White Tara Retreat from Afar - Dec 3 - Jan 2

BFS

White Tara Retreat from Afar - Dec 3 - Jan 2

Post by BFS »

Every winter the residents of Sravasti Abbey do three months of retreat (except this year, 2010-11, one month retreat) on a deity practice along with meditations on the Gradual Path to Enlightenment. While a few guests are able to join us at the Abbey for this, others are not able to attend in person.

To extend the retreat experience, we offer the opportunity to do the Retreat from Afar and make a connection with the retreat by participating along with us.
By doing a daily practice during the same dates as the retreat, you develop your Dharma practice while feeling the support of the Abbey residents who are doing the same. You also give your support to those of us doing the retreat at the Abbey, encouraging our practice.
The Abbey has offered the Retreat from Afar for several years, and people have loved doing it. They maintained a regular daily practice, deepened their understanding of the Dharma, and gained many insights into their lives. For the 2009-10 Tara retreat, over 200 people joined the Retreat from Afar! We enjoyed seeing their photos each time we entered the meditation hall to do sessions.

http://www.sravasti.org/programs/retreatafar.html

Past retreats:

http://www.thubtenchodron.org/Retreat/index.html
lisehull

Re: White Tara Retreat from Afar - Dec 3 - Jan 2

Post by lisehull »

I signed up for this a while back. I think it's going to be an excellent experience, and I am impressed that such an option is being offered. Take a look at past retreats. There is an abundance of information and experiential links help the retreats come alive.
:namaste:
Lise
BFS

Re: White Tara Retreat from Afar - Dec 3 - Jan 2

Post by BFS »

:) I am really looking forward to it, too. It is great, the live internet teachings, the daily Bodhisattva Breakfast corner teachings, being able to send in questions about anything that comes up in retreat, and have them answered. Very well run long distance retreats.

'See' you there, Lisehull. :)

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”