November Nyingthig Yabzhi in Santa Fe

MiphamFan

November Nyingthig Yabzhi in Santa Fe

Post by MiphamFan »

I booked my air tickets and have registered for the event. I haven't booked accommodation yet but I am probably going to stay at the Santa Fe international hostel. Anyone going?
Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: November Nyingthig Yabzhi in Santa Fe

Post by Adamantine »

Can you share details? Who is the Lama offering this?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
MiphamFan

Post by MiphamFan »

Given by Tulku Sangngag Rinpoche check out ewam.org.

Sorry on my phone, not very good for quoting long messages.
source_learning

Post by source_learning »

(Periodic lurker checking in.)

I'm planning to attend. I'm a relative beginner, feeling drawn toward Sangngag Rinpoche. If anyone here is his student or has received teachings from him, I'd appreciate the chance to ask some questions.
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Ask away :)
Natan

Post by Natan »

Not his student, but I’d like to be. He’s a Yangti master, also. He is tip top.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

http://www.ewam.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... abzhi2.pdf

Dharma Announcement:
Nyingtig Yabshi Empowerments and Reading Transmission
This message is an invitation for those interested in receiving the following transmissions and teachings. The heart of the
exceedingly short path of the 6.4 million verses of the Dzogchen Tantras, and the quintessence of the seventeen tantras, is the Pith
Instruction Class of Luminosity Great Perfection.
In Tibet, the progenitors of this great chariot were Vimalamitra and Padmasambhava. These teachings were passed by
Vima to Nyang Tingzin Zangpo, beginning a lineage of practitioners who attained rainbow body. Subsequently and in secret these
teachings were passed to Lodro Wangchuk, Drom Rinchenbar, Neten Dangma Lhungyal, Chetsun Senge Wangchuk and others,
establishing the lineage known as Vima Nyingtig. The Master Padmasambhava imparted these teachings to Dakini Yeshe Tsogyal
and other wisdom dakinis. They were then passed successively to Pema Ledretsel, establishing the transmission of the Khandro
Nyingtig.
These two cycles make up the two Mother Heart Essence Teachings (nyingtig ma nyi). The entirety of these two streams of
teachings fell to the omniscient Dharma King Longchen Rabjam who combined them together. His commentary on the Vima
Nyingtig is known as Lama Yangtig, and his single summation of the quintessential meaning of the Khandro Nyingtig is known as
the Khandro Yangtig. These four—Vima Nyingtig, Khandro Nyingtig, Lama Yangtig, and Khandro Yangtig—are known either as
the Four Mother and Child Nyingtig or the Nyingtig Yabshi (Four-fold Nyingtig). Longchenpa’s encapsulation of the profound
key points of pith instructions of both mother and child cycles is known as the Zabmo Yangtig.
The entryway into this class of secret pith instructions consists of the stages of empowerment, which ripen the mind, and
receiving the liberating instructions. The supportive teachings for these texts are the extensive Pandita Cycle, the Seven Treasuries,
both profound and extensive teachings that show a complete and unmistaken path, a great chariot of the definitive meaning.
Additional supportive texts include the Three Cycles of Relaxation, Three Cycles of Natural Liberation, Three Cycles of Dispelling
Darkness, and others.
The confluence of the streams of the short and long lineages of these teachings was held by the supreme refuge, the lord
of the mandala, Dilgo Khyentse Vajradhara. For more than a decade, while serving at the lotus feet of this sublime being, our own
incomparable guide, the magical wisdom manifestation of the glorious Gyalwa Choyang, one of the nine heart sons of the Guru
Rinpoche, the sixth emanation of Drime Lingpa, supreme Gochen Tulku, Namchak Sang-ngag Tenzin Rinpoche, received these
teachings. He received them not just once, but again and again.
He also received the pith instructions of Dzogchen from the great disciple of Khenchen Ngagi Wangpo––Pema Ledretsel–
–Urgyen Chemchok, a supreme emanation who achieved rainbow body. For nine years Tulku Sang-ngag relied upon this master,
taking him as his refuge and lord of the enlightened family. These teachings included the entirety of the whispered lineage of pith
instructions of the Luminosity Secret Essence (osel sangwa nyingtig), which he was taught and contemplated deeply.
When the time came, in accord with prophecy, Tulku Sang-ngag Rinpoche began to spread these teaching in America, the
land of the west. For almost twenty years Tulku Sang-ngag has taught at his main seat, Ewam Montana’s Sang-ngag Ling, The
Garden of 1000 Buddhas; and in Ewam Santa Fe, at Pema Khandro Ling, and Longchen Ritro. He has turned vastly the wheel of
the ripening and liberating teachings of the Pith Instruction Class of Great Perfection. He imparts these teachings to fortunate
students who have already trained their minds well through the preliminary practices (ngondro). We are extremely fortunate and
grateful that he teaches and continues to teach.
In accord with the requests made by a number of western students in America who are striving in spiritual practice, this
spiritual protector graciously accepted to begin offering, in particular, the reading transmissions and empowerments of the above
mentioned lineage of Dzogchen Nyingtig, and the stream of transmission of supporting teachings including the Three Cycles of
Relaxation, Three Cycles of Natural Liberation, the Seven Treasuries of Longchenpa, and the extremely rare lineage of the
summation of key points of the pith instructions of the Nyingtig Yabshi, a commentary on the Mother and Child Nyingtig called
Stainless Guidance (Drime Shelung).
This year the teachings will be imparted in Santa Fe, New Mexico, on November 2-11, 2018.
This message was prepared by the Ewam Pema Khandro Ling Nyingtig Yabshi Organizing Committee on April 14, 2018.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:01 pm In accord with the requests made by a number of western students in America who are striving in spiritual practice, this
spiritual protector graciously accepted to begin offering, in particular, the reading transmissions and empowerments of the above
mentioned lineage of Dzogchen Nyingtig, and the stream of transmission of supporting teachings including the Three Cycles of
Relaxation, Three Cycles of Natural Liberation, the Seven Treasuries of Longchenpa, and the extremely rare lineage of the
summation of key points of the pith instructions of the Nyingtig Yabshi, a commentary on the Mother and Child Nyingtig called
Stainless Guidance (Drime Shelung).
Wow, does anyone know anything more about the bolded part? Does any other teacher also have this lineage?

