Rheumatoid Arthritis

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
LunaRoja

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Post by LunaRoja »

How does Tibetan Medicine treat flares of Rheumatoid arthritis especially in the joints in the fingers and hands?
Malcolm

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Post by Malcolm »

LunaRoja wrote:How does Tibetan Medicine treat flares of Rheumatoid arthritis especially in the joints in the fingers and hands?

Medicinal baths, herbs, bloodletting/moxa (depending on cause), diet.
LunaRoja

Post by LunaRoja »

Malcolm wrote:
LunaRoja wrote:How does Tibetan Medicine treat flares of Rheumatoid arthritis especially in the joints in the fingers and hands?

Thank you Malcolm. What are the recommendations for diet?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

LunaRoja wrote:
Malcolm wrote:

Thank you Malcolm. What are the recommendations for diet?
Does the arthritis hurt more when it is cold or warm?

N
LunaRoja

Post by LunaRoja »

Malcolm wrote: Thank you Malcolm. What are the recommendations for diet?

N[/quote]

Definitely cold and humidity is very difficult. I don't eat dairy since that seems to exacerbate it so I was wondering if there is anything else I can either remove or add to my diet.

Thank you kindly for your help. A Tibetan Dr comes to town here every couple of years but she is usually booked up before she arrives. I have also tried accupinture which has been very helpful.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

LunaRoja wrote:
Malcolm wrote: Thank you Malcolm. What are the recommendations for diet?

N
Definitely cold and humidity is very difficult. I don't eat dairy since that seems to exacerbate it so I was wondering if there is anything else I can either remove or add to my diet.

Thank you kindly for your help. A Tibetan Dr comes to town here every couple of years but she is usually booked up before she arrives. I have also tried accupinture which has been very helpful.[/quote]

I would recommend you do an ayurvedic cleanse and rekindle your digestive fire. You need to stay warm, eat only warm food, such as lamb, buffalo, with spices like pepper, cardamon, ginger, etc.:

diet for rheumatoid arthritis: Ayurvedic recommended food
Posted on January 13, 2011 by Dr J V Hebbar MD(Ayu)
In rheumatoid arthritis Ayurvedic treatment, diet plays an important role in improving the joint health and to keep control on swelling and pain. Since Ayurveda believes that the root cause of rheumatoid arthritis lies in impaired digestion and metabolism, the rheumatoid arthritis diet also targeted to improve the same.
Rheumatoid arthritis Ayurvedic diet:
Ayurveda advises to include following food items to be included in rheumatoid arthritis.

Garlic: Recent study states that the micro nutrients of garlic helps in preventing arthritis changes of bones.

Buttermilk: Curds is a food item to avoid, but buttermilk is good for Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Two garlic pearls with 2 ounces of buttermilk is an excellent daily drink and home remedy for rheumatoid arthritis.

Ginger, long pepper and pepper – These three help to correct digestion and metabolism, hence recommended for daily usage in rheumatoid arthritis patients.

Barley, horse gram: Both these are very easy to adopt in diet.

Bitter gourd (Bitter melon): It improves digestion, very low in calorie and good source of Vitamin B1, 2 & 3. It is a good detoxifying herb and is traditionally indicated in diet for rheumatoid arthritis.

Hot water: Hot water drinking is beneficial to improve digestion. Regular drinking of hot water helps to bring lightness to the joints and improves flexibility in Rheumatoid arthritis.

Food to avoid: While it is important to know what food is good, it is also important to know food to avoid in rheumatoid arthritis. It makes the complete rheumatoid arthritis diet plan.

http://easyayurveda.com/2011/01/13/diet ... nded-food/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LunaRoja

Post by LunaRoja »

Thank you very much! I will give this a try. I have long noticed that diet effects my RA. I noticed many Tibetans drink hot water and I seem to remember an interview with HHDL where he recommended this.
:namaste: :anjali:

LR

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”