back to the start!

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
White Lotus

back to the start!

Post by White Lotus »

:namaste: if i look at my buddhist practice, in some ways it seems as though i have come back to the start. if there is a big difference, perhaps it is to the ego. i am able to see Mind, but i think the funny thing is that there is nothing remarkable in all this. i just find it funny that i have come back to the start. Mind is no longer empty, emptiness is no longer form. all these special experiences, and now in a way its the same old me minus quite so much ego! happier, but still with problems and difficulties in life. some interesting abilities picked up on route, but nothing untowardly remarkable.

i wonder where other people at Dharma wheel find themselves.

best wishes, White Lotus.

a life lived on the way
nothing much to say.
its all pretty normal, even
what some may consider
remarkable. its just, i m
back where i started from
with what appears to be
ordinary mind, same old world.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
White Lotus

Re: back to the start!

Post by White Lotus »

:namaste: Daoxin, the future patriarch of zen when he first met the Patriarch, Great Master Jianzhi said to him "I beg the priest in his great compassion to give me the teaching of liberation."

the patriarch replied, "who is binding you?" Daoxin replied, "No one is binding me". the patriarch answered "then why are you seeking liberation?" with these words Daoxin was greatly awakened.

so that was the beginning, now the end...

On the fourth day of the ninth month in 651, he (Daoxin) suddenly said to his followers, "all things are completely liberated. you must each keep this in mind and pass it on to posterity." when he finished speaking, he sat peacefully in meditation and expired.

with best wishes from White Lotus.

what is there to attain when you
already have it? just as you are.
right here right now... 'this' is it!

talk of beginning and end, enlightenment
and delusion. there is no difference
between any of these things. in
the fundamental Mind there is no difference.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
termite

Post by termite »

I had cereal with pecans for breakfast this morning.

:sage:
muni

Post by muni »

"who is binding you?" "No one is binding me".
:woohoo:
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

:namaste:
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

According to Great Ancestor Master Keizan, the Soto patriarch, the 12th Patriarch, Ashvaghosa asked his master Punyayashas (the 11th patriarch of Zen)...

"I wish to know the Buddha; what is Buddha?"

Punyayashas replied...

"You wish to know the Buddha, but he who does not know is the Buddha."

Ashvaghosa was the Buddha, and this was without understanding... was not his final state no different from his original state. there was nothing to realize, just 'this'.

realizing 'this', was there any difference?

best wishes, White Lotus.

knowing truth, he saw it was his own nose!
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

White Lotus wrote:i wonder where other people at Dharma wheel find themselves.
I find myself in desperate need of a nap.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”