After Vajrayogini empowerment: what commitments usually to do?

As Tantra often involves vows and samaya related to secret practice, this sub-forum has been created where Vajrayana practitioners can pose questions, and any of our members or staff can reply confidentially by PM.
Dharma Fred

After Vajrayogini empowerment: what commitments usually to do?

Post by Dharma Fred »

Dear all at Dharmawheel,

I have the possibility of recieving a Vajrayogini empowerment through a teacher in Drikung Kagyu lineage in Spring 2019.

I´ve asked what commitments the teacher usually give, and got the repy that "The root vows are to keep bodhicitta, and abandon the ten non virtues." I´ve asked what tantric commitments Rinpoche usually give, but havent got a reply.
Of course, I understand that these commitments may be secret to me until I´ve recieved the actual empowerment.

The reason I ask, is to be a responible, sincere and dedicated Dharma student, completely dedicated to the commitments.
I´ve recieved Kalachakra empowerment (H.H Dalai Lama, Bodh Gya, 2017)) with its commitments.

So, if I decide to recieve Vajrayogini empowerment, I want to be sure to have the possibility to complete all commitments, and not to struggle because of the lack of time because of my other Dharma practices.

Some teachers in the Drikung Lineage, I believe, ask of the student to do at least a three month retreat and 400´000 mantra recitations.

At the moment, I hesitate a bit, because I want to know that I have the right amount of time needed to do all Vajrayogini commitments.

Is there someone here you can give me some advice?

Thank so much you in advance.

All the best!
Dharma Fred

Return to “Buddhist Tantra Talk”