Dudjom Yangsi Dorje Drollö empowerment Toronto

KristenM

Re: Dudjom Yangsi Dorje Drollö empowerment Toronto

Post by KristenM »

That's great! Today I participated in a Collection of Seven Treasuries Guru Rinpoche Tsok with Rinpoche, and it was wonderful in many ways. I was in the entry way while he came into the temple and gave him a khata and then after it was over, offered him a khata again. There were a lot of people, many from different Tibetan communities there, a really incredible event. :D
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

TharpaChodron wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:51 am That's great! Today I participated in a Collection of Seven Treasuries Guru Rinpoche Tsok with Rinpoche, and it was wonderful in many ways. I was in the entry way while he came into the temple and gave him a khata and then after it was over, offered him a khata again. There were a lot of people, many from different Tibetan communities there, a really incredible event. :D
Very fortunate! I hope he eventually visits the U.K.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Kunzang Tobgyal

Post by Kunzang Tobgyal »

:thumbsup:
TharpaChodron wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:51 am That's great! Today I participated in a Collection of Seven Treasuries Guru Rinpoche Tsok with Rinpoche, and it was wonderful in many ways. I was in the entry way while he came into the temple and gave him a khata and then after it was over, offered him a khata again. There were a lot of people, many from different Tibetan communities there, a really incredible event. :D
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Is there an official schedule for his travels and teachings somewhere?
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Norwegian wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:11 pm Is there an official schedule for his travels and teachings somewhere?

They seem to be trying to keep it on the DL.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

dzogchungpa wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 pm
Norwegian wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:11 pm Is there an official schedule for his travels and teachings somewhere?

Perhaps they have their reasons. But that makes it harder to plan and travel.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

dzogchungpa wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Because everybody in the Six wants to know Yangsi?

Kevin...
RoadToPines

Post by RoadToPines »

Can you please say what text we were working from for the Dorje Drolo empowerment? The translator went so fast I missed the author and title of the text. Or is there a site where I can read the sadhana?
Kunzang Tobgyal

RoadToPines wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:52 am
Can you please say what text we were working from for the Dorje Drolo empowerment? The translator went so fast I missed the author and title of the text. Or is there a site where I can read the sadhana?
He mentioned it was Dudjom Rinpoche's Mind Terma which would make it the Dudjom Traktung Pema Sokdrub Zabmo. You can get it here; http://www.dharmatreasures.com/dorje-dr ... rak-thung/
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:18 am
He mentioned it was Dudjom Rinpoche's Mind Terma which would make it the Dudjom Traktung Pema Sokdrub Zabmo. You can get it here; http://www.dharmatreasures.com/dorje-dr ... rak-thung/
Probably not Pema Sogthig. Probably the outer Drollo sadhana, both are mind treasures.
Kunzang Tobgyal

Malcolm wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:08 am

Probably not Pema Sogthig. Probably the outer Drollo sadhana, both are mind treasures.
Hmmmm... i wonder. He mentioned it was Dudjom Rinpoche's heart practice as well as his own. Are the root mantras the same? That would be one way to determine.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:39 am

Hmmmm... i wonder. He mentioned it was Dudjom Rinpoche's heart practice as well as his own. Are the root mantras the same? That would be one way to determine.

Identical. I have received them both. Pema Sogthig is generally practiced after having done the outer sadhana. The daily practice is called yang gsar bdud 'dul gro lod kyi rgyun khyer snying por dril ba.

Also, Pema Sogthig has its own brief torma empowerment. Sometime both forms are combined together for convenience. All of the activities however, are connected with the more general form.
Kunzang Tobgyal

Malcolm wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Identical. I have received them both. Pema Sogthig is generally practiced after having done the outer sadhana. The daily practice is called yang gsar bdud 'dul gro lod kyi rgyun khyer snying por dril ba.

Also, Pema Sogthig has its own brief torma empowerment. Sometime both forms are combined together for convenience. All of the activities however, are connected with the more general form.
Interesting. I'll try to find out later today from Sonam Rinpoche who requested the empowerment.

On a side note, but somewhat related; what would the Dorje Drollö we received from Kunzang Dechen Lingpa be regarded as? Inner or outer?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:34 pm
On a side note, but somewhat related; what would the Dorje Drollö we received from Kunzang Dechen Lingpa be regarded as? Inner or outer?
Inner. It and the Pema Sogthig are basically the same, however, Pema Sogthig is a bit more elaborate. Mantras are different. Also, there is no separate empowerment for KDL's inner Drollo sadhana.
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Is that daily practice for the outer sadhana or for Pema Sogthig?
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
Kunzang Tobgyal

Malcolm wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:56 pm
Inner. It and the Pema Sogthig are basically the same, however, Pema Sogthig is a bit more elaborate. Mantras are different. Also, there is no separate empowerment for KDL's inner Drollo sadhana.
Great. Thanks Malcolm.
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Interesting. I'll try to find out later today from Sonam Rinpoche who requested the empowerment.

Could you relay what you learn from Khenpo Sonam Rinpoche? I was also at this empowerment and I would love to put this into practice.
Kunzang Tobgyal

Tlalok wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Could you relay what you learn from Khenpo Sonam Rinpoche? I was also at this empowerment and I would love to put this into practice.
I talked to Rinpoche yesterday and he himself wasn't exactly sure. So I think at this point if we really want to find out we have two options;

1: see if we can contact the translator. She may know.

2: contact the office of Dudjom Yangsi Rinpoche and see if we can find out directly from him.

I still have the feeling that it's the Sogdrub based on a few things Dudjom Yangsi mentioned. But we just don't know.

At this point just say the mantra as much as you can. And visualize etc.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:03 pm
Tlalok wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:45 pm

I talked to Rinpoche yesterday and he himself wasn't exactly sure. So I think at this point if we really want to find out we have two options;

1: see if we can contact the translator. She may know.

2: contact the office of Dudjom Yangsi Rinpoche and see if we can find out directly from him.

I still have the feeling that it's the Sogdrub based on a few things Dudjom Yangsi mentioned. But we just don't know.

At this point just say the mantra as much as you can. And visualize etc.
The regular drollo is s full empowerment, Sogdrub is a torwang, and yes contact Chris Munson she is the translator.

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”