On another note, this all sounds great, it's the first time in my life I wished I lived in the US. :jumping:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
passel

Post by passel »

You might be able to get a very reasonably priced room at the stupa on Airport Rd
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
source_learning

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:19 pm Ask away :)
Wonderful. I've been feeling my way into Dzogchen for the past year or so after a much longer involvement with Zen. My only formal connection thus far is with Dudjom Yangsi Rinpoche after receiving empowerment during his recent visit to Oregon. In looking for the next step forward, I've been pretty struck by Sangngag Rinpoche's biography and the fact that he seems to be offering Western students quite thorough training.

So it seemed the next step would be to attend something like this, even though I'm not sure exactly what I'm getting myself into! I do gather that these are quite central reading transmissions and empowerments for anyone wishing to practice Dzogchen, and that just receiving them from a particular lama creates a pretty powerful connection. Apart from this, I wonder if you have any advice about how to engage Sangngag Rinpoche and the community as someone seeking a formative relationship.

More specifically, it looked like the Nyingthig Yabzhi might be leading into a multi-year program of practice/study like the Yangti Nagpo, which I'm also interested in. Do you know if that's the case? Does each of these have its own particular ngondro? If one wishes to engage these programs and hasn't gotten to the point of practicing trekcho/togal, would attending dzogchen retreats with other teachers be discouraged?

Thank you for entertaining my naive questions!
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

source_learning, that is fantastic!! TSNR is an incredible lama. I'll do my best to field your questions. His offering of the Nyingthig Yabzhi is a huge deal. I think attending would be the perfect first step, especially if you feel a connection to him. It sounds like he will be offering a lot of retreats based around this, and there is no requirement other than bodhicitta and having the aspiration of being a serious Vajrayana practitioner in this lifetime. So, I can't say what the future will hold but PLEASE attend as this will be a huge foundation in seeking further teachings from him.

Currently he offers the Yangti Nagpo, however it's done in a multi year program starting from ngondro to Three Roots etc....all the way to dark retreat. However this is very custom tailored and doing this cycle does not guarantee that you'll receieve dark retreat instructions.

In order to attend any of his dzogchen retreats he usually requires a person has completed at least half of their ngondro. Of course talking to him and asking permission before one has done this is perfectly fine. Rinpoche is very open minded. He has in the past offered a Yeshe Lama cycle, but once again it's based on year by year. I don't know if he allows anyone to join in the middle of a cycle, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Every year in Santa Fe he offers a trekcho retreat, but I have no idea if that will change based on him giving the Nyingthig Yabzhi. All in all he's an excellent teacher and if you feel the connection then go, go, go!!!

I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

If you want to contact Rinpoche at any point let me know and I'll be more than happy to help you out.
source_learning

Thanks so much, Sherab, for the encouragement! It's quite meaningful, as it feels a bit at this stage like I'm launching into space, just following whatever clues I can find. It's good too to hear that Sangngag Rinpoche is open-minded and, it seems, quite willing to work with people where they are. I'll actually be receiving instruction on the Dudjom Tersar ngondro this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to start that practice even if it's a somewhat different lineage.

I'd already booked a flight and hostel stay, so I'm committed at this point! I'll hope to encounter you in Santa Fe. Are you suggesting that I could contact Sangngag Rinpoche beforehand or at some point during the teachings. Either way, my gratitude for that offer.

:anjali:
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

I would assume he would be booked during the retreat obviously. However, I can put you in touch with his translator and perhaps you can do a long distance interview beforehand. Very happy you are coming to this auspicious event!!
Kris

Post by Kris »

Very cool. I'm hoping to attend these teachings.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Charlie123

Post by Charlie123 »

My understanding is that Tulku Sang Ngaag does not speak English; can anyone speak to the qualities of his translator? Does he consistently use the same translator? Is this translator a disciple of his?
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Translator is fine and has been his student for quite some years now. He has been consistently been using him since 2015 or so.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

This booklet would be helpful for understanding the empowerments.It is restricted
but if you explained you will be taking the empwowerments.They should be ok with
the purchase before getting the empowerments.
You might also want to get permission from Sangngag Rinpoche first.
http://vimalatreasures.org/nyingthig-ya ... poche.aspx

Restricted Books

We periodically carry books and texts that are restricted and therefore not available for sale on our website. If you would like to purchase one or more of these titles, please call us at 530-623-3706 or toll free 1-877-479-6129 and we would be happy to assist you.

List of current titles available:

Flight of the Garuda
Nyingthig Yabshi Empowerments
Wondrous Dance of Illusion
schubertian

Post by schubertian »

DCers - PM me and I will send you my contact info - maybe we can sync up for pozole somewhere
Natan

Post by Natan »

It’s Wang, lung and tri.

So this is what you want, complete cycle.
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”