Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
User avatar
khemmis
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:42 pm

Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by khemmis » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:13 pm

From Garchen Institue FB page:
Excellent news!
H.E. Garchen Rinpoche will offer Guru Rinpoche empowerment on March 13 at 2pm Arizona time.
For the LiveStream, tune in to our YouTube Channel at this link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm_XG1 ... 8ruERVlG2Q

User avatar
Seeker12
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Seeker12 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:11 am

khemmis wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:13 pm
From Garchen Institue FB page:
Excellent news!
H.E. Garchen Rinpoche will offer Guru Rinpoche empowerment on March 13 at 2pm Arizona time.
For the LiveStream, tune in to our YouTube Channel at this link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm_XG1 ... 8ruERVlG2Q
Any idea exactly what ‘Guru Rinpoche empowerment’ means?
Better than if there were thousands of meaningless words is one meaningful word that on hearing brings peace.

Better than if there were thousands of meaningless verses is one meaningful verse that on hearing brings peace.

And better than chanting hundreds of meaningless verses is one Dhamma-saying that on hearing brings peace.

haha
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by haha » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Seeker12 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:11 am
khemmis wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:13 pm
From Garchen Institue FB page:
Excellent news!
H.E. Garchen Rinpoche will offer Guru Rinpoche empowerment on March 13 at 2pm Arizona time.
For the LiveStream, tune in to our YouTube Channel at this link:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm_XG1 ... 8ruERVlG2Q
Any idea exactly what ‘Guru Rinpoche empowerment’ means?
One aspect, it would create favorable condition to practice dzogchen.

User avatar
Seeker12
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Seeker12 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:09 pm

haha wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:18 pm
One aspect, it would create favorable condition to practice dzogchen.
No, I mean that there are many empowerments connected with Guru Rinpoche. I'm wondering about specifically what is being given.
Better than if there were thousands of meaningless words is one meaningful word that on hearing brings peace.

Better than if there were thousands of meaningless verses is one meaningful verse that on hearing brings peace.

And better than chanting hundreds of meaningless verses is one Dhamma-saying that on hearing brings peace.

User avatar
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member
Posts: 2096
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Könchok Thrinley » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Seeker12 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:09 pm
haha wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:18 pm
One aspect, it would create favorable condition to practice dzogchen.
No, I mean that there are many empowerments connected with Guru Rinpoche. I'm wondering about specifically what is being given.
I think it could be yangzab, or some special practice connected to the Gar monastery.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

User avatar
Mantrik
Former staff member
Posts: 2132
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Mantrik » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:58 pm

Not just Garchen Rinpoche's staff, but I do wish organisations would be clear about what is being organised.
People can work out for themselves if they wish to have a relationship with Garchen Rinpoche, of course, and also about the webcast aspect, but I'm concerned that people should know more as a general principle.

It is an extreme example, I know, but I know of a group of around 20 complete beginners from a university meditation group who ended up with Heruka and Vajrayogini HYT empowerments, tantric vows, practice commitments etc. and even afterwards had no idea, as they just couldn't follow it at all. Lucky for them the 'Geshe' probably wasn't qualified to give it, but they should never have been involved.

So:
What is the Empowerment, and at what level?
Who is it suitable for?
What Vows are required and what are taken?
What are the Commitments?
is there a Sadhana?
Is there support for practice afterwards?
etc etc

It may be me, but I get the impression people take more care booking their summer holidays than preparing for an empowerment. Just imagine:
'I'm going to the Alps in two weeks. No, I don't know about flights or hotels and haven't packed or got a passport. I don't know what the weather will be like but I'm going to ski, whatever that is. I reckon it'll work out.' ;)
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member
Posts: 2096
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Könchok Thrinley » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:05 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:58 pm
Not just Garchen Rinpoche's staff, but I do wish organisations would be clear about what is being organised.
People can work out for themselves if they wish to have a relationship with Garchen Rinpoche, of course, and also about the webcast aspect, but I'm concerned that people should know more as a general principle.

It is an extreme example, I know, but I know of a group of complete beginners from a university meditation group who ended up with Heruka and Vajrayogini HYT empowerments, tantric vows, practice commitments etc. and even afterwards had no idea, as they just couldn't follow it at all.

