Prayer for healing my tinnitus

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Nosta

Prayer for healing my tinnitus

Post by Nosta »

Since 1-2 weeks ago my tinnitus (permanent ear ringing) is louder and very distressing. I am not in peace. Its very, very disturbing feeling ALL the time that stupid ringing.

Can someone pray for Black Tara, Medicine Buddha, or make any other healing mantra for me?

Thanks a lot.
Dechen Norbu

Re: Prayer for healing my tinnitus

Post by Dechen Norbu »

:anjali:

You should also see a doctor to seek some advice. Sometimes they can help, although not always. I'm sure you know only in very rare cases tinnitus are sign of serious problems, so you shouldn't worry. You should also try to relax and keep a positive attitude about them. The worse you react, the worse they get. Try putting some music if they are more noticeable in silence.
Some people actually search psychologists to help them cope with the situation when tinnitus are chronic.

Have you been resting? It seems sleeping less than one needs is one of the causes to make it worse. Maybe trying to sleep really well for a month or something can help. This can be really helpful because people tend to sleep much less than they need and don't even notice it. So it's not just having two or three resting nights, but sleeping well for some weeks. It can't hurt trying and I heard it can solve or provide relief for some cases.

Why don't you ask some questions in the Tibetan Medicine forum? Maybe they have some kind of therapy or medicine.

I hope you find relief for your problem soon.
Nosta

Post by Nosta »

Hi! Thanks for your advices.

In fact i've seen a doctor last year when, for some reason, the problem got worst (only for 3 weeks more or less). Coincidence or not, someone in the forum prayed for me, using Black Tara (is that the name i think) mantra, and i came back to normal again. By "normal" i mean having tinnitus in low sound, only affecting me a little at night (even so, it wouldnt bother me that much).

At 2 weeks ago, with no reason, the problem got worst. My doctor once said that there is no visible origin for my problem (i've made exams already). She said too that having throat issues, flu or the like may get tinnitus worst for some time. Maybe this time is just that, because my throat is a little affected since some days.

Today i got better too. Lets see how things run. I will also follow your advice and ask on the Medicine Buddha subforum.

:namaste:
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

May Nosta quickly be healed of tinnitus and any hearing illness. May his hearing never be a problem in the future and may he help all beings with their illnesses.

THADYATA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE BEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

As a tinnitus sufferer following neck trauma I would wish Nosta success at coming to terms with tinnitus. Of making friends with it. Of discovering that is the way to become less preoccupied with it.
I hope that Nosta will realise that tinnitus is a great teacher.
It is a powerful teacher of both focus and patience.

:namaste:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”