Dudjom Yangsi Dorje Drollö empowerment Toronto

Kunzang Tobgyal

Re: Dudjom Yangsi Dorje Drollö empowerment Toronto

Post by Kunzang Tobgyal »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:22 pm
Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:03 pm
Tlalok wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Could you relay what you learn from Khenpo Sonam Rinpoche? I was also at this empowerment and I would love to put this into practice.
I talked to Rinpoche yesterday and he himself wasn't exactly sure. So I think at this point if we really want to find out we have two options;

1: see if we can contact the translator. She may know.

2: contact the office of Dudjom Yangsi Rinpoche and see if we can find out directly from him.

I still have the feeling that it's the Sogdrub based on a few things Dudjom Yangsi mentioned. But we just don't know.

At this point just say the mantra as much as you can. And visualize etc.
The regular drollo is s full empowerment, Sogdrub is a torwang, and yes contact Chris Munson she is the translator.
Fantastic. How would we contact her?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:14 pm
Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:03 pm

I talked to Rinpoche yesterday and he himself wasn't exactly sure. So I think at this point if we really want to find out we have two options;

1: see if we can contact the translator. She may know.

2: contact the office of Dudjom Yangsi Rinpoche and see if we can find out directly from him.

I still have the feeling that it's the Sogdrub based on a few things Dudjom Yangsi mentioned. But we just don't know.

At this point just say the mantra as much as you can. And visualize etc.
The regular drollo is s full empowerment, Sogdrub is a torwang, and yes contact Chris Munson she is the translator.
Christina Monson, try and contact her through facebook I do not have her email.
Kunzang Tobgyal

Malcolm wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:10 pm
Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:14 pm

Christina Monson, try and contact her through facebook I do not have her email.
Word.

Thanks Malcolm.
Kunzang Tobgyal

RoadToPines wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:52 am
Can you please say what text we were working from for the Dorje Drolo empowerment? The translator went so fast I missed the author and title of the text. Or is there a site where I can read the sadhana?
I talked to my friend Emchi Shakya Dorje the other night and we were able to discern that the empowerment was both the outer and inner Dudjom Dröllo as it included the torma wang. Shakya translated for the previous Dudjom Rinpoche in the seventies. He also confirmed that through the description by Dudjom Yangsi of the rarity of the empowerment that it did indeed include inner.

Cheers,

Drew.
Kunzang Tobgyal

Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pm
RoadToPines wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:52 am
Can you please say what text we were working from for the Dorje Drolo empowerment? The translator went so fast I missed the author and title of the text. Or is there a site where I can read the sadhana?
I talked to my friend Emchi Shakya Dorje the other night and we were able to discern that the empowerment was both the outer and inner Dudjom Dröllo as it included the torma wang. Shakya translated for the previous Dudjom Rinpoche in the seventies. He also confirmed that through the description by Dudjom Yangsi of the rarity of the empowerment that it did indeed include inner.

Cheers,

Drew.

It has been confirmed by the oral translator of the event, Christina Monson, that we did indeed receive both inner and outer empowerment of Dudjom Dröllo.

:twothumbsup:

Drew.
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Emaho!

Would this this be the appropriate sadhana text then, based off the empowerment(s) we recieved?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tlalok wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:41 pm Emaho!

Would this this be the appropriate sadhana text then, based off the empowerment(s) we recieved?
In general, probably. Usually, one does the outer drollo sadhana, for which there is a retreat manual, then one does Pema Sogdrub.

Those who are doing KDL's drollo don't have to do anything different as KDL's drollo and DR's drollo are related.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:48 pm
Tlalok wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:41 pm Emaho!

In general, probably. Usually, one does the outer drollo sadhana, for which there is a retreat manual, then one does Pema Sogdrub.

Those who are doing KDL's drollo don't have to do anything different as KDL's drollo and DR's drollo are related.
:thanks:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”