Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

dzogchungpa

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by dzogchungpa »

alpha wrote:April 25 – Mexico DF - at 7:30 pm (GMT -5)

Public talk: “The real condition of the Individual, Dzogchen”
from: Foro Polanco, Moliere 328, entre Homero y Ejercito Nacional, Mexico

Open Webcast
Will that actually be webcast? It's not showing up on the schedule here:
http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
florin

Post by florin »

dzogchungpa wrote: Will that actually be webcast? It's not showing up on the schedule here:
http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/
Dont know.
But that is what it says in the email i got from the webcast team.
Sometime the public talks in between webcasts dont get listed or advertised on the site.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

:namaste:

:stirthepot: :smile:

Working with circumstances. Please remember that these are just the idle ramblings of one old bozo on the bus.

In another thread there is a very good discussion of “The historical reasons for secrecy in the Vajrayana.”

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... ead#unread

The historical reasons for secrecy in the Vajrayana, as very well explained in the referenced thread, have been overtaken by events, when it comes to the Vajrayana as taught from within the Dzogchen perspective of the Dzogchen Community.

To clarify this secrecy / rules of access to the teachings, I think it would be helpful to review the current state of the secrecy hierarchy as relates to members, non-members, and the Keepers of the Media Archives, in the Dzogchen Community. Please correct me if I have made any mistakes. This is how it is to the best of my knowledge.

Anyone walking into any DC retreat for the first time, whether member or non-member, is given full access to the specific teachings (including vajra dance and yantra yoga, including kumbaka and the pranayamas) of that retreat, as well as the CD of that retreat. This is true whether or not they are present, or totally distracted, at the DI and lungs of that retreat.

The only retreats where this differed, were the big Yangtig (dark retreat), retreat, and the big Togyal retreat. Yangtig and Togyal were also taught in other normal retreats, but sometimes to small groups. For these two big retreats, everyone had to write to ChNNR and request permission to attend. ChNNR has stated that everyone who asked, received permission.

Only those who physically attended these retreats, and whose names are on the official list of attendees, can obtain a copy of the CDs.

To buy restricted items from the SSI web store you must be a member.

Anyone who is interested, member or non-member can listen to (and record) the unrestricted webcasts.

Only members can listen to, and record, the unrestricted webcast replays, the restricted webcasts, and the restricted webcast replays.

Anyone who is a member can listen to any of the dozen or so retreat replays posted on the replay website.

To the best of my knowledge, non-members who attest that they listened to a non-restricted webcast, or attended any retreat, can buy the CD for that retreat.

Members who attest that they listened to any webcast, or attended any retreat, can buy the CDs for that retreat.

Anyone having a user name and password for the media archive, can access ANY, of the over 500 retreat recordings, of the collected works, including the several hundred retreats recorded on HD videos.

To become a member you have to pay your membership fee. In some places this is paid by the month. The membership fees, and fee structures, vary from place to place, and from time to time.

In many places, Yantra Yoga (the traditional tsa lung), including the pranayamas (now called “Breathing”) is taught by disciples of ChNNR who are both in, and are not in, the SMS hierarchy. This has now gravitated to yoga centers such as Esalen Institute and Kripalu where these are taught without receiving DI or any traditional transmission. This is also being done in Russia. Some Russians are advertising a 12 day, Yantra vacation for 1125 euros plus transportation.

Note – IMPORTANT – It is suggested that you choose your teachers very VERY carefully!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patrul Rinpoche's advice about following a spiritual friend:

Just as the trunk of an ordinary tree
Lying in the forest of the Malaya mountains
Absorbs the perfume of sandal from the moist leaves and branches
So you become to resemble whomever you follow.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some “high” teachings which traditionally required a transmission of DI, and wang / lung / tri are now being taught by disciples of ChNNR who are both within and without of the SMS hierarchy. These include, dream yoga, rushen, purification of the 6 lokas, the 7th lojang, the 21 semzin, Mandarava long life practice, Thugthig of Jnana Dakini, Chod and advanced pranayamas, among other practices.

Anyone who pays the course fee, gets access to these teachings. Sometimes there is a requirement that the attendee has received the DI from ChNNR.

These are some ramblings on secrecy and access to the Teachings in the hierarchy of the Dzogchen Community, as relates to access to Teachings by members, non-members, and the Keepers of the Media Archive.

Perhaps equal access will address these issues.

“We are all in the same boat.”

Very nice to see Rinpoche strong and in good health, singing and enjoying the singing and dancing in Mexico!

Homage to the Dzogchen Masters. May they live long, in good health and with success in all things.

:heart:
Last edited by Grigoris on Thu May 09, 2013 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed text color as it was unreadable
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

oldbob,
Is the media archive different from the replay site? The replay site only seems to have one page of replays for the last several retreats.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Lhasa wrote:oldbob,
Is the media archive different from the replay site? The replay site only seems to have one page of replays for the last several retreats.
Hi Lhasa, all and ALL,

Good question! The last I heard is that the media archive, with the over 500 recorded retreats, is on two separate computer servers.

I am told that Fabian Sanders is now in charge of the archives.

I am told that Raffaella Blasi is in charge of the transcripts. (Perhaps crowd sourcing, for the collaboration of making the transcripts, would allow a faster completion of this project.)

They are both very intelligent and very good hearted, so I am sure if you write to them, care of SSI, you can find out what is going on with the media archives.

[email protected],

Maybe they can publish something to Norbunet regarding the current status, and future plans, for the media archive.

My 2 cents is that it would be good to have all media (transcripts, practice materials, practice related books, CDs and DVDs) free, on line, for members. This would address the issue of equal access to the Teachings and overcome any thought of the Dzogchen Community becoming a club for the rich.

I think if the powers that be look at the small revenue from sales of CDs and DVDs, it is very clear that this small amount, would be more than offset by the hugely increased revenue from sales of memberships.

If one considers the hierarchy of