So:
What is the Empowerment, and at what level?
Who is it suitable for?
What Vows are required and what are taken?
What are the Commitments?
is there a Sadhana?
Is there support for practice afterwards?
etc etc

It may be me, but I get the impression people take more care booking their summer holidays than preparing for an empowerment. Just imagine:
'I'm going to the Alps in two weeks. No, I don't know about flights or hotels and haven't packed or got a passport. I don't know what the weather will be like but I'm going to ski, whatever that is. I reckon it'll work out.' ;)
Well in case of Garchen Rinpoche the answers are usually like this:

1) Will be explained during the history of empowerment teaching before (although I would love more infro before)
2) Garchen Rinpoche says that empowerements are great for purifying samayas and other vows and getting a clear start
3) The main vows are love and compassion
4) Commitment is keeping love and compassion
5 and 6 are bit harder in general unfortunately... often there is a practice retreat connected to the empowerment organized by the local sangha, or the khenpos and drubpons leading the sangha usually can provide more details.

But in general, you gave good words of advice.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

User avatar
Mantrik
Former staff member
Posts: 2132
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Mantrik » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:22 pm

Könchok Thrinley wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:05 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:58 pm
Not just Garchen Rinpoche's staff, but I do wish organisations would be clear about what is being organised.
People can work out for themselves if they wish to have a relationship with Garchen Rinpoche, of course, and also about the webcast aspect, but I'm concerned that people should know more as a general principle.

It is an extreme example, I know, but I know of a group of complete beginners from a university meditation group who ended up with Heruka and Vajrayogini HYT empowerments, tantric vows, practice commitments etc. and even afterwards had no idea, as they just couldn't follow it at all.

So:
What is the Empowerment, and at what level?
Who is it suitable for?
What Vows are required and what are taken?
What are the Commitments?
is there a Sadhana?
Is there support for practice afterwards?
etc etc

It may be me, but I get the impression people take more care booking their summer holidays than preparing for an empowerment. Just imagine:
'I'm going to the Alps in two weeks. No, I don't know about flights or hotels and haven't packed or got a passport. I don't know what the weather will be like but I'm going to ski, whatever that is. I reckon it'll work out.' ;)
Well in case of Garchen Rinpoche the answers are usually like this:

1) Will be explained during the history of empowerment teaching before (although I would love more infro before)
2) Garchen Rinpoche says that empowerements are great for purifying samayas and other vows and getting a clear start
3) The main vows are love and compassion
4) Commitment is keeping love and compassion
5 and 6 are bit harder in general unfortunately... often there is a practice retreat connected to the empowerment organized by the local sangha, or the khenpos and drubpons leading the sangha usually can provide more details.

But in general, you gave good words of advice.
Yes, he has a very light touch. I'm not sure if he even insists on Refuge as a prerequisite.
And the most important of all is my first sentence of course - deciding to have that relationship with a Guru and confidence in what they do.
It s a great kindness for him to extend that opportunity to people.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

haha
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by haha » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:44 pm

Seeker12 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:09 pm
Guru Rinpoche Mantra Accumulation Retreat:
March 13 – March 15, 2020

From March 13th – 15th, 2020, we will practice this powerful devotional sadhana to relieve the suffering of beings through elimination of self-grasping and generation of bodhichitta (the intent to benefit all sentient beings).

And as an additional blessing, H.E. Garchen Rinpoche will offer Guru Rinpoche Empowerment on March 13th, at 2:00pm!

Guru Rinpoche (‘Precious Master’) established the Buddhadharma in Tibet. His name, Padmasambhava, means “Lotus-born” and refers both to his pure birth from a lotus, and to his completely awakened state — he incarnated as a fully enlightened being.

The profound practice of Guru Rinpoche can transform and purify afflictive emotions – such as anger, jealousy and attachment – into wisdom and compassion, thus creating great merit while removing outer, inner and secret obstacles. The ultimate result will be the two-fold attainment of ordinary and supreme siddhis. Ordinary siddhis include long life, good health, peace and happiness, as well as the ability to fulfill all of your bodhichitta aspirations. The supreme siddhi is enlightenment.

