Balancing the Three Humors

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
Arnoud

Balancing the Three Humors

Post by Arnoud »

So, after yesterday's talk about the practice of the night and balancing the three humors, I have some questions I hope you can answer.

Personally, I have a hard time remembering my dreams. It seems I sleep pretty deeply and, like Rinpoche said, don't feel like doing a lot of physical stuff during the day. All symptoms of heavy ....... I couldn't make out what he said. Thing is, I don't sleep during the day nor do I fall asleep during meditation.
So, what could I do to lower the level of ....... which makes for the heavy sleep? What diet is best? I am a vegetarian and would prefer to stay one.

Many thanks, Clarence
Sönam

Re: Balancing the Three Humors

Post by Sönam »

As I'm interested in that point too, I noticed that Rinpcohé says no nap during the day, do not sleep in a room too dark, too closed. He spoke of "bak-en" or something like that (I have already asked the question in another thread) ... hes says it's contrary to lung, for which bimala and agar is good, but did'nt said what was good for that.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:So, after yesterday's talk about the practice of the night and balancing the three humors, I have some questions I hope you can answer.

Personally, I have a hard time remembering my dreams. It seems I sleep pretty deeply and, like Rinpoche said, don't feel like doing a lot of physical stuff during the day. All symptoms of heavy ....... I couldn't make out what he said. Thing is, I don't sleep during the day nor do I fall asleep during meditation.
So, what could I do to lower the level of ....... which makes for the heavy sleep? What diet is best? I am a vegetarian and would prefer to stay one.

Many thanks, Clarence

You have an imbalance of bad kan, phlegm. More exercise, lighter diet, etc. Go to an ayruveda practitioner for a kapha balancing diet or consult an ayurvedic cooking manual for the same.

Do yantra, a lot.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Malcolm wrote: You have an imbalance of bad kan, phlegm. More exercise, lighter diet, etc. Go to an ayruveda practitioner for a kapha balancing diet or consult an ayurvedic cooking manual for the same.

Do yantra, a lot.
Is an imbalance of phlegm also expressed through physical phlegm i.e. mucus from the nose and phlegm in the mouth?
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Malcolm wrote:
You have an imbalance of bad kan, phlegm. More exercise, lighter diet, etc. Go to an ayruveda practitioner for a kapha balancing diet or consult an ayurvedic cooking manual for the same.

Do yantra, a lot.
Thank you very much. Will try to find a good one here. I have both Yantra DVDs since la few days so will start doing them.
Totoro

Post by Totoro »

Clarence wrote: Thank you very much. Will try to find a good one here. I have both Yantra DVDs since la few days so will start doing them.
'

Can you practice Yantra yoga from DVDs or does one have to learn them in person first for some sort of lineage transmission??
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sherlock wrote:
Malcolm wrote: You have an imbalance of bad kan, phlegm. More exercise, lighter diet, etc. Go to an ayruveda practitioner for a kapha balancing diet or consult an ayurvedic cooking manual for the same.

Do yantra, a lot.
Is an imbalance of phlegm also expressed through physical phlegm i.e. mucus from the nose and phlegm in the mouth?
Can be

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”