Kunsangar South Retreat with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Malcolm

Re: Kunsangar South Retreat with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:
Namdrol wrote: One should pay attention to what one is doing, that is all presence means. When you can join presence with instant presence, than your presence becomes a truly liberative practice.

Dzogchen practice means you are a) trying to understand Dzogchen practice b) you understand Dzogchen practice and are moving ahead.
With a., that is listening to the webcasts and practicing the Lojongs, Rushens, Semdzins, and GuruYoga of white A? Do you know whether or not we have the permission to practice those?

With b., well, I will see when the time is right. :-)

Regarding a) merely by attending a retreat, you have permission. Get the Precious Vase. Study it. Apply it.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Thanks. Email sent to local Dzogchen group for info.
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Thank you for all the info so far. I have a few more questions, and am grateful for your clarifications!

Could someone briefly explain what are the Lojongs, Rushens, Semdzins?

Also - the Precious Vase - what is that? I'm assuming that attendance to the webcast gives permission for that as well.

I'm looking for ChNN's practice material on Dorje Gotrab - I couldn't find it at the web store.

One more: obviously, ChNN can't give wang over webcast. But does he give ever give wangs in regular retreats? Or is wang in dzogchen considered redundant, if one is already receiving pointing out + wang?

:thanks:
Pero

Post by Pero »

dakini_boi wrote:Thank you for all the info so far. I have a few more questions, and am grateful for your clarifications!

Could someone briefly explain what are the Lojongs, Rushens, Semdzins?
Lojongs - mind trainings, in DC they're from Chetsun Nyingthig.
Rushens and semdzins are for discovering your real nature and a bunch of useful things, maybe some else will say more.
Also - the Precious Vase - what is that?
The book for the base of Santi Maha Sangha program, which Rinpoche recommends everyone to study whether you follow the program or not. It's a kind of commentary on Padmasambhava's Garland Of Views. Contains teachings on sutra, tantra and dzogchen. If you had only one book to take this would probably be it.
One more: obviously, ChNN can't give wang over webcast.
He gives donwangs (don dbang - meaning empowerment) during webcasts sometimes.
But does he give ever give wangs in regular retreats?

Yes.
Or is wang in dzogchen considered redundant, if one is already receiving pointing out + wang?
I wouldn't say redundant, just it's not the most important thing. The Precious Vase recommends quite a few wangs, and Namdrol used to quote some tantras that say that if you didn't "get it" during direct introduction you should receive the four empowerments in the usual way.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Does anyone remember which chod practice Rinpoche gave the transmission for at the end of the retreat? Was it Machig Labdron's or Jigme Lingpa's?
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:Does anyone remember which chod practice Rinpoche gave the transmission for at the end of the retreat? Was it Machig Labdron's or Jigme Lingpa's?
Rinpoche usually gives an adapted version of the Longchen Nyingthig Chod of Jigme Lingpa that includes a guru yoga of Machig.
The book is available through DC.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa

Return to “Europe”