1 post • Page 1 of 1
Join the Tara Mandala community, offer your services to the Dharma, and deepen your practice on the land.
We are excited to announce that we have several employment opportunities available at Tara Mandala! Have you ever thought about integrating your work life and Dharma practice in a more cohesive way, or want to live in a Dharma community? This is the perfect time to consider making a change in your life and joining the residential staff at Tara Mandala. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute meaningful work and service to a harmonious community of residents, visitors on retreat, teachers, and staff. Tara Mandala is a retreat center that offers a variety of retreats and events throughout the year, with teachers from around the world offering a wide range of teachings from many wisdom traditions. On-site positions include room and board, a variety of housing options, and various benefits. All positions require legal eligibility to work in the USA. Please read below for more about the available positions at Tara Mandala.
The following jobs are available:
• Executive Assistant / Secretary to Director: This position works directly with the Executive Director on a day to day basis. It requires a broad range of skills and experience, including general knowledge of non-profit operations, finance, human resources, administration, and computer skills (WORD, Excel, and Google Docs). Basic knowledge of bookkeeping is favorable though not required. This position is an on-site 30 hours per week residential position at Tara Mandala. For more information about job description and experience requirements -> https://taramandala.org/spring18-asst-ed/
• Operations Manager: This is an on-site full-time residential position that works closely with the Executive Director and Facilities/Land Staff to implement the Board’s vision for the retreat center. This includes overseeing the operations of all the aspects of our land and infrastructure, such as water and septic system management, road maintenance, building and utility maintenance, garden and grounds maintenance in the spring through fall, kitchen equipment, and housekeeping. This position also involves HR assistance, and overseeing 2-3 volunteers working on our land and garden projects from May to September. This will require hands-on maintenance and repair, carpentry, and construction skills. For more information about job description and experience requirements -> https://taramandala.org/spring18-op-mg/
• Bookstore Manager: The bookstore manager is an on-site full time residential position that manages all aspects of our retail store. The responsibilities include sales, purchasing, inventory management, store display, accounting/bookkeeping, and online store management. This position requires retail experience and an understanding of practices and lineages at Tara Mandala as we sell a variety of ritual items, books, and other supports for our members’ practice. For more information about job description and experience requirements -> https://taramandala.org/spring18-book-mg/
• Part-time, Permanent Accounting Assistant: This position works directly under our Finance Director, on a day to day basis supporting all of the financial aspects of the organization. This includes processing invoices, payments, handling member donations, retreat payment questions, and helping to maintain our member database. This position is either on-site or off-site, depending on the individual’s experience and skill and roughly 20 to 24 hours per week. Strong Excel, bookkeeping, and QuickBooks skills as well as an understanding of accounts payable and receivables required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Christine) or fill out an application here -> https://taramandala.org/job-application/
• Seasonal Cooks: We will be hiring a seasonal cook for our summer retreat season, roughly mid-May through mid-September, 2018. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute meaningful work and service to a harmonious community of residents, visitors on retreat, teachers, and staff. Three years restaurant, retreat center or large party catering/cooking experience required. These are full time, seasonal contractor positions. Please email email@example.com (Maitreyi) or fill out an application here -> https://taramandala.org/job-application/
After one year of employment, all residential full-time permanent positions include a paid two weeks Losar retreat each year, attendance at one 5-day on-site program, and other special residential staff teaching programs. Organic vegetarian and vegan meals are provided 3 times a day during programs, and twice on weekdays during the fall through spring months. Tara Mandala is a drug- and smoke-free community of committed Dharma practitioners. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Tara Mandala Family