7th Crown Chakra vs 4th Heart Chakra

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.
freefromsamsara

Post by freefromsamsara »

Which is higher and more powerful?

Which chakra should i concentrate on if I wanna attain realization as quickly as possible?
JohnRammy

Re: 7th Crown Chakra vs 4th Heart Chakra

Post by JohnRammy »

What the heck are you talking about?

I think you mean the subnavel area. But you need transmission and instruction for that.

This is all part of Completion Stage.
Everything lacks the identity (atman) imputed by mere conceptual labels.
wisdom

Re: 7th Crown Chakra vs 4th Heart Chakra

Post by wisdom »

Realization doesn't come about from focusing on chakras. Experiences happen as a result of that, but if we cannot recognize our Buddha Nature in everyday ordinary reality, what hope do you think you have of recognizing it while in the midst of the intensity or even raw chaos of the experiences that can arise when we work with our own energies? Very little hope.

I can tell you from personal experience that a balanced approach is best. First work on meditation, achieving samatha (meditative equipoise) and insight meditation. Find yourself a guru. Read about the Dharma. Finally, let these words burn into your mind and never forget them- experiences are not realization. No matter what experience we have it is either samsaric or nirvanic in nature. You can have a completely fantastic mystical experience, one that lasts weeks, you can drink the divine ambrosia, talk to gods and goddesses, buddhas and bodhisattvas, witness miracles, develop powers of insight and prescience, and at the end of the day the only measure of realization is whether or not you have recognized your Buddha Nature and how often you can live in that truth.

The fastest path to realization is the one based on a solid foundation of study, practice, and guidance from a spiritual friend.

May you swiftly reach the furthest shore, brother!

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”