Post by pemachophel »

Attachments
Tulku Yeshi ad.jpg
Tulku Yeshi ad.jpg (210.81 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Virgo

Re: H.E. Tulku Yeshi Rinpoche in Colorado Jun. 22-24

Post by Virgo »

Hi Pema, my classes end on June 20'th. I can fly into DEN on Thursday Jun 21'st and attend the teachings for the full 3 days starting on June 22'nd. When I arrive I can rent a car and then drive down to Pagosa Springs after the retreat in Lafeyette and receive the Endless Knot with Lama Karma from June 27'th until July 4'th, and then I can drive back up to Denver and fly home from there. I would have loved to have driven to CO again but I won't be able to if I want to make the Yuthog Nyingthik, which is what I am most interested in receiving. Are you going to be at the retreat?

Thanks. :)

Kevin...
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Tulku Yeshi is awesome, and has a great sense if humor to boot. Fantastic teacher.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:29 am Tulku Yeshi is awesome, and has a great sense if humor to boot. Fantastic teacher.
Awesome. I am very much looking forward to it.

Kevin...
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Is the White Mahakala Wang GonKar Yishin Norbu of the Shangpa tradition?
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Kevin,

Yes, karma willing and death and impermanence not manifesting before this, I will be there. It's being held at my center.

Cone,

Sorry, I don't know. At the moment, I'm not planning on attending this part of the weekend. So I haven't asked for any more information. You can PM Tulku Yeshi on Facebook and I'm sure He'll answer you.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

pemachophel wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:45 pm Kevin,

Yes, karma willing and death and impermanence not manifesting before this, I will be there. It's being held at my center.
Yes! :woohoo: I look forward to meeting you.

Kevin...
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:29 am Tulku Yeshi is awesome, and has a great sense if humor to boot. Fantastic teacher.
I am starting to like him already. The schedule everyday is 10-4. That means I can sleep in, get a cappuccino, and maybe some pie, etc.

Kevin...
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Hi Pema, do you know if the empowerment of the Yuthog Nyingthik allows one to do all the practices in that magical system (skor).

For example I would like to be able to make the mendrub and empower it in the traditional way, also adding the Song of the Vajra many times, etc. Do you know to what extent this empowerment allows one to work with the practices in that cycle?

Thanks,

Kevin...
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Kevin,

It'll be the short empowerment, not the full-on two-day empowerment. I've received it twice from Tulku Yeshi and both times it was the same. Bottom line, He hasn't scheduled enough time to do the full two-day empowerment. Nevertheless, the empowerment He is going to give will allow you to do the ngon-dro, outer, inner, secret, and even more secret Guru yogas, the hindrance-dispelling gun-khyer, and the daily Protectors. (You will have to get lung for these. IME, Tulku Yeshi only gives a four-line daily Guru yoga lung in these empowerments. If you want something more, you'll need to ask Him.)

Actually, all the sadhanas I've listed above are prerequisites before doing any of the lay-jor/activities. So they'll keep you busy for some months. Tulku Yeshi lives in Seattle. Meaning a quick plane flight out there to get some more lungs or more of the wangs doesn't seem (at least to me) to be too difficult or expensive.

In terms of making men-drub, in other terma cycles, this is usually done as an activity/lay-jor included in a specifically men-drub accomplishing drub-chen. This is usually not something you do at home on your own. However, I have not looked at the men-drub making instructions in the Yuthok Nyingthig. So maybe it's different there. Maybe it is something one can do on one's own. Men-drub has lineage. That means one usually tries to get men-drub from the best Lama one can -- "best" here meaning the purest samaya and the most signs of accomplishment of the sadhana used in making the men-drub.

If what you're talking about is blessing medicines so that they take on spiritually blessed power in addition to their usual medicinal effect, in the Yuthok Nyingthig, you can do that after completing the outer Guru yoga. Meantime, one can simply recite the Eight Medicine Buddhas dharani over medicine a number of times and that will also bless the medicine. The more times one has said that dharani, the more blessing power it'll have.

