Garchen Rinpoche Live Webcast 12-30, 12-31

deepbluehum

Re: Garchen Rinpoche Live Webcast 12-30, 12-31

Post by deepbluehum »

Yudron wrote:You could be right, Deep Blue Hung. Or it could be that the level of internet service at their rural center is just not suitable. At our center in in California, for example, we rely on satellite for internet. That's not suitable for webcasts, so our lama has to travel to a professional facility at some distance to do webcasts. The U.S. is far behind Europe in internet service.
I think for transmissions it could work. But for empowerment in the sarma style, where many foundations are required, webcast may not be worthwhile. ChNNR makes it work for Anuyoga. He has a lot of experience with this sort of thing.
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

I thought I was seeing it nicely, but not. One can watch the recordings in the snippets to the right, if you want little snippets of teachings.
untxi

Post by untxi »

I thought the empowerment was quite beautiful and powerful despite the web interruptions. As Garchen Rinpoche said, if one has devotion and faith, then the empowerment is possible via the webcast. When there were problems, and the video cut out, I just visualized Rinpoche as in his guru yoga, Light Amassment of Blessings, and did his mantra, or did the mantra of Vajravarahi. At some points I realized I had missed some things, but being aware of the different parts of the empowerment, I just did those visualizations as I was able when the webcast cut in and it was evident that was where we were.

I guess I'm the only one with anything good to say.

-Untxi
namoh

Post by namoh »

Indeed. I started to mentally complain when the video started to cut out, then I realized I was watching one of my gurus giving a precious teaching 1500 miles away on my computer. As Rinpoche repeatedly said via emails in the days leading up, this is all a matter of faith, devotion and intention. I personally trust his assessment of the situation. lama khyenno.
relay

Post by relay »

Thanks for the post!
"We do not have to be ashamed of what we are. As sentient beings we have wonderful backgrounds. These backgrounds may not be particularly enlightened or peaceful or intelligent. Nevertheless, we have soil good enough to cultivate; we can plant anything in it.”
~Chögyam Trungpa
Zealot

Post by Zealot »

Hey, I just got back from Arizona where I received that empowerment and took refuge in person. I'm so sorry that the quality was not up to expectations. We had to rely on short range satellites that communicated with a cell tower. Every cell phone on caused interference and the quality of the internet was not superb to begin with. We were aware of this problem before the teachings began and even purchased a signal-repeater/funneler type satellite to attempt to strengthen the signal. I will inform them that their system could still use improvements.

That being said I'm glad some of you could enjoy the teachings and empowerment; they were incredibly beautiful. I feel blessed to have Garchen Rinpoche as my root lama and his teachings on the thirty-seven bodhisattva practices were very informative. Everyone I met there was incredible and full of compassion and the only negative experiences I had were that of my own afflictions.

Many blessings, everyone!
"My life for Aiur!" - Protoss Zealot
namoh

Post by namoh »

Thanks for your words Zealot! It must have been amazing to be there. We're getting ready now to host Rinpoche in Seattle this next week. We're all very excited!
futerko

Post by futerko »

Great to hear that Zealot. Just an idea, but maybe they should encourage people to turn their mobiles off.
mahabuddha

Post by mahabuddha »

I'm thankful that we live in Internet age where we have the opportunity to receive teachings from a bodhisattva such as Garchen Rinpoche. He has devoted his entire life to spread the teachings. There will always be obstacles but take them as they are and use them as a Dharma teaching.
Thank you to Garchen Rinpoche, Drupon Rinpoche, Ina, and the entire team at Garchen Inst. for their tireless work!
Zealot

Post by Zealot »

Thank you for all the kindness; it was truly a blessed experience.
futerko wrote:Great to hear that Zealot. Just an idea, but maybe they should encourage people to turn their mobiles off.
They certainly did encourage and request that on a couple of occasions, however, people can be very... protective when it comes to their mobile devices and being in contact with the outside world.

Many blessings everyone and I know Seattle in particular will be receiving their fair share of blessings :D I wonder if they'll do a webcast over there....?
"My life for Aiur!" - Protoss Zealot
namoh

Post by namoh »

Hi Zealot, I wanted to wait until it had been confirmed, but the teachings in Seattle WILL be available as a live webcast. please visit http://www.drikungseattle.com/seattle-teachings.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for details. Hope you can join!

Return to “Kagyu”