Buddhas and Bodhisattvas

Recommend, review and discuss dharma books here.
sattva

Buddhas and Bodhisattvas

Post by sattva »

First of all, this is not a review. Actually, I am looking for books that discuss various Buddhas and perhaps, also, Bodhisattvas. I am looking for a book that does an overview of various Buddhas, their vows, mantras, and benefits. I haven't been able to find anything like that, which I have found surprising, but maybe some of you avid readers might have come across something. Thanks for your help.
Aemilius

Re: Buddhas and Bodhisattvas

Post by Aemilius »

There is for example the Indian Buddhist Iconography, which is based on an original indian tantric text of collected buddhist sadhanas, the Garland of Ritual Practices or Sadhana Mala. https://archive.org/details/indianbuddh ... bp/page/n3
There are many other books on Buddhist iconography, that have something of that kind of information.
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)

Return to “Book Reviews”