.
We hold this Guru Rinpoche Mantra Accumulation practice annually because it is the wish of both H.E. Garchen Rinpoche & Drubwang Konchog Norbu Rinpoche that we conduct the practices of Amitabha, Chenrezik, & Guru Rinpoche every year. These three practices are the condensed essences of the three kayas of the Buddha.

Join us in this precious opportunity to invoke the blessings of Guru Rinpoche, for the benefit all beings. The retreat will begin at 9am March 13th, and end at 5pm on March 15th.

CLICK HERE to Register!
source: garchen.net

User avatar
Mantrik
Former staff member
Posts: 2132
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Mantrik » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:55 pm

haha wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:44 pm
Seeker12 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:09 pm
Guru Rinpoche Mantra Accumulation Retreat:
March 13 – March 15, 2020

From March 13th – 15th, 2020, we will practice this powerful devotional sadhana to relieve the suffering of beings through elimination of self-grasping and generation of bodhichitta (the intent to benefit all sentient beings).

And as an additional blessing, H.E. Garchen Rinpoche will offer Guru Rinpoche Empowerment on March 13th, at 2:00pm!

Guru Rinpoche (‘Precious Master’) established the Buddhadharma in Tibet. His name, Padmasambhava, means “Lotus-born” and refers both to his pure birth from a lotus, and to his completely awakened state — he incarnated as a fully enlightened being.

The profound practice of Guru Rinpoche can transform and purify afflictive emotions – such as anger, jealousy and attachment – into wisdom and compassion, thus creating great merit while removing outer, inner and secret obstacles. The ultimate result will be the two-fold attainment of ordinary and supreme siddhis. Ordinary siddhis include long life, good health, peace and happiness, as well as the ability to fulfill all of your bodhichitta aspirations. The supreme siddhi is enlightenment.

.
We hold this Guru Rinpoche Mantra Accumulation practice annually because it is the wish of both H.E. Garchen Rinpoche & Drubwang Konchog Norbu Rinpoche that we conduct the practices of Amitabha, Chenrezik, & Guru Rinpoche every year. These three practices are the condensed essences of the three kayas of the Buddha.

Join us in this precious opportunity to invoke the blessings of Guru Rinpoche, for the benefit all beings. The retreat will begin at 9am March 13th, and end at 5pm on March 15th.

CLICK HERE to Register!
source: garchen.net
Without labouring the point this does not tell us what it is. I'm not concerned for myself, but it is frustrating that nobody can answer such questions. At the latest Mahakala empowerment the comments on the webcast were a game of 20 questions as people posted several versions of what they thought was happening, including the wrong tsakli on screen etc. I felt sorry for anyone new.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Malcolm
Posts: 31178
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Malcolm » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:45 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:22 pm


Yes, he has a very light touch. I'm not sure if he even insists on Refuge as a prerequisite.
Every empowerment contains the refuge vow preliminary.

User avatar
Mantrik
Former staff member
Posts: 2132
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Mantrik » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:07 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:45 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:22 pm


Yes, he has a very light touch. I'm not sure if he even insists on Refuge as a prerequisite.
Every empowerment contains the refuge vow preliminary.
True, but I've not seen that in publicity for those webcast events, and I know quite a few people latch onto them via Facebook etc. With open events things need spelling out sometimes.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Malcolm
Posts: 31178
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Malcolm » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:11 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:07 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:45 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:22 pm


Yes, he has a very light touch. I'm not sure if he even insists on Refuge as a prerequisite.
Every empowerment contains the refuge vow preliminary.
True, but I've not seen that in publicity for those webcast events, and I know quite a few people latch onto them via Facebook etc. With open events things need spelling out sometimes.
Whatevs, none of our business what other people do.

User avatar
tobes
Posts: 1678
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:02 am

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by tobes » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:24 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:55 pm
haha wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:44 pm
Seeker12 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:09 pm
Guru Rinpoche Mantra Accumulation Retreat:
March 13 – March 15, 2020

From March 13th – 15th, 2020, we will practice this powerful devotional sadhana to relieve the suffering of beings through elimination of self-grasping and generation of bodhichitta (the intent to benefit all sentient beings).

