Dealing with purified karma

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Konchog1

Re: Dealing with purified karma

Post by Konchog1 »

Ok, I have the car repaired and it works. But within six years to a year the engine will literally fall apart, and the car will be scrap metal.

But I have Tara to thank for getting the car back at all. So thanks Greg, what teacher gave you that advice?
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

One of my lama here in Greece: Lama Giorgos Theofanopoulos. He's a Karma Kagyu I don't remember his Dharma name. We rarely use them here in Greece. I just call him Lama Giorgos or (when being cheeky) Lama G. :tongue: He is like a Greek mother to his sangha. Whenever I go to see him he is constantly trying to feed me tsog offerings to fatten me up! :smile: Lovely guy, good Dharma advice!
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

Konchog1 wrote:I was driving while meditating on illusion-like emptiness and after about an hour I run over a T.V. dealing $600 of damage to my car and stranding me in Nowheresville for a night.

So my question is, when karma is purified, how bad can it get? Life threatening? Problems that last several years?

And second, how can I minimize and protect myself against purified karma? Because I haven't meditated since yesterday because I'm scared my roof will collapse or something (I'm only half-joking).

Thanks.
How karma plays out is unique for everyone. The key point is to rest your mind in the natural state during the fruition of past karma.
pueraeternus

Post by pueraeternus »

Konchog1 wrote:But within six years to a year the engine will literally fall apart, and the car will be scrap metal.
Indeed - such negative Carma!
"Men must want to do things out of their own innermost drives. People, not commercial organizations or chains of command, are what make great civilizations work. Every civilization depends upon the quality of the individuals it produces. If you over-organize humans, over-legalize them, suppress their urge to greatness - they cannot work and their civilization collapses."
- A letter to CHOAM, attributed to the Preacher

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”