Dzogchen and Buddhism

username

Re: Dzogchen and Buddhism

Post by username »

Cone,
Quite the contrary. I go even further than you. Buddhism is just a necessary shell for many which reappears in different forms by different Buddhas. It is just a finger pointing and even it's target moon is illusory. 1) We should respect the condition of many non buddhists but also buddhists. Not just one side. 2) My position is not what you think. I go even further, even Dzogchen/Essence Mahamudra are just shells too. Shells true, yet the best things and concepts and medtitations and path or anything fathomable in existence anywhere, specially in 13 lucky world systems in our large sector and not reappearing in all eras in future either as in the past.

My mantra here has been ChNNR LIKE ALL RINPOCHES WELCOMES ALL REGARDLESS INTO HIS TEACHINGS. Then what happens is different for each person. Sure you can get DI realization first time but if you want to progress you NEED MINMUM ONGOING SHORT ATI GURU YOGA and for maintanance and progression to advanced levels even more practice. Truth be told, my position is much more radical than what yours is. Like I said, the best path after recieving DI or mahamudra pointing out and starting practices like all nirmanakayas of past, is actually our 24/7 daily lives moment to moment as well as certain noble but not necessarily "Buddhist" disciplines. I agree with you and even go further so quite the contrary. But everything in it's place and lets respect all sides' conditions not just one side at the expense of others. Unlike you guys I gave up my all my paraphernalia and most do not know what I believe or practice.

All the best.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Silent Bob

Post by Silent Bob »

Fa Dao wrote:WOW!! this has been going on now for quite some time. Some people are really getting fired up. Not my place to take a side or say who is right or wrong. But at some point dont we all have to ask ourselves "is all of this bickering really helping anyone?" (and it truly has turned into bickering) Maybe its time to bury the hatchet and just move on to more productive discussions? Just a thought.....
Well, Mr. Smarty-Pants, you are wrong once again! This is not bickering, not at all, though it may appear that way to the unlettered. It will be recognized in years to come as the First Internet Council of the Wise, where the future direction of Buddhadharma was decided and the tulku system abolished.
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Silent Bob wrote:
Fa Dao wrote:WOW!! this has been going on now for quite some time. Some people are really getting fired up. Not my place to take a side or say who is right or wrong. But at some point dont we all have to ask ourselves "is all of this bickering really helping anyone?" (and it truly has turned into bickering) Maybe its time to bury the hatchet and just move on to more productive discussions? Just a thought.....
Well, Mr. Smarty-Pants, you are wrong once again! This is not bickering, not at all, though it may appear that way to the unlettered. It will be recognized in years to come as the First Internet Council of the Wise, where the future direction of Buddhadharma was decided and the tulku system abolished.
Oh hell bob, now you've gone and spoilt everthang. Iffen we cain't bicker, what else is we gonna do in our dilbert cubes???
greentreee

Post by greentreee »

Silent Bob wrote:
well, sir wise ass, in the name of all things bob, if your last sentense were true, we would be in the fnord.
scratching thick hair'd head,
"if air can be conditioned,
like where's the shampoo?"

"greentreee"
krodha

Post by krodha »

Please, let's keep the bickering constructive, because otherwise the moderators are gonna shut this shop down and all of this is far too entertaining for that to happen! :tongue:
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

asunthatneversets wrote:Please, let's keep the bickering constructive, because otherwise the moderators are gonna shut this shop down....

This topic is about to be locked for 3 incalculable eons.

:D
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

username wrote: Unlike you guys I gave up my all my paraphernalia and most do not know what I believe or practice.
Okay, then.

But I gave up my paraphernalia years ago...after my mom found my bong stashed away in the attic. :rolleye:
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
greentreee

Post by greentreee »

Mr. G wrote:
asunthatneversets wrote:Please, let's keep the bickering constructive, because otherwise the moderators are gonna shut this shop down....

This topic is about to be locked for 3 incalculable eons.

:D

not if i can help it! you can't hate puppy pictures!!

it's a dog eat dog world no?

"greentreee"
Silent Bob

Post by Silent Bob »

greentreee wrote:
Silent Bob wrote:
well, sir wise ass, in the name of all things bob, if your last sentense were true, we would be in the fnord.
You must not know who you're talking to...
Iasos-Celestial-Soul-Portrait-final72.jpg
Iasos-Celestial-Soul-Portrait-final72.jpg (350.72 KiB) Viewed 6347 times
Furthermore, you should never use the word fnord in a public forum!
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"
greentreee

Post by greentreee »

Silent Bob wrote:
You must not know who you're talking to... Furthermore, you should never use the word fnord in a public forum!
i never professed to know you. i am neither in discord nor not in discord with fnord, i honestly cannot play an accordian or the discordian. all i see are pixels and i try to read between them.

as i recall once reading from a teacher of Buddhism, "Going too far can be worse than not going far enough."

take it easy!

"greentreee"
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

yes yes...I think perhaps you two missed your calling...you should give up being practitioners and take your show on the road...The Malcolm and Bob Comedy Hour!! Just think of it, you two could be the next Laurel and Hardy, the next Abbot and Costello, the next Penn and Teller!!!
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

greentreee wrote: as i recall once reading from a teacher of Buddhism, "Going too far can be worse than not going far enough."

take it easy!
this is a good thought, it's like ... "Not going far enough can be worse than going too far" :twothumbsup:

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
muni

Post by muni »

BOLLYWOOD. There the movie producer is seen.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Fa Dao wrote:yes yes...I think perhaps you two missed your calling...you should give up being practitioners and take your show on the road...The Malcolm and Bob Comedy Hour!! Just think of it, you two could be the next Laurel and Hardy, the next Abbot and Costello, the next Penn and Teller!!!
Why on earth would that mean having "to give up their practice ? " :smile:
The Hahayana is no more a barrier than any other yana per se.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Topic locked and under review.

Regards,

Return to “Dzogchen”