And as an additional blessing, H.E. Garchen Rinpoche will offer Guru Rinpoche Empowerment on March 13th, at 2:00pm!

Guru Rinpoche (‘Precious Master’) established the Buddhadharma in Tibet. His name, Padmasambhava, means “Lotus-born” and refers both to his pure birth from a lotus, and to his completely awakened state — he incarnated as a fully enlightened being.

The profound practice of Guru Rinpoche can transform and purify afflictive emotions – such as anger, jealousy and attachment – into wisdom and compassion, thus creating great merit while removing outer, inner and secret obstacles. The ultimate result will be the two-fold attainment of ordinary and supreme siddhis. Ordinary siddhis include long life, good health, peace and happiness, as well as the ability to fulfill all of your bodhichitta aspirations. The supreme siddhi is enlightenment.

.
We hold this Guru Rinpoche Mantra Accumulation practice annually because it is the wish of both H.E. Garchen Rinpoche & Drubwang Konchog Norbu Rinpoche that we conduct the practices of Amitabha, Chenrezik, & Guru Rinpoche every year. These three practices are the condensed essences of the three kayas of the Buddha.

Join us in this precious opportunity to invoke the blessings of Guru Rinpoche, for the benefit all beings. The retreat will begin at 9am March 13th, and end at 5pm on March 15th.

CLICK HERE to Register!
source: garchen.net
Without labouring the point this does not tell us what it is. I'm not concerned for myself, but it is frustrating that nobody can answer such questions. At the latest Mahakala empowerment the comments on the webcast were a game of 20 questions as people posted several versions of what they thought was happening, including the wrong tsakli on screen etc. I felt sorry for anyone new.
Do a search for all the threads about HE Garchen Rinpoche, including about online empowerments etc. One thing becomes very clear: people obsess about details in a way which is very contrary to his approach. So, it's up to you to decide if you have confidence in his approach or not. If so, let go of your concerns. If not, what's to worry about, it's not your concern....

User avatar
Mantrik
Former staff member
Posts: 2132
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Mantrik » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:54 pm

How odd getting clobbered for expressing concern for others.
Why give advice here in this thread, or indeed on this forum if we need have no concern?
The logic is: ' I am concerned enough to advise you it is not for you to be concerned'. Lol :)
For the record and for those who don't read threads before posting, I have no problem and praised the kindness of GR. Apologies for thinking perhaps it may help others to know what an empowerment is beforehand. Silly me.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
tobes
Posts: 1678
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:02 am

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by tobes » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:23 am

Mantrik wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:54 pm
How odd getting clobbered for expressing concern for others.
Why give advice here in this thread, or indeed on this forum if we need have no concern?
The logic is: ' I am concerned enough to advise you it is not for you to be concerned'. Lol :)
For the record and for those who don't read threads before posting, I have no problem and praised the kindness of GR. Apologies for thinking perhaps it may help others to know what an empowerment is beforehand. Silly me.
Sorry Mantrik, I didn't mean to clobber you.

I'm just saying: trust the process, you don't have to worry about how other people are understanding things (or not).

haha
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by haha » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:18 am

Mantrik wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:55 pm

Without labouring the point this does not tell us what it is. I'm not concerned for myself, but it is frustrating that nobody can answer such questions. At the latest Mahakala empowerment the comments on the webcast were a game of 20 questions as people posted several versions of what they thought was happening, including the wrong tsakli on screen etc. I felt sorry for anyone new.
We hold this Guru Rinpoche Mantra Accumulation practice annually”. It means that they practice this form annually. Those, who had participated previous years, could tell.

we conduct the practices of Amitabha, Chenrezik, & Guru Rinpoche every year”. In terms of three kayas of the Buddha, it should be peaceful Guru Rinpoche.

The picture provided in their annual event is the peaceful one.

GR presents the essence of all deities in one deity. So, his emphasis is the essence instead of appearance.

If the refuge and bodhicitta are given in four lines, it is upto the student to understand the condense version.

