Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Matt J

Hello

Post by Matt J »

Hi,

I've been practicing Theravada meditation for some years who has come to appreciate the Mahayana view of things, especially Zen, Hwa Yen and Mind Only. I hope to learn a lot of things here.

Matt
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
plwk

Re: Hello

Post by plwk »

:hi:
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

HI

I post here but do not necessarily consider myself a Buddhist. There is so much out there that claims Buddhism which, coupled with the western tendency to co-opt anything they involve in, it has me not knowing that thing. Some schools(and internet schools) have evolved recently with not a shred of lineage. I don't think it matters at all to me as my spiritual tendency seems intact, but you hear all sorts of strange things at times. This board is better than most as lineage holders do frequent this site, but some boards are wholely corrupted to my take.

Just so you know if you hear me saying something it may not be a Buddhist saying something. And as they say....test each thing heard as if it was a test to ascertain if it were gold or not. It may or may not be.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

As they say: better to be a Buddha than a Buddhist.
ronnewmexico wrote:HI
Just so you know if you hear me saying something it may not be a Buddhist saying something. And as they say....test each thing heard as if it was a test to ascertain if it were gold or not. It may or may not be.
"The world is made of stories, not atoms."
--- Muriel Rukeyser
Sonrisa

Post by Sonrisa »

Welcome :jumping:
Namo Amitabha
Namo Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva
Namo Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva

May I continue to practice loving-kindness and compassion for sentient beings. May my friends and loved ones be free from suffering. May those who have hurt me also be free from suffering.

Hatred is like throwing cow dung at someone else. You get dirty first before throwing it to someone else.

Return to “Introductions”