Join us at the 8th World Youth Buddhist Symposium, FREE hotel and food provided!

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
UK Bodhi Association

Join us at the 8th World Youth Buddhist Symposium, FREE hotel and food provided!

Post by UK Bodhi Association »

This summer in Chiang Rai (Thailand), FREE accommodation, FREE meals, FREE meditation sessions led by renowned Buddhist masters, & MUST-SEE talks by top researchers and influential spiritual leaders.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!!!
========================================
poster2.png
poster2.png (373.31 KiB) Viewed 2546 times

How may Buddhism actively embrace the emerging challenges and opportunities in the age of Artificial Intelligence?
The Eighth World Youth Buddhist Symposium is calling for papers and participation.

1. When? July 25~28, 2018
2. Where? Chiang Rai, Thailand

3. Who? Academic scholars, university students and recent graduates, members of Dharma centers or spiritual groups.
4. How to attend? Submitting a paper or simply applying as an audience member
5. Application deadline: April 04, 2018.
6. Travel stipend: FREE accommodation, meals and local transportation for all accepted attendees.

7. Call for paper & participation: http://www.wybuddhist.com/eng/confernec ... lassID=222
8. Apply for participation: http://www.wybuddhist.com/bm.asp
9. Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WorldYouthBuddhistSociety/

poster1.png
poster1.png (193.57 KiB) Viewed 2546 times
Jesse

Re: Join us at the 8th World Youth Buddhist Symposium, FREE hotel and food provided!

Post by Jesse »

Well, once AI becomes so proficient at (Everything), there will be lots of time for practice because there won't be any work left for humans to do. Machines ran by AI will be doing literally, everything.

The AI will even maintain (and upgrade) it'self, so AI researchers will be out of work as well.. Same goes for the developers, AI will become so advanced that human developers will no longer be able to comprehend the code the AI writes. Machines will far surpass humans in intelligence, and capability.

If that's the direction humanity goes, then humans will have to rethink society, and how it functions from square one.

I hope it leads to utopia. However, I am not optimistic about human behavior.

I expect the worst to happen. Human society will further divide into the have, and have not's.

At least this process will take quite a long time to happen. So there's plenty of time for people to try to change things for the better. Being a realist though, I don't expect much.
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
UK Bodhi Association

Re: Join us at the 8th World Youth Buddhist Symposium, FREE hotel and food provided!

Hello Jesse:

Thanks for your thoughtful sharing. why not to join this great symposium for free to discover more :)
UK Bodhi Association

Hello Jesse:

Thanks for your thoughtful sharing. why not to join this great symposium for free to discover more :)

Jesse wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:44 am Well, once AI becomes so proficient at (Everything), there will be lots of time for practice because there won't be any work left for humans to do. Machines ran by AI will be doing literally, everything.

The AI will even maintain (and upgrade) it'self, so AI researchers will be out of work as well.. Same goes for the developers, AI will become so advanced that human developers will no longer be able to comprehend the code the AI writes. Machines will far surpass humans in intelligence, and capability.

If that's the direction humanity goes, then humans will have to rethink society, and how it functions from square one.

I hope it leads to utopia. However, I am not optimistic about human behavior.

I expect the worst to happen. Human society will further divide into the have, and have not's.

At least this process will take quite a long time to happen. So there's plenty of time for people to try to change things for the better. Being a realist though, I don't expect much.

Return to “Dharma Events”