Khandro Kamala at Boulder Valley Ngakpa House

pemachophel

Khandro Kamala at Boulder Valley Ngakpa House

Post by pemachophel »

Dear Friends in the Dharma,

It is with great pleasure that I am able to announce that Khandro Kamala will be visiting Boulder Valley Ngakpa House for a couple of days in late September. Khandro Kamala is the Sangyum (Consort) of the late Chatral Sangay Dorje Rinpoche, the Daughter of Terton Tulzhug Lingpa, and the Granddaughter of Terton Gyachog Lingpa. Her Root Teachers are H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche and Chatral Rinpoche, and She is the Mother of Seymo Saraswati Rinpoche, the Tulku of Sera Khandro. Khandro Kamala is one of the great living Wisdom Dakinis in the world today as well as one of the leading female Teachers of Tibetan Buddhism.

Therefore, I would like to invite you to two public events on Sunday, Sept. 24:

First, from 9-11 AM, we will be offering a large sang, sur, and Dharmapalas puja. These are practices Khandro Kamala does every day. This event will be held in our backyard. Please RSVP if you would like to attend and please bring a sang offering, such as Riwo Sang Chod incense, cookies and pastries, alcohol (vodka, whiskey, gin, etc.), ghee/butter, yogurt, honey, molasses, flowers, cloth (blue, white, yellow, red, and green), juniper twigs, etc. Also bring a cushion or folding chair.

Second, from 3-5 PM, Khandro Kamala will give a talk in the Boulder Valley Ngakpa House shrine-room followed by a question and answer session. Topics Khandro Kamala will touch on in Her talk will include the role of women in Tibetan Buddhism, the importance of stupas, and the benefits of vegetarianism. We will also ask Her to give the lung/oral transmission for Chatral Rinpoche's Prayer for Averting Nuclear War. Please RSVP if you would like to attend this talk. Because space is limited, we may not be able to accommodate everyone. So it's important to get your name on the list.

Both of these events are free of charge. However, there will be time at the end of these events for attendees to offer Khandro Kamala a traditional khata and thanksgiving offering.

And finally, there may be a chance for a very few half-hour private audiences with Khandro Kamala. Please let me know if you would like to book one of these. At the moment, I cannot tell you an exact day or time but hope to be able to schedule definite times as we move closer to Sept. 21. Please RSVP to me at: [email protected]

Yours in the Dharma,

Lama Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ (Bob Flaws)
Boulder Valley Ngakpa House (http://www.bouldervalleyngakpahouse.com)
2539 Columbine Circle
Lafayette, CO 80026
303-775-9244
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”