BTW, one of the special characteristics of the Yuthok Nyingthig is that a lot of it can be done in seven-day retreats, even the ngon-dro. If you do a proper seven-day retreat, you can then go on to the next sadhana. This is to accommodate busy clinicians who are not full-time religious. The text also says one can do the sadhanas in the usual way if one has the time and ability. Depends on whether you think you've gotten the right result. Personally, I try to do them the long way. But I've also done the ngon-dro two times and the outer Guru yoga once the short way and found the experience each time very beneficial.

Good luck and best wishes.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

pemachophel wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:43 pm Kevin,

It'll be the short empowerment, not the full-on two-day empowerment...
Wow, Pema. That makes things very clear. Thank you very much, quite a bit of information.

Kevin...
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

pemachophel wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:43 pm Kevin,

It'll be the short empowerment, not the full-on two-day empowerment. I've received it twice from Tulku Yeshi and both times it was the same. Bottom line, He hasn't scheduled enough time to do the full two-day empowerment. Nevertheless, the empowerment He is going to give will allow you to do the ngon-dro, outer, inner, secret, and even more secret Guru yogas, the hindrance-dispelling gun-khyer, and the daily Protectors. (You will have to get lung for these. IME, Tulku Yeshi only gives a four-line daily Guru yoga lung in these empowerments. If you want something more, you'll need to ask Him.)

Actually, all the sadhanas I've listed above are prerequisites before doing any of the lay-jor/activities. So they'll keep you busy for some months. Tulku Yeshi lives in Seattle. Meaning a quick plane flight out there to get some more lungs or more of the wangs doesn't seem (at least to me) to be too difficult or expensive.

In terms of making men-drub, in other terma cycles, this is usually done as an activity/lay-jor included in a specifically men-drub accomplishing drub-chen. This is usually not something you do at home on your own. However, I have not looked at the men-drub making instructions in the Yuthok Nyingthig. So maybe it's different there. Maybe it is something one can do on one's own. Men-drub has lineage. That means one usually tries to get men-drub from the best Lama one can -- "best" here meaning the purest samaya and the most signs of accomplishment of the sadhana used in making the men-drub.

If what you're talking about is blessing medicines so that they take on spiritually blessed power in addition to their usual medicinal effect, in the Yuthok Nyingthig, you can do that after completing the outer Guru yoga. Meantime, one can simply recite the Eight Medicine Buddhas dharani over medicine a number of times and that will also bless the medicine. The more times one has said that dharani, the more blessing power it'll have.

BTW, one of the special characteristics of the Yuthok Nyingthig is that a lot of it can be done in seven-day retreats, even the ngon-dro. If you do a proper seven-day retreat, you can then go on to the next sadhana. This is to accommodate busy clinicians who are not full-time religious. The text also says one can do the sadhanas in the usual way if one has the time and ability. Depends on whether you think you've gotten the right result. Personally, I try to do them the long way. But I've also done the ngon-dro two times and the outer Guru yoga once the short way and found the experience each time very beneficial.

Good luck and best wishes.
Do you have a link for this?Eight Medicine Buddhas dharani
Thanks
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Medicine Buddha Dharani

Gya-gar ked-du: Arya Tathagata Vaidurya-prabha Nama Bala Dhana Samadhi Dharani  
Bod ked-du: Phak-pa De-zhin Sheg-pay Ting-nge-dzin-gyi Tob Kyde-pa Bai-dur-yai Od Zhe-ja-wai Zung

I prostrate to all the Buddhas and Bodhisatvas.

