Urgent Problem with Lama and Empowerment

As Tantra often involves vows and samaya related to secret practice, this sub-forum has been created where Vajrayana practitioners can pose questions, and any of our members or staff can reply confidentially by PM.
Tenma

Urgent Problem with Lama and Empowerment

Post by Tenma »

Okay, although I don't have a root guru, I have been rather concerned on what just happened. Just recently, I took part of an empowerment by a certain lama. However, I did not know he was in fact a Shugden practitioner and am very concerned in this matter. Although the empowerment was only to White Manjushri, I realized this was a huge mistake in who to go for. Does this make him my root guru because of this first empowerment? I am very worried on the consequences as I know that Shugden isn't quite good according to the Dalai Lama. How do I fix this? Especially the Shugden part worries me even though he is considered a worldly emanation of Shugden by some many Gelugpa lamas. Can someone please help me out in this?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Urgent Problem with Lama and Empowerment

Post by Ayu »

Moderation note: Since this is the subforum "Buddhist Tantra Talk", please answer via PM to Tenma.

Return to “Buddhist Tantra Talk”