HH Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje: teachings and empowermemt, London, U.K - May 20-21, 2017

Vasana

HH Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje: teachings and empowermemt, London, U.K - May 20-21, 2017

Post by Vasana »

Excellent news :D

'We are honoured and delighted to announce the first visit of His Holiness The 17th Gyalwang Karmapa, Ogyen Trinley Dorje to the UK in May 2017.'

Schedule:

Saturday, 20th May 2017 – 10:30-12:00
Public teaching:
8 Verses of Training the Mind

Saturday, 20th May 2017 – 2:30-4:00
Public teaching:

Sunday, 21st May 2017 – 10:30-12:00
Public teaching:

Sunday, 21st May 2017 – 2:30-4:30
Chenrezig Empowerment

Public teachings will be webcast live live at http://www.kagyuoffice.org/webcast/

http://karmapavisituk.com/home/
Last edited by Ayu on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Re: HH Karmapa teachings and empowermemt, London, U.K - May 20-21, 2017

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

However if you scroll down you'll see:
Please note: The visit of His Holiness the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa will be finalised and confirmed only after obtaining all the necessary clearances from the relevant authorities.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

It should be fine.

Regardless;

May all obstructing forces and factors for the Karmapa's teaching and activities dissolve, bureaucratic or otherwise. May his compassionate activity effortlessly spread in all directions.
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Schrödinger’s Yidam

It should be fine.
I hope so. :woohoo:
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Looks like it is a go. I'm getting all kinds of notices from U.K. groups.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

And I quote:
I'm not really interested in the politics involved there but it might be worth putting 'Orgyen* Dorje' in the title, since not all followers of the Kagyu school view him as the Karmapa.
*My addition.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Good point.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Actually I don't give a sh*t, but Vasana was responsible for the above quote and I have a bit of a (personal) issue with double standards... ;)

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Grigoris wrote:Actually I don't give a sh*t, but Vasana was responsible for the above quote and I have a bit of a (personal) issue with double standards... ;)
The difference here is that 'Ogyen Trinley Dorje' is there in the first post. Point taken nonetheless, I'll change the title once I remember how too.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Vasana wrote:
Grigoris wrote:Actually I don't give a sh*t, but Vasana was responsible for the above quote and I have a bit of a (personal) issue with double standards... ;)
The difference here is that 'Ogyen Trinley Dorje' is there in the first post. Point taken nonetheless, I'll change the title once I remember how too.
Don't stress yourself dude, it really is not all that important, just be sure in the future to practice what you preach! :smile:

Vasana

Re: HH Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje: teachings and empowermemt, London, U.K - May 20-21, 2017

Post by Vasana »

:cheers:
Knotty Veneer

Re: HH Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje: teachings and empowermemt, London, U.K - May 20-21, 2017

Post by Knotty Veneer »

Anyone any more news on this? Is London the only stop on this visit?

No visit to Samye Ling or elsewhere?
This is not the wrong life.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Updated Schedule - http://kagyuoffice.org/schedule/

Public Teachings & Empowerment on Saturday 20th of May – Sunday 21st of May
On Saturday, His Holiness will teach on the 8 Verses of Training the Mind across two session in the morning and one session in the evening. On Sunday, His Holiness will continue his teachings on the 8 Verses of Training the Mind in the morning, and then in the evening he will bestow the Chenrezig Empowerment.

Visit to the Tibetan Peace Garden – Monday 22nd of May
On Monday morning, His Holiness will visit the Tibetan Peace Garden in London.

Visit to Parliament – Tuesday 23rd of May
On Tuesday evening, His Holiness will give an Address to British Parliamentarians as chaired by Tim Loughton, M.P. and hosted by Tibet Society.

Seminars on the 24th of May
On Wednesday morning, His Holiness will give a seminar on animal welfare at the Cambridge Veterinary School, followed by an evening seminar on the environment at Cambridge University.

BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir Visit on the 25th of May
On Thursday morning, His Holiness will visit BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir in London

Welcome Ceremony and Empowerment on Saturday the 27th of May
On Saturday morning, His Holiness with attend a Welcome Ceremony at the BCC UK, Aldershot, and then in the evening he will grant a Long Life Empowerment at the Lakeside County Club in Surrey.
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

Thanks Vasana for the info. I also imagine there will be some private engagements in addition to this.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Knotty Veneer wrote:Thanks Vasana for the info. I also imagine there will be some private engagements in addition to this.
Probably/ hopefully. The Sanghas of Samye will likely be kept more in the loop.
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

Interesting mix of events:
  • Teachings and empowerments
  • Event for British Tibetans
  • Interfaith visit
  • Animal rights/environmental events
  • Pro Tibet event
Happy to see him reaching outside his own constituency. Although this visit is not on a par with his last U.S. visit, the fact that he is addressing parliamentarians is interesting. Another sign that he is taking on some of the work started by HHDL.
florin

Post by florin »

Vasana wrote:
Knotty Veneer wrote:Thanks Vasana for the info. I also imagine there will be some private engagements in addition to this.
Probably/ hopefully. The Sanghas of Samye will likely be kept more in the loop.
I asked around in Samye but nobody knows much.
There are just rumours for now.
I dont see any kind of preparations happening .
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

florin wrote: I asked around in Samye but nobody knows much.
There are just rumours for now.
I dont see any kind of preparations happening .
Thanks for the info Florin. Well Samye Ling is at the opposite end of the country from London so there may not be time. That's a pity. I would be very surprised though if he didn't visit the wonderful London Samye Dzong at some point.

That's said the visit is 6 weeks away almost. Who knows what will change.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Tickets for the London teachings of His Holiness the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje will go on sale this SATURDAY 22nd APRIL at 9AM GMT
via eventbrite:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/his-holi ... 2649241761

Please note: This URL will not be live until the tickets go on sale.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Venue change and more tickets available this coming Tuesday for those who didn't manage to get tickets first time round.

Return to “Europe”