Thus I have heard:

Once the Bhagawat was dwelling in the Abode of Medicine together in one company with a great gathering of monks and a great gathering of Bodhisatvas. At that moment, the Bhagawat entered into the samadhi known as "Invoking the Field of the Buddha." Immediately thereupon, all the world-systems in this three-times-three-fold universe shook intensely, [and] an immeasurable rain of divine sandalwood powder and flowers showered down. Seven Tathagatas along with Their retinues came to the realm of this world, sat on lion thrones which arose from the previous roots of virtue of those Tathagatas, and all the Bodhisatvas circumambulated them. Devas, Nagas, Yakshas, Gandharvas, Asuras, Kimnaras, Mahoragas, kings, government officials, brahmiṇs, and householders circumambulated them passionately. Then, through the inspiration of the Buddha, Manjushri Kumarabhuta arose from His seat and, joining His palms [together], spoke the following words:

“May all the Tathagatas consider this, I pray. Please purify the negativity of all sentient beings, dispel their disease, and fulfill all their wishes. [O] Bhagawat, I implore You. Please relate the names of these Tathgatas, and the dharani that is blessed by Their previous aspirations.”

Following that, the Bhagawat gave Manjushri Kumarabhuta a confirmation of excellence, saying:

“Manjushri, excellent! Excellent! Listen well and intensely and keep this in mind. I shall explain it to You.”

“Good!” said Manjushri Kumarabhuta to the Bhagawat. He listened in accordance with the Bhagawat, and the Bhagawat granted this teaching:

“They are as follows:

I prostrate to the Tathagata Suparikirti Tanama Shri Raja.
I prostrate to the Tathagata Svaraghosa Raja Who is abundantly adorned by gems, moons, and lotuses.
I prostrate to the Tathagata Suvarnabhadra Vimala Ratna Prabhasa Raja.
I prostrate to the Tathagata Ashokottama Shri Raja.
I prostrate to the Tathagata Dharmakirti Sagaraghosha Raja.
I prostrate to the Tathagata Abhijna Raja Who demonstrates with the mind of the Dharma’s supreme ocean.
I prostrate to the Tathagata Bhaisajyaguru Vaiḍurya Prabha Raja.
I prostrate to the Tathagata, the glorious Shakyamuni.
I prostrate to the Bhagawati, Mother Prajna Paramita.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Manjushri Kumarabhuta.  
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Avalokiteśvara.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Vajrapaṇi.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Surya Vairochana.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Chandra Vairochana.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Mahamati.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Maitreya.
I prostrate to the Bodhisattva Mahasatva Tranamukta.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Pratibhanakuṭa.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Amoghavikrama.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Sudarshana.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Sarwa Shokatamonirghata Namati.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Suvichintita.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Merukuṭa.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Gadgadasvara.
I prostrate to the Bodhisatva Mahasatva Maha Merukuta.
I prostrate to the Arya Arhats Shariputra and Maha Maudgalyayana.
I prostrate to the great upasakas Brahma and Indra.
I prostrate to the Four Great Kings.
I prostrate to the great Naga upasaka Buddha Bhagavat.
I prostrate to the 12 great Yaksha generals."

Then, those Tathagatas, in a single voice, granted instruction in the words of the dharani thus:

"NA-MO RAT-NA TRA-YA-YA
NA-MO BHA-GA-WA-TE
A-PRA-TI-HA-TA
BE-KAN-ZE RA-DZA-YA

TAD-YA-THA
OM SAR-WA TA-THA-GA-TA HUNG
GHU-ME GHU-ME
I-MI NI-MI-HI MA-TI MA-TI SAP-TA TA-THA-GA-TA
SA-MA-DHA-YA DHI-RI-TE
A-TI MA-TE PA-LE PA-PAM SHO-DA-NI
SAR-WA PA-PAM NA-SHA-YA MA-MA BUD-DHE BUD-DHOT TA-ME
U-ME KU-ME
BUD-DHA KYE-TRA PA-RI SHO-DA-NI DHA-ME-NI DHA-ME
ME-RU ME-RU ME-RU SHI-KHA-RE
SAR-WA A-KA-LA MUR-TA-YA-NI PA-RA-NI
BUD-DHE SHUD-DHE BUD-DHA DHI-TRA-TE-NA RAK-SHEN TU-ME
SAR-WA DE-WA
SA-ME A-SA-ME SA-MA-NO HA-RAN-TU-ME
SAR-WA BUD-DHA BO-DHI-SA-TO
SHA-ME SHA-ME DRA-SHA MAN-TU-ME
SAR-WA I-TA-YA PA-DRA-BA-BE DHA-YA PU-RA-NI PU-RA-NI
SAR-WA A-SHA-YA
BEN-DUR-YA DRA-TU-BHA-SE SAR-WA PA-PAM KYA-YANG KU-RI SO-HA

