Palzang Jangchub

Garchen Rinpoche's Tour of Europe 2018

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Screenshot_2018-07-04-12-35-32.png
Screenshot_2018-07-04-12-35-32.png (213.34 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
Screenshot_2018-07-04-12-35-53.png
Screenshot_2018-07-04-12-35-53.png (208.82 KiB) Viewed 1922 times

Source: https://www.facebook.com/story.php?stor ... 1018342486

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Garchen Rinpoche's Tour of Europe 2018

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

I so hope I can see him in Vienna!! :D But god knows if I will be able.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

I've enquired about London as I live in the UK

Plenty of room at the venue they said so it's on the day registration not pre.

Palzang: What's Fivefold Mahamudra Torma Empowerment? How does it differ to the standard Fivefold Mahamudra?
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Empty Desire wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:15 am Palzang: What's Fivefold Mahamudra Torma Empowerment? How does it differ to the standard Fivefold Mahamudra?
I've only ever seen Fivefold Mahamudra given as a torwang (empowerment conferred based on the torma), so I'm not really able to comment on any more elaborate versions or ones that are conferred some other way.

Drikung Kyabgön Trinley Lhundrup (a.k.a. Chetsang Rinpoche) gave us the FFM in Florida in September 2010, and Kyabje Garchen Rinpoche gave it just recently in June during the Drikung Mönlam in California. Both times it was the torwang. At the latter event it was highlighted as a "ripening empowerment," which is parsed in this thread.

Rest assured that while a torma empowerment is brief, it does actually contain all of the four empowerments necessary to make it a proper wang. Nothing essential is being left out. Rinpoche will most certainly explain the features of the torma, so no need to really go into that here.

And since Fivefold Mahamudra is a style of practice, one doesn't need to hold Chakrasamvara-Vajravarahi yab-yum as the yidam being empowered. As Garchen Guru mentioned when he gave the wang last, you can take the empowerment while visualizing your own yidam deity, whomever that is.

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

I'll tune in and find out!!!

Garchen Rinpoche is very generous in continously making these practices available to us, working tirelessly!!!

Great inspiration for any aspirant!!

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”