HUGE tumors in rats fed GMO's

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Virgo

HUGE tumors in rats fed GMO's

Post by Virgo »

See the article and pictures here at naturalnews.com:

http://www.naturalnews.com/037249_GMO_s ... amage.html

Alex's comments over at Infowars:

phpBB [video]

Kevin
PadmaVonSamba

Re: HUGE tumors in rats fed GMO's

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Well that should solve the rat problem
:jumping:
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Thanks Virgo.

This same topic is currently the headline here too:

http://www.organicconsumers.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not quite sure how big of a fan I am overall of Alex Jones' work yet, although he's spot-on regarding most if not all of what he said in the above video (didn't quite watch the whole thing) and at least he sticks up for positive things such as Organics and non-GMO's:

Prison Planet on Organics

Info Wars on Organics

Occupy Corporatism on Organics
greentara

Post by greentara »

GMO and its related problems have been simmering for years and it seems safe to say there has been a coverup. Look what happened to Arpad when he tried to bring it to the attention of the public. 'In 1995 Árpád Pusztai began research on genetically modified potatoes containing the GNA lectin gene from the snowdrop plant.[2] His group fed rats on raw and cooked genetically modified potatoes, using Desiree Red potatoes as controls. In 1998 Árpád Pusztai said in an interview on a World in Action programme that his group had observed damage to the intestines and immune systems of rats fed the genetically modified potatoes. He also said "If I had the choice I would certainly not eat it", and that "I find it's very unfair to use our fellow citizens as guinea pigs".[4]

This resulted in a media frenzy, and Rowett Institute's director Philip James, after initially supporting Pusztai, suspended him and banned both Pusztai and Susan Bardocz from speaking publicly. He also used misconduct procedures to seize the raw data. Shortly afterwards Arpad was fired!'
It seems nothing much has changed since 1995, so many scientists are on the payroll and toe the line to keep their jobs. Most will not dare to be whistleblowers!
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

greentara wrote:...so many scientists are on the payroll and toe the line to keep their jobs. Most will not dare to be whistleblowers!
:good:

catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

If one hundreth of the things these guys say are true, then there is cause for a long pause and some careful thought. The possibility has arisen, not merely in the minds of a few cranks, but in the lab under pretty controlled conditions, that we could be looking at a problem that would dwarf the disasters we had with DDT and thalidomide.

OK that sounds pretty alarmist, but really I'm a bit alarmed. I think we REALLY need some long term human studies before we commit our entire food supply to the GMO path. If we get this one wrong we are all going to be in very, very deep doo-doo.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Ah, Monsanto. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

:guns:
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
Huseng
Former staff member

Post by Huseng »

You should see the work of Vandana Shiva who has been taking on Monsanto in India where their genetically modified seeds, pesticides and crooked business schemes drive farmers into suicide.

http://www.vandanashiva.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
greentara

Post by greentara »

Huseng, thanks for the info. This woman is wonderful. Yes seed freedom is food freedom. Certainly freedom from these alarmingly, huge corporations who do not wish us well.
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:Ah, Monsanto. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

:guns:
Lol if there is worse karma than working for that company, I don't know what it is. Beating up your guru maybe?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Huseng wrote:You should see the work of Vandana Shiva who has been taking on Monsanto in India where their genetically modified seeds, pesticides and crooked business schemes drive farmers into suicide.

http://www.vandanashiva.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes I'm familiar she is wonderful everyone should check out your link.
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
greentara

Post by greentara »

"We... settled out of court. The way the system appeared to work to me was... Lady Justice had the scales, and you piled cash on the scales. And the one that piled the most cash on the scales and hired the most experts and the ones most willing to tell the biggest lies... that was the winner. ... that seems to be how our justice system functions now. It’s terrible. It’s terrible. How can a farmer defend himself against a multinational corporation like Monsanto?" --Troy Roush, Vice President of a farmers group"
Finnjames

Post by Finnjames »

As all pet rat owners know, it's a sad fact about laboratory and pet rat strains that their genetic makeup predisposes the females to tumor growth. (The rats in the Natural News link photos all seem to be female, and their tumors are more or less average size, not unusually large.) Added to that, like any other animal rats need a properly varied diet, exercise, and an interesting environment to live in. Fed way too much GM corn and not enough of other foods while being kept in lab trays, it's hardly surprising that the animals had a shorter than average lifespan and developed tumors. All in all, it's highly probable that the research on which the alarmist findings reported in the article are based was highly flawed. It no doubt reveals more about humans' willingness to mistreat animals in the name of science than about the effects of eating GM food.
greentara

Post by greentara »

Finnjames, You make some good points and animal cruelty is going on as we speak. Nevertheless I wish to point out Monsantos standover tactics: From the Monsanto Technology Stewardship Agreement contract: ◦ "Grower’s exclusive limited remedy: the exclusive remedy of the grower and the limit of the liability of Monsanto or any seller for any and all losses, injury or damages resulting from the use or handling of seed (including claims based in contract, negligence, product liability, strict liability, tort, or otherwise) shall be the price paid by the grower for the quantity of the seed involved or, at the election of Monsanto or the seed seller, the replacement of the seed. In no event shall Monsanto or any seller be liable for any incidental, consequential, special, or punitive damages." Hence Monsanto’s Technology Stewardship Agreement allegedly places responsibility for any and all losses, injury, or damages resulting from use of Monsanto seeds onto the grower. The contract contains no expiration date and whilst terminable by the grower, does not allegedly obviate the grower from these responsibilities, "Grower’s responsibilities and the other terms herein shall survive...", even if neighbouring farms are contaminated decades later, or if contaminated crops cannot be recalled from the environment (most cannot). This allegedly included liability even if the grow sells his farm: GROWER AGREES: To accept and continue the obligations of this Monsanto Technology/Stewardship Agreement on any new land purchased or leased by Grower that has Seed planted on it by a previous owner or possessor of the land; and to notify in writing purchasers or lessees of land owned by Grower that has Seed planted on it that the Monsanto Technology is subject to this Monsanto Technology/Stewardship Agreement and they must have or obtain their own Monsanto Technology/Stewardship Agreement."

Return to “Lounge”