OM BE-KAN-ZE BE-KAN-ZE MA-HA BE-KANZE BE-KAN-ZA-YA
RA-DZA SA-MUD-GA-TE SO-HA"

When instruction in the names and the dharani had been granted, a great luminosity arose, the great earth also shook, and displays of miracles manifested. The retinue that had thus assembled then made offerings to the Tathagats with incense and perfumes, saying “Excellent!” and circumambulated Them seven times.
Then those seven Tathagatas became invisible and the Bhagawat, the glorious Shakyamuni, granted teaching with the following words:

“If any son of the [noble] Family or daughter of the [noble] Family who retains, upholds, reads, and pays reverence to the names and the dharani of these Tathagatas, cleanse themselves, imbue themselves with the eight ennobling factors [of the Noble Eightfold Path] in a clean place, and, with supreme compassion for all sentient beings, beginning on the full moon during the fourth month of the lunar cycle, arrange statues of those Tathagatas, perform fasting observances on the 8th, 14th, and 15th days of the lunar month, recite this dharani 49, 1008, or 49,000 times, and three times during the day and three times during the evening make offerings of flowers, perfumes, incense, butter lamps, garlands, musical sounds, parasols, victory banners, and flags, then, thereafter, those Tathagatas will [turn Their] Enlightened intent upon them and all Bodhisatvas will think of them. Brahma, Indra, the Four Great Kings, and the great Naga upasakas will also fully protect them, and all the vajra-bearing Yaksha generals will defend them impeccably as well. All their karmic obscurations, such as the five deeds of immediate retribution, will be completely purified. They will not be stricken by any illness. They will live for a long time. They will be totally freed from all untimely death, and, for them, all causes of death, enemies, harm from the wilderness, fighting, arguments, and disputes will be completely pacified. They will not fall under the power of any enemies, and all wishes that they mentally formulate will be comprehensively achieved.”

Then, Manjushri Kumarabhuta spoke the following words to the Bhagawat: “Bhagawat, what is the name of this section of Dharma [and] how should this be retained?”

The Bhagawat granted teaching thus:

“Manjushri, as for that, retain this as the "Dharani of Vaidurya Prabha that Generates the Power of the Tathagata’s Samadhi.’ Also retain it as the 'Pulverizing and Cleansing of All Karmic Obscurations’."

The Bhagawat granted teaching with these words and Manjushri Kumarabhuta and that entire assembly rejoiced. They highly praised the words spoken by the Bhagawat.

[Thus] the dharani known as Baidurya-prabha Which Generates the Power of the Tathagata's Samadhi is completed.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Ok, so in trying to finalize this trip a couple of things have come up which will unfortunately disallow me from making it (unless things change). There are a couple of things here that will need my attention during that period. It is a shame because I would have loved to have met H.E. Tulku Yeshi Rinpoche and received the empowerments from him. I would have also loved to have seen Lama Karma again (and everyone at Tara Mandala), but in the end this may be for the better.

I have been working very hard at schoolwork this past Fall and during the current Summer Semister. I knew when I was making these plans that I was spreading myself a bit too thin. I would be going all over, working on different daily schedules and routines, and not have time to recoup my energies properly. Knowing that, it is probably better that I have to stick around here anyway, at least in that sense. Luckily, this will free up some free time for me to spend some time at Tsegyalgar though which I always love and enjoy.

Perhaps in the future I will be able to make it out there again.

Kevin...
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

P.S. I hope you have a great time Pema. :twothumbsup:

Kevin...

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”