Good guy Greg & Scumbag Steve

Just for fun
Wicked Yeshe

Good guy Greg & Scumbag Steve

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

:jumping:

Feel free to move to humor section if deemed irrelevant.
Yavana

Re: Good guy Greg & Scumbag Steve

Post by Yavana »

Wisdom is happening in real-time here, folks. Good companions on the path are here.
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

In all seriousness, is this really your take on Pure Land? If so, what about that teaching makes it seem that there might be some ironic truth to this?
Wicked Yeshe

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

Sure. When i was a kid my grandpa told me to go get a four leaf clover. It would be good to me he said. So i kept looking the entire summer just scanning the lawn but to no avail. Then one day i went to the dentist and he used to have this box full of toys which we would get as a consolidation or something because it can be painful to have teeth drilled etc. I chose a kind of toy "gun" that would shoot a peopeller that looked like this: Image

And i remember i got out of the car and shot it across the lawn. When i went to get the propeller it had a four leaf clover sticking out of the hole in the middle. That defies probability to some. But let me tell you what is rarer than finding a four leaf clover like that. To be here as a human. Intelligent. Wondering. Reflecting.

This rarity principle does work on higher levels i think and that is why we can find something like pure land buddhism. We will go to the pure land for sure. If not then we would just create our own pure lands and have our own eighteenth vow. Sooner or later something good comes. Now is your time. This is our little wonder in this big mysterious strife.

Much love. :sage:
Wicked Yeshe

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

Sorry about the tasteless miracle story by the way. Just wanted to make an example using ideas about probability.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Wicked Yeshe wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:28 am Sorry about the tasteless miracle story by the way. Just wanted to make an example using ideas about probability.
Heh, it is okay. :D I understand you excitement. Also the guy received phowa meditation, so if he remembers it well enough and practiced it a bit he will get away with it. Too many ifs but eh whatever the point is I get your excitement. :tongue:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Thought this thread might be about the Mods................. :rolling:

It isn't just Pure Land...... what about all those 'Liberation through.....' promises?

Doesn't encountering Dzogchen also carry some sort of fortunate rebirth guarantee as well?
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Seems to me this thread is off topic, because the OP is not funny. :tongue:

Anyhow, I think it's possible to reach pure land like this. But: will Greg and Steve enjoy it without booze and marihuana?
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

haha . I forgot about Greg and Steve . I appreciated this. :rolling:
"When you play in dirt, you get dirty" - Jimmy McNulty
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Ayu wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:59 am But: will Greg and Steve enjoy it without booze and marihuana?
I think it goes something like this:

If you're not ready, you have to spend time wrapped in a lotus calyx. Probably stocked with cases of liquor and smorgasborg of substances to tickle yourself until you get so sick of it you just want it to stop.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Wicked Yeshe

Post by Wicked Yeshe »

Mantrik wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 amDoesn't encountering Dzogchen also carry some sort of fortunate rebirth guarantee as well?
Yes. I remember relaxing in some nice company and i mentioned dzogchen. The next time we met everyone was like "for some reason this dzogchen term comes up in my mind it was as if i couldn't let it go".

Return to “Games & Humour”