3D Phurba mandala kickstarter campaign

Adamantine
Former staff member

3D Phurba mandala kickstarter campaign

Post by Adamantine »

Hi everyone, please help make the first full scale three dimensional Vajrakilaya mandala in America manifest.
This is according to divinations and prophecies of Lama Dawa Chodaak Rinpoche, who saw that this is essential in order to prevent a lot of environmental disaster and wars. As it references in the kickstarter video, constructing just one three dimensional Phurba mandala is equivalent in benefit to building 108 stupas.

See more here and spread the word! :
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ph ... ce-mandala
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Vasana

Re: 3D Phurba mandala kickstarter campaign

Post by Vasana »

Good stuff. Should they not reach their goal in time, i hope hey know there are other crowd funding sites that have funding options that aren't 'all or nothing' like Kickstarter.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Vasana wrote:Good stuff. Should they not reach their goal in time, i hope hey know there are other crowd funding sites that have funding options that aren't 'all or nothing' like Kickstarter.
I believe the campaign is time-sensitive, as there is currently someone willing to cover the remaining costs above this, ($30k is the actual amount needed) if this amount is raised, like a matching fund. So there are a number of reasons to try to get this accomplished now and make the goal happen. I pray it will be realized.
jkarlins

Post by jkarlins »

Sounds powerful. I'll do what I can to share this info.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

jkarlins wrote:Sounds powerful. I'll do what I can to share this info.
:thanks: :namaste:
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

From Lama Dawa Chhodak's Facebook page:
We are excited to announce that the Kickstarter campaign for the P’hurba Peace Mandala has officially begun! This mandala is a traditional, three-dimensional Buddhist monument that will generate great blessings and help to bring peace to the world. We are raising funds for the hand-carved mandala that will ultimately be installed in a temple in Lansing, IA. We have a goal of $18,000, and we have until August 31 to reach it.

Please forward this to everyone you know. Tell your family! Tell your friends! Spread the word on Facebook! Let’s do this! Please click this link for more information about the Kickstarter project and to give your support:

Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Further info from a Saraswati Bhawan newsletter sent out today:
The Kickstarter campaign for the P’hurba Peace Mandala is in full swing! Many thanks to all those who have already contributed to the campaign! Your generosity is truly appreciated! We are now in the 6th day of the fundraiser, and we have raised almost $6000. This is a strong beginning, but we still have a long way to go to reach our goal of $18,000.
As a reminder, the way Kickstarter works is that it is an all-or-nothing approach. If we do not reach our goal of $18,000, no pledges are collected and we will not have raised any money for this incredibly important cause. Therefore, it is crucial that everyone puts a lot of effort into creating awareness about this fundraising campaign.

Lama Dawa Rinpoche first developed the aspiration to build the P’hurba Peace Mandala in 2003. Now in 2017 the need to complete the P'hurba Peace Mandala Project is more critical than ever. Lama Dawa Rinpoche has often said that the building of the Peace Mandala is the responsibility and duty of his students in order to support the development of Vajrayana Buddhism in North America and to accomplish great benefit for all beings. He expects that we will joyfully participate and donate generously towards the completion of his heart's aspiration. It is of utmost importance that we work together to complete this timely project.
His Holiness, Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche, supreme lineage holder of the Dudjom Tersar, has also offered his full support of the P’hurba Peace Mandala Project. He urges us all to contribute, stating, “I feel that this is a wonderful opportunity to cultivate inexhaustible causal and wisdom merit and strongly urge people to contribute to the completion of this plan. No doubt, whatever can be offered will be of inconceivable benefit to oneself and others.”
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Hi Everyone, it's the last week and they are so close!
Please help in the final stretch. The recent message to us is:
Help Us Make Lama Dawa's Dream Come True!
We're almost there! We are now into our final week of the Kickstarter Campaign, which ends on August 31. We’re so close to our goal of $18,000! We have made it this far, and it’s imperative that we raise the final amount of $2,500. If we come up short, then no pledges are collected. Please pledge and encourage others to do the same.
If you have already pledged, thank you! If you have been putting off pledging, now is the time!
Let us all come together to bring Lama Dawa Rinpoche’s aspirations for the P’hurba Peace Mandala to fruition.

May All Beings Benefit!
cky

Post by cky »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention again. Almost forgot to donate :)

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”