Schizophrenia and depression

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
Gyaltsen Tashi

Schizophrenia and depression

Post by Gyaltsen Tashi »

Dear all,

What causes these mental illnesses - schizophrenia and depression? How are they treated in Tibetan medicine?

Regards,
Gyaltsen Tashi
Malcolm

Re: Schizophrenia and depression

Post by Malcolm »

Gyaltsen Tashi wrote:Dear all,

What causes these mental illnesses - schizophrenia and depression? How are they treated in Tibetan medicine?

Regards,
Gyaltsen Tashi

There are many possible causes of depression. These will be treated according to their causes which are imbalances in the dośas (humors) caused by diet, behavior, season or spirits or a combination of these.

What western medicine terms "schizophrenia" will generally be considered a spirit induced disorder. This will be treated generally with massage, herbs, diet and lifestyle, depending on the type of spirit diagnosed.

N
Gyaltsen Tashi

Post by Gyaltsen Tashi »

I attended the "Six Elements-Cleansing Healing Grand Puja" and the "Grand Medicine Buddha Healing Blessing Intiation" by the Healing Lama HE Kangyur Rinpoche. I missed attending the "Medicine Buddha Ten Thousand Offerings Grand Healing Puja" with distribution of specially blessed Dharma Pills. It is the second time I attended Kangyur Rinpoche's pujas. There won't be another opportunity as this is his last time in Singapore.
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Will members of Dharma Wheel please note the Tibetan Medicine Forum is not a general discussion forum.

It was created so members could ask questions of and receive answers from qualified Tibetan Medicine practitioners. The only person currently recognised by Dharma Wheel as being qualified in the field of Tibetan Medicine is Malcolm.

Members wishing to discuss medical practices or receive general answers and suggestions are free to post in other forums, for example Lounge, Help Required, Personal Experience and Engaged Buddhism, but please keep the Tibetan Medicine forum free of all general discussion, posts of this nature will be removed without further notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Admin
Post removed.
Son

Post by Son »

Malcolm wrote:
Gyaltsen Tashi wrote:Dear all,

Regards,
Gyaltsen Tashi

There are many possible causes of depression. These will be treated according to their causes which are imbalances in the dośas (humors) caused by diet, behavior, season or spirits or a combination of these.

What western medicine terms "schizophrenia" will generally be considered a spirit induced disorder. This will be treated generally with massage, herbs, diet and lifestyle, depending on the type of spirit diagnosed.

N
What sort of spirits could be diagnosed from this, and how? I ask because of my personal issues with schizophrenia.

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”