Please welcome Henry to the team!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
dave

Re: Please welcome Henry to the team!

Post by dave »

Hi Henry

Welcome!

Dave
plwk

Post by plwk »

Hmmm...anyone knows why this thread/topic is pinned? :popcorn:
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

It doesn't need to be, thanks PLWK. It must have been an oversight.

Best,
Laura
henry

Post by henry »

dave wrote:Hi Henry

Welcome!

Dave
hi Lama-la!
Yeshe Melong - The News and Events for Singapore Tibetan Buddhism
This Facebook page is created to share information on Tibetan Buddhist events in Singapore. If you stay in Singapore and would like to be informed of Tibetan Buddhist events in Singapore, please like this page. We will share informations on Tibetan Buddhist events from a pool of Buddhist centres in Singapore.
davcuts

Post by davcuts »

While this website is not e-Sangha, I do hope the topic of Dogyal will be off limits. It would also be great if the NKT was not allowed to use their propaganda on here. It seems this site is starting to take off, and it would be sad to see this group taken over by those who go out of their way to bash HH the Dalai Lama. Henry you did a great job keeing the NKT out of e-Sangha. I hope you will be able to keep them from posting here as well.

Take care,
David
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

davcuts wrote:While this website is not e-Sangha, I do hope the topic of Dogyal will be off limits. It would also be great if the NKT was not allowed to use their propaganda on here. It seems this site is starting to take off, and it would be sad to see this group taken over by those who go out of their way to bash HH the Dalai Lama. Henry you did a great job keeing the NKT out of e-Sangha. I hope you will be able to keep them from posting here as well.

Take care,
David
no fear, no doubt !

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings David,
davcuts wrote:While this website is not e-Sangha, I do hope the topic of Dogyal will be off limits. It would also be great if the NKT was not allowed to use their propaganda on here. It seems this site is starting to take off, and it would be sad to see this group taken over by those who go out of their way to bash HH the Dalai Lama. Henry you did a great job keeing the NKT out of e-Sangha. I hope you will be able to keep them from posting here as well.
Have a look at the Terms Of Service and you'll see what's been done in this space.

Any suggestions on how that policy might be improved can be taken to the Suggestion Box.

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Hi all, here are the ToS at Dharma Wheel. Please take time to review them and ask questions if need be. As Retro said we also welcome suggestions.

I'll be honest, that we spent a long time thinking these through and they evolved over time based on the needs of the forum. Thanks all.

Terms of Service
MJH

Post by MJH »

A little late to the party, but.....

Welcome Henry!
Glad to have you here!!! :twothumbsup:
OM GATE GATE PARAGATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA
KTL Buddhist videos
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Hi all,

I'm moving the posts regarding the forum suggestion over to the suggestion box.
Thanks for the input :)

Best,
Laura
plwk

Post by plwk »

I'd like to welcome Henry to the Dharma Wheel staff team as the newest Global Moderator.
So ND-la, looks like he has stepped down as an ordinary member now? :popcorn:
MJH

Post by MJH »

plwk wrote:So ND-la, looks like he has stepped down as an ordinary member now? :popcorn:
I hope not. It would be our loss........
OM GATE GATE PARAGATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA
KTL Buddhist videos
henry

Post by henry »

i have resigned as i feel that due to my personal problems and commitment, i am not fit for the job...

but i am still around... dropping by here once a while...

:namaste:
Yeshe Melong - The News and Events for Singapore Tibetan Buddhism
This Facebook page is created to share information on Tibetan Buddhist events in Singapore. If you stay in Singapore and would like to be informed of Tibetan Buddhist events in Singapore, please like this page. We will share informations on Tibetan Buddhist events from a pool of Buddhist centres in Singapore.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Henry,
henry wrote:but i am still around... dropping by here once a while...
I am pleased to hear this... wishing you well from Down Under.

Metta,
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
dave

Post by dave »

Henry,
what is most important that you are here.
Thanks for being.

Dave
spiritnoname

Post by spiritnoname »

I was personally attacked and treated very badly by Henry in E-sangha, specifically because of him I made effort to discourage people from using E-sangha. I will be leaving this forum if he stays. Don't forget, he and the other bad moderators was the reason this forum was made.

I don't dislike Henry personally, but he's a bad moderator and should be kept out of moderation. I can find you better moderators who have had as much experience in moderating a Dharma forum.
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings spiritnoname,

If you read a few posts back, you'll see that Henry has already resigned from the role.

Metta,
spiritnoname

Post by spiritnoname »

Ah! You're right.

That's good, because I happen to know a few mods from E-sangha and he was a major contributor to the problems with unfair policies. Also, Sakya does not mean Rime, I'm Sakya, I'm also Gelukpa, which is funny because they don't exactly see eye to eye and that showed extensively in E-sangha with no Gelukpa mods and discrimination towards Geluk. I really hope this forum doesn't develop the same problems E-sangha did, even considering bringing Henry here as a mod,.. Are you trying to kill this forum?
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

spiritnoname wrote:Ah! You're right.

That's good, because I happen to know a few mods from E-sangha and he was a major contributor to the problems with unfair policies. Also, Sakya does not mean Rime, I'm Sakya, I'm also Gelukpa, which is funny because they don't exactly see eye to eye and that showed extensively in E-sangha with no Gelukpa mods and discrimination towards Geluk. I really hope this forum doesn't develop the same problems E-sangha did, even considering bringing Henry here as a mod,.. Are you trying to kill this forum?
I did not see any bias against Geluks on e-sangha besides the minor squabbles on the finer points of emptiness. Perhpas you can enthrall us with exactly what you are referring to.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
spiritnoname

Post by spiritnoname »

Henry, Namdrol, and some other junkies, and everyone else who didn't say anything about it. Pinned a closed thread about a Gelukpa teacher, H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche with the ending reading that he supported the NKT and basically saying he was a Dorje Shugden supporter if not practitioner.

This kind of thing caused problems all the way in Malaysia where the ladrang and students were told how destructive these people were and to avoid them.

If you let Henry back here you could expect the same kind of attacks and accusations on Gelukpa teachers again.

I was eventually banned while trying to get the admin to see reason and remove that thread.
:ban: For trying to get a accusation with no basis, that the admin had pinned at the top of the Gelukpa section, removed for friends of mine who happen to have H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche, who is completely supported by Ganden Shartse Monastery, as their teacher.

I hope this thread isn't locked because of the NKT mention, the thread really isn't about NKT, it's about baseless accusations and dictatorship that E-sangha was well known and was destroyed for.

Return to “Introductions”