However, I am not the correct person to represent GR. It is pure speculation but with some reasonable basis.
:anjali:

haha
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by haha » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:53 am

Retreat Schedule:

Friday, March 13:
9:00 – 12:00 — Teachings and commentary on the Guru Rinpoche practice, by Khenpo Tenzin
2:00 pm — Guru Rinpoche Empowerment, bestowed by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche

Saturday and Sunday, March 14 & 15:
9:00 – 12:00 — Guru Rinpoche practice and mantra accumulation
2:00 – 5:00 — Guru Rinpoche practice and mantra accumulation

Because the Garchen Institute is temporarily closed to the public, this event can be attended via livestream on our YouTube Channel. CLICK HERE to participate.

source


User avatar
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member
Posts: 2096
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by Könchok Thrinley » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:07 pm

H.E.Garchen Rinpoche will hold the Guru Rinpoche empowerment and retreat on March 13-15 in live-stream at https://cutt.ly/IeDWelG according to the schedule below.

Garchen Rinpoche has a close karmic connections with Guru Rinpoche (Padmasambhava). According to Ratna Lingpa’s terma Guru Padmasambhava prophesized that the 1st Garchen Rinpoche (Gar Chodingpa) will be an emanation of Chenrezig. The root guru of Garchen Rinpoche in this life-time – Khenpo Munsel (met in Chinese prison) was a Drogchen Master of Nyingma school of Tibetan Buddhism derived from Guru Rinpoche.

Guru Rinpoche (‘Precious Master’) was invited by the Tibetan king Trisong Detsen from India to help in spreading the Buddhadharma in Tibet and establishing the first Tibetan monastery – Samye. Also Guru Rinpoche has brought to Tibet a wide range of tantric (Vajrayana) practices and hidden many of them as termas in caves and other remote places to be discovered in next centuries by tertons – treasure revealers.

In Sanskrit, Padmasambhava, means “Lotus-born” and refers both to his pure birth from a lotus, and to his completely awakened state, he incarnated as a fully enlightened being.

Schedule in Arizona time:

March 13 (Friday):

9:00 am – 12:00 am – Teachings and commentary on the Guru Rinpoche practice, by Khenpo Tenzin

2:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Guru Rinpoche Empowerment, bestowed by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche

March 14 –15 (Satarday – Sunday):

9:00 am – 12:00 am – Guru Rinpoche practice and mantra accumulation

2:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Guru Rinpoche practice and mantra accumulation

Om Ah Hum Vajra Guru Pema Siddhi Hung - Guru Rinpoche's mantra. The profound practice of Guru Rinpoche can transform and purify afflictive emotions – such as anger, jealousy and attachment – into wisdom and compassion, thus creating great merit while removing outer, inner and secret obstacles. The ultimate result will be the two-fold attainment of ordinary and supreme siddhis. Ordinary siddhis include long life, good health, peace and happiness, as well as the ability to fulfill all of your bodhichitta aspirations. The supreme siddhi is enlightenment.

Garchen Rinpoche said that participating in empowerments and mantra recitation via live-stream, if combined with devotion and a motivation of bodhichitta, is as beneficial as one’s physical presence.

The practiced Guru Rinpoche sadhana is from the terma revealed by the great Terton Pema Lingpa, it might be posted by GBI. Link to the new prayer book used at the Garchen Buddhist Institute: https://garchen.net/?ddownload=11823

More updated information might be found on the GBI Facebook page or website: https://garchen.net, email: questions@garchen.net
Mystery solved!
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

User avatar
treehuggingoctopus
Posts: 1882
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:26 pm
Location: EU

Re: Guru Rinpoche empowerment from H.E. Garchen Rinpoche - March 13 2020

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:31 pm

To offer care and affection to sentient beings
In desperate situations who lack protection
Brings just as much merit as the meditation
On emptiness with compassion as its core—
So it has been said by glorious Lord Atisha.

Chatral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche

If you cannot generate an altruistic mind, even extensive retreat will be of not much benefit.
Garchen Triptrul Rinpoche

Post Reply

Return to “Dharma Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests