Standing down from the admin team

Messages from the admin team about how the forum operates. Please read them!
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Standing down from the admin team

Post by Kim O'Hara »

I have been thinking for months about stepping down from the admin team, either permanently or merely for a long holiday. The idea was put on hold when PorkChop was going to be extra busy in real life and I stepped up to the Admin role to help out, but now I can go back to Plan A and step down. :smile:

I'm not going away entirely. I will still participate as an ordinary member (but please don't PM me with moderation requests). And I may volunteer to return to the team in a few months - I genuinely don't know what I will feel about that idea when the time comes. For now, it's enough to relax in the knowledge that I have no obligation to sign in regularly or do anything in particular when I do visit.

I was a Mod for a bit over a year and an Admin for a couple of months. I can vouch for the supportiveness of fellow team members (and thank them for it) and say that the job is more rewarding and less stressful than it's usually painted. It was a good learning experience and a way to contribute something to the community in return for all I have gotten out of it.

I encourage you all to consider doing the same. I'm sure Admin_PC would be delighted to be deluged with PM's from mods-in-waiting.

:namaste:
Kim
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Standing down from the admin team

Post by Grigoris »

Kim O'Hara wrote:I have been thinking for months about stepping down from the admin team, either permanently or merely for a long holiday. The idea was put on hold when PorkChop was going to be extra busy in real life and I stepped up to the Admin role to help out, but now I can go back to Plan A and step down. :smile:

I'm not going away entirely. I will still participate as an ordinary member (but please don't PM me with moderation requests). And I may volunteer to return to the team in a few months - I genuinely don't know what I will feel about that idea when the time comes. For now, it's enough to relax in the knowledge that I have no obligation to sign in regularly or do anything in particular when I do visit.

I was a Mod for a bit over a year and an Admin for a couple of months. I can vouch for the supportiveness of fellow team members (and thank them for it) and say that the job is more rewarding and less stressful than it's usually painted. It was a good learning experience and a way to contribute something to the community in return for all I have gotten out of it.

I encourage you all to consider doing the same. I'm sure Admin_PC would be delighted to be deluged with PM's from mods-in-waiting.

Kim
"mods-in-waiting"... Is that like suckers in waiting? Bwaaaaaahahahahaha... :twisted:

:smile:

Thanks for your great work Kim!
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Sherab Dorje wrote: "mods-in-waiting"... Is that like suckers in waiting? Bwaaaaaahahahahaha... :twisted:
No, this is only the general tainted view of some suckers. :tongue:

Thank you, Kim, for your faithful, tirelessly positive work. :smile: :namaste:
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

I will miss your input Kim. I was dubious about your knowledge of the Mahayana and Vajrayana, but you proved me wrong. I like your fairness and your lack of micro -management.
Go well and may you know Great Peace.

“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Thanks for watching out for the place, for all your work!

:thanks:
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Sorry to see you go man, I know it wasn't easy but ya stuck it out a while, with real consistency and a great heart. Deeply appreciated.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Thanks, everyone.

Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Thanks again for all your help!
Kim O'Hara wrote:I'm sure Admin_PC would be delighted to be deluged with PM's from mods-in-waiting.
Yes, yes I would...
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Wow! About a year as Mod, a month as Admin, and then (bonus!!) a day as Founding Member! :tongue:
At this rate I should expect to be a deva for about a minute and a half.
:twothumbsup:

Not really. Someone pushed the wrong button in the system software, that's all. And now I'm back to where I belong.

Kim
Ordinary member.
steveb1

Post by steveb1 »

Kim, a belated thanks for your conscientious work, and wishes for a productive and pleasant future.

Return to “Announcements”