dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
narraboth

dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Post by narraboth »

anyone going? I am wondering how can i find accomodation for this event if i am not going to join the whole course? anyone has information?
heart

Re: dam ngak dzo in dzongsar this year

Post by heart »

narraboth wrote:anyone going? I am wondering how can i find accomodation for this event if i am not going to join the whole course? anyone has information?
I wish, I would really like to get those Dzogchen empowerment's of Semde, Longde and Mngakde from him also :smile:
http://www.siddharthasintent.org/2012/0 ... k-dzo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://gdamsngagmdzod.tsadra.org/index.php/Main_Page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
roman

Post by roman »

I am planning on going. I haven't thought about places to stay right now. From what I know, which isn't much, there is plenty of places up there.
The question I have is....from what it says on siddharthasintent,
Although the Nyingma teachings comes first in the volumes, when Jamgon Kongtrul and Jamyang Khyentse Chokyi Lodro passed on these teachings they started with the Kadampa teachings since these lay the foundation of Bodhicitta and gave the Dzogchen teachings of the Nyingmapa as the last part. Khyentse Rinpoche will follow this tradition.
So, when do you think he will begin the dzogchen/Nyingma section. I won't be able to make it up there until the 2nd of 3rd of January.

roman
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

These teachings are in Tibet?

Kevin
roman

Post by roman »

india
heart

Post by heart »

roman wrote:I am planning on going. I haven't thought about places to stay right now. From what I know, which isn't much, there is plenty of places up there.
Although the Nyingma teachings comes first in the volumes, when Jamgon Kongtrul and Jamyang Khyentse Chokyi Lodro passed on these teachings they started with the Kadampa teachings since these lay the foundation of Bodhicitta and gave the Dzogchen teachings of the Nyingmapa as the last part. Khyentse Rinpoche will follow this tradition.
So, when do you think he will begin the dzogchen/Nyingma section. I won't be able to make it up there until the 2nd of 3rd of January.

roman
The Nyingma stuff is in the first two volumes. But when Thrangu Rinpoche gave it he started with the Kadampa stuff and then moved immediately in to the Kagyu, in particular Karma Katsang, so the Nyingma was almost at the end. So it is difficult to say but if he follows the original order it is in the beginning.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

heart wrote:
roman wrote:I am planning on going. I haven't thought about places to stay right now. From what I know, which isn't much, there is plenty of places up there.

roman
The Nyingma stuff is in the first two volumes. But when Thrangu Rinpoche gave it he started with the Kadampa stuff and then moved immediately in to the Kagyu, in particular Karma Katsang, so the Nyingma was almost at the end. So it is difficult to say but if he follows the original order it is in the beginning.

/magnus
The Siddhartha's Intent page says he will do the Nyingma at the end. Tempting, especially because with three months advanced notice the special permit to enter the region can be gotten on-line.
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

I don't mind which lineage i will be receiving when I am there. I don't have much choice on holidays, plus any part of dam ngak dzo would be helpful for me. I think I am more a Rime person now lol.

could anyone kindly offer me contact way of accomodation or hotel, or maybe we can pay and stay in dzongsar??
I hope it won't be a too bad room though because it's not fun to stay in northern India in Dec-Jan without heating. There will be snow.

For PAP, i think it's a bit too late to apply on line, I will just apply in person when I arrive dharmsala, which we need to go first anyway.
roman

Post by roman »

Yes, you can get the permit in one day dharmasala.

This might help. I just emailed one hotel up there so we'll see what they say.

http://www.indiamike.com/india/himachal ... r-t130596/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would think that the last 27 days of the dam ngak dzo would have at least the nyingma section.
I hope this helps.
heart

Post by heart »

roman wrote:I would think that the last 27 days of the dam ngak dzo would have at least the nyingma section.
I hope this helps.
Thrangu Rinpoche did it in two days. :smile: Semde took one day and Longde and Mengakde took one day, a long day.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

narraboth

Post by narraboth »

thanks for the information.
I think the best way is to stay in Monastery's accomodation, however they didn't reply my email. I have heard that people in Taiwan already arranged accomodation in monastery, through calling them directly .... :(

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”