PANCA KE FESTIVAL

Just for fun
Mantrik
Former staff member

PANCA KE FESTIVAL

Post by Mantrik »

This ancient devotional rite, the worship of the female deity Panca Ke is central to our spiritual cosmology.
The egg represents fertility arising towards Spring whilst the lemon and sugar provide a balance of sensuality. Vegans may substitute banana in place of the egg, thereby recognising the sacred masculine in fertility.
The 'PancaKes', cooked with Fire, must first be offered to the spirits of the Air by tossing them upwards, then the youngest children in the family and then the mother. She traditionally communes with Earth by dropping her pancake on the floor, where household pets are permitted to perform internalisation techniques.
Finally the father performs his sacred duty to consume at least 7 pancakes or multiples thereof, forming the internal sacred 'base' which is only completed through the addition of firkins of ale prepresenting Water offerings.
The whole family then each place a pancake on a metal disc and run in disparate directions on uneven ground whilst ensuring Panca Ke is honoured by frequent prostrations. This, my friends, is 'Panca Ke Day'. Please respectfully honour this important festival.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
MatthewAngby

Re: PANCA KE FESTIVAL

Post by MatthewAngby »

Mantrik wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 am This ancient devotional rite, the worship of the female deity Panca Ke is central to our spiritual cosmology.
The egg represents fertility arising towards Spring whilst the lemon and sugar provide a balance of sensuality. Vegans may substitute banana in place of the egg, thereby recognising the sacred masculine in fertility.
The 'PancaKes', cooked with Fire, must first be offered to the spirits of the Air by tossing them upwards, then the youngest children in the family and then the mother. She traditionally communes with Earth by dropping her pancake on the floor, where household pets are permitted to perform internalisation techniques.
Finally the father performs his sacred duty to consume at least 7 pancakes or multiples thereof, forming the internal sacred 'base' which is only completed through the addition of firkins of ale prepresenting Water offerings.
The whole family then each place a pancake on a metal disc and run in disparate directions on uneven ground whilst ensuring Panca Ke is honoured by frequent prostrations. This, my friends, is 'Panca Ke Day'. Please respectfully honour this important festival.
Nice. Ur really one of the most occult persons ahahah.
The force is my ally...and a powerful ally it is - Yoda
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Just a clarification: Do you cook the young children and mother on the fire before tossing them upwards, or do you toss them raw?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Nothing to add Mantrik, except two small points.
1) When the first pancake emerges looking weird and lopsided, before feeding it to the household pet/s one should look nonchalant and say loudly 'pour le chien!'

2) Members of Parliament when running over uneven ground on College Green with their pancake in its metal receptacle will cheat when off camera. They are not supposed to, but they will anyway.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Grigoris wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:04 pm Just a clarification: Do you cook the young children and mother on the fire before tossing them upwards, or do you toss them raw?
I've always been a raw tosser, myself. ;)

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Simon E. wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm Nothing to add Mantrik, except two small points.
1) When the first pancake emerges looking weird and lopsided, before feeding it to the household pet/s one should look nonchalant and say loudly 'pour le chien!'

2) Members of Parliament when running over uneven ground on College Green with their pancake in its metal receptacle will cheat when off camera. They are not supposed to, but they will anyway.
Maximilian the Pancake Hound is awaiting his first. His head is already decidedly lop-sided and weird so will match the first to be tossed his way. :)

Parliament is replete with cheating tossers - one can only hope they learn defenestration before the summer. They would need to take great panes to successfully cheat at that, but could well frame each other.

You have now filled my head with visions of the Parliamentary pancake race with a naked Boris going head to head with a loping Mogg, only for these shrivelled members to be tripped up by Corbyn's massive tackle. That's an image I would like removing from my mind as soon as possible, please. :)

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

How about an image of Penny Mordaunt and Esther McVey, nip and tuck breasting the tape?

Any use as a palate cleanser?

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Simon E. wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:21 pm How about an image of Penny Mordaunt and Esther McVey, nip and tuck breasting the tape?

Any use as a palate cleanser?

Thank you. I am suitably purged. :)

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

My pleasure... :smile:

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Mantrik wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 pm Maximilian the Pancake Hound
Maximilian is a good name for a dog.

We should be discussing dogs.

There should be a dedicated dog thread.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

You take the lead..

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Simon E. wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 pm You take the lead..
lol :)

'MU' unleashed!

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Mantrik wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 am This ancient devotional rite, the worship of the female deity Panca Ke is central to our spiritual cosmology.
There are some other considerations. Some of the ritual vessels, for example, can be family heirlooms. My grandmother used a specific coffee mug with a chipped in the enamel to measure ingredients. How much milk? Fill to the chip.

And different family lineages use different mantra, mudra, and prescribed substances to consecrate and adorn the offerings. In our tradition, the key thing is butter and blackberry jam. My wife's people use peanut butter. These distinctions must be observed with care to prevent energetic disturbances and interpersonal afflictions.

Some innovations in the ritual can be welcomed. I recommend a fiber supplement because the spirit world does not approve of constipated wizards.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

DGA wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:15 am
There are some other considerations. Some of the ritual vessels, for example, can be family heirlooms. My grandmother used a specific coffee mug with a chipped in the enamel to measure ingredients. How much milk? Fill to the chip.

And different family lineages use different mantra, mudra, and prescribed substances to consecrate and adorn the offerings. In our tradition, the key thing is butter and blackberry jam. My wife's people use peanut butter. These distinctions must be observed with care to prevent energetic disturbances and interpersonal afflictions.

Some innovations in the ritual can be welcomed. I recommend a fiber supplement because the spirit world does not approve of constipated wizards.
Yes, Panca Ke would be angered by a lack of respect and cause great winds to appear!

Here, for example, we can eat calorie-free by substituting golden syrup or maple syrup in place of the demon 'Sugar', but this only works if you wear the special ceremonial hat and roll the pancake into a cylinder rendering the syrup invisible, formless, and the whole pancake empty of inherent egg instants.

Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

DGA wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:15 am

Peanut (splutter) Butter!?
Excuse me while I take a mo to process this startling innovation...

DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Simon E. wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 am Peanut (splutter) Butter!?
Excuse me while I take a mo to process this startling innovation...
Yeah, it's a holdover from the Depression. almost 90 years later the great-grandkids are still in that habit.

here's another: my mom's family uses Karo syrup and margarine rather than maple syrup and butter, and some of them don't like the taste of anything else on pancakes or waffles (which are cooked in Crisco).

habit is a real limitation.

Return to “Games & Humour”