Rime movement and Dzogchen in present day Tibet

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Sherlock

Rime movement and Dzogchen in present day Tibet

Post by Sherlock »

Does anyone know how widespread the Rime movement is in Tibet nowadays? I find it very interesting that Fr. Tiso actually found a Gelugpa monk and his friend who were practising Dzogchen and realised the Rainbow Body. Is this something limited to Eastern Tibet or has it spread across the whole land?

Are villages of lay practitioners like Adzomgar and Khamdogar still active or is group practice largely confined to the monastic community and a few lay practitioners now?
ngodrup

Re: Rime movement and Dzogchen in present day Tibet

Post by ngodrup »

Adzom Gar is very much functioning.

Adzom Rinpoche, Adzom Paylo Rinpoche, Ani Sherab Rinpoche (who I think is a Khenmo now)
and Tulku Gyurme are all very active. The same can be said of the Repkong Ngapka community
in Tibet (Amdo).

Although Repkong is a Nyingma ngakpa community, it sits in the middle of a Gelug stronghold
its founder was a student of the Panchen Lama. And Shabkar Rangdrol was one of its famous sons.
Yudron

Re: Rime movement and Dzogchen in present day Tibet

Post by Yudron »

ngodrup wrote:Adzom Gar is very much functioning.

Adzom Rinpoche, Adzom Paylo Rinpoche, Ani Sherab Rinpoche (who I think is a Khenmo now)
and Tulku Gyurme are all very active. The same can be said of the Repkong Ngapka community
in Tibet (Amdo).

Although Repkong is a Nyingma ngakpa community, it sits in the middle of a Gelug stronghold
its founder was a student of the Panchen Lama. And Shabkar Rangdrol was one of its famous sons.
Just ran across this old post.

After the tulku of Adzom Drukpa at Adzom Cho Gar (Pema Thrinley) passed away in 2001, a new tulku was recognized. He is still a child.

Here is a website for Adzom Cho Gar:http://www.sarwajanas.com/eng/Lineage/a ... stery.html

As a young man A.dzom P. founded his own large monastery at some distance... he does not live at Adzom Cho Gar. Ani Sherab Rinpoche is now known as Jetsun Khacho Rinpoche, she did not receive the Khenpo/mo title.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”