Most Sacred Pilgrimage Site in Dzogchen?

SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

Malcolm

Re: Most Sacred Pilgrimage Site in Dzogchen?

Post by Malcolm »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:Most Sacred Pilgrimage Site in Dzogchen?

Bodhgaya.
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:Most Sacred Pilgrimage Site in Dzogchen?

Tashi delek,

Mount Kailash is one of them, at least for Bonpos, but also for Hindhus. Bonpos go round Mt. Kailash counter clockwise.
Mt. Kailash.jpg
Mt. Kailash.jpg (13.42 KiB) Viewed 6915 times

Mutsog Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

Malcolm wrote:Bodhgaya.
Any specific connections to Dzogchen?
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

Since most contemporary Dzogchen practitioners base their practice on a terma text of Guru Rinpoche, all the many sacred places of Guru Rinpoche would be appropriate pilgrimage places. In addition to that, Longchenpa and Jigme Lingpa wrote or discovered what are today the most important explanatory texts of the tradition, so the places they walked and practiced would be very significant.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

What about the Swat Valley, where Garab Dorje and Padmasambhava were both allegedly born?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:
Buddha
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Yudron wrote:Since most contemporary Dzogchen practitioners base their practice on a terma text of Guru Rinpoche, all the many sacred places of Guru Rinpoche would be appropriate pilgrimage places. In addition to that, Longchenpa and Jigme Lingpa wrote or discovered what are today the most important explanatory texts of the tradition, so the places they walked and practiced would be very significant.
Nevertheless the most sacred site for Dzogchen pratitioners is Vajrasana at Bodhgaya.
heart

Post by heart »

Malcolm wrote:
SSJ3Gogeta wrote:
Buddha
Yes indeed, http://www.himalayanart.org/search/set.cfm?setID=2694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
SSJ3Gogeta

Post by SSJ3Gogeta »

Ok, what about most sacred Dzogchen site outside India?

:stirthepot:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:Ok, what about most sacred Dzogchen site outside India?

IMO, Samye and Samye Chimphu in Tibet, as username alluded to before, as well as the many caves where Guru Rinpoche etc., did practice in Central Tibet.
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

The Zhai lhakhang (Zhwa'i lha khang) where the 17 Tantras were rediscovered...
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

SSJ3Gogeta wrote:Ok, what about most sacred Dzogchen site outside India?

Wherever a Dzogchen Master resides, has resided, built a Stupa, placed a Terma, given a Teaching, etc. :smile:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

mutsuk wrote:The Zhai lhakhang (Zhwa'i lha khang) where the 17 Tantras were rediscovered...
Does that still exist?
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

Malcolm wrote:
mutsuk wrote:The Zhai lhakhang (Zhwa'i lha khang) where the 17 Tantras were rediscovered...
Does that still exist?
I hope so! I went there twice with JL a very long time ago, last time the famous rdo-ring was not there anymore though... It may have been displaced, stolen, sold...
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

mutsuk wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Does that still exist?
I hope so! I went there twice with JL a very long time ago, last time the famous rdo-ring was not there anymore though... It may have been displaced, stolen, sold...
A.dz.om RInpoche's monks and nuns rebuilt it in the 90's.
kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Tashi delek,

Mutsuk, would it be possible to tell me more about the lineage of these Tantras?
Am very unknown about those 17 tantras must i say. :)

Thanks in advance

Mutsuk Marro
KY
Mutsok wrote:
The Zhai lhakhang (Zhwa'i lha khang) where the 17 Tantras were rediscovered...
The best meditation is no meditation
krodha

Post by krodha »

Rewalsar Lake and it's surrounding caves
username

Post by username »

I am going by memory here but as I recall there are 4 main power places in India (cardinal directions) & 4 in Tibet which include Samye & Potala mountain. Padmasambhava then yesheTsogyal blessed Tibet as a main power axis for the planet next to India as Cherezig wished in his chosen homeplace. There are also 108 main power places in Tibet (this includes Himalayan Beyuls) & similar number in India a few of which are shared & currently the majority mainly revered by Hindus only. Some outside in Himalayan Beyuls (Bhutan, Sikkim, etc.) have not been opened up. Most of the Tibetan ones were opened up. Also outside Indo-Tibet: Oddiyana (Swat valley in Pakistan-where most high tantras were revealed to Indian mahasiddhas) & Shambhala (Afghanistan) are important as is Sri Lanka. ChNN has been saying for many years he had dreams in which he was told Kyrgyzstan was the birthplace of Anu yoga. Until recently there was no evidence of Buddhist institutions there but in the last few years suddenly lots of Buddhist monasteries and even large statues have been uncovered there. There will be not only power places (already in all continents) but in future other large power axis areas will blessed in the long future too in the 1000 Buddhas' periods to come yet.

By far the most important power place is Bodhgaya. That is where the 1004 Buddhas are enlightened. On enlightenment they will see if & when Dzogchen will be transmitted in their cycle by themselves or others as well as Vajrayana which will occur for more of their cycles. They will also see what is the teaching they have to start the whole thing with. Shakyamuni's Buddhism started with the 4 noble truths, other 1000 ones' will be different to suit their period. Bodhgaya is not only the most important spot to this planet but some other world systems will benefit from it's fruits as they already do. It is utterly inconceivable. Chokyi Lodro Khyentse & consort there:
http://www.keithdowman.net/books/ppct.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Wutai Shan in China might also be a good place; Vimalamitra is still there.

Return to “Dzogchen”