Some media on my fiction

Share your stories and poems with us here.
Sentient Light

Some media on my fiction

Post by Sentient Light » Fri May 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Earlier this week, Brooklyn Magazine ran this interview with me: http://www.bkmag.com/2017/05/24/an-tran ... er-tongue/

And I got to write this short essay on my "research" process (which I think you'll find amusing) for Necessary Fiction today: http://necessaryfiction.com/blog/Resear ... therTongue

:hi:
:buddha1: Nam mô A di đà Phật :buddha1:
:bow: Nam mô Quan Thế Âm Bồ tát :bow:
:bow: Nam mô Đại Thế Chi Bồ Tát :bow:

:buddha1: Nam mô Bổn sư Thích ca mâu ni Phật :buddha1:
:bow: Nam mô Di lặc Bồ tát :bow:
:bow: Nam mô Địa tạng vương Bồ tát :bow:

Ogyen

Re: Some media on my fiction

Post by Ogyen » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:18 am

Wow! Impressive stuff!

And you're a Parkour Coach??

What would you suggest to start with for a 10 yr old who is insanely obsessed with learning how to parkour???

No one does this near where we are...
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy

Kunga Lhadzom

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:06 am

I loved this :
I don’t ever think of animals without thinking about their level of conscious or how they communicate. Animals are sentient beings. They have thoughts and feelings. If we can understand them, we can commune with another kind of conscious being.
And i never heard of this before..have only seen skateboarders do something similar :

TRUELY AMAZING ! THEY ARE LIKE NINJA'S !!

:namaste:
The Universe flowing through my veins...stars falling from my eyes......rocks rolling in my head...lemon juice dripping down my chin....

https://drunklotus.blog

Ogyen

Post by Ogyen » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:37 am

You have to have immense agility and good strength to do this. My kids love this. I am going gray really fast....

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy

Kunga Lhadzom

Post by Kunga Lhadzom » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:48 am

Ogyen wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:37 am
You have to have immense agility and good strength to do this. My kids love this. I am going gray really fast....
I can't imagine :crying:

Tell them when they get old they will need hip replacements, knee replacements, shoulder replacements......my soon to be son in law was a skateboarder...he lived with pain for many many years after...and finally just had a hip replacement...
The Universe flowing through my veins...stars falling from my eyes......rocks rolling in my head...lemon juice dripping down my chin....

https://drunklotus.blog

Ogyen

Post by Ogyen » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:04 am

People think they're immortal till 30... I can tell them a lot of things. They think they know. Especially as we get closer to teenagerhood...

Please pray for me. :rolling:

Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:13 am

Ogyen wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:18 am
What would you suggest to start with for a 10 yr old who is insanely obsessed with learning how to parkour???

Gymnastics, as a structured approach to all the parkour skills with (hopefully) some attention to safety?

:coffee:
Kim

Ogyen

Post by Ogyen » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Kim O'Hara wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:13 am
Ogyen wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:18 am

Gymnastics, as a structured approach to all the parkour skills with (hopefully) some attention to safety?

:coffee:
Kim
:applause:

Ok, I did that right... They are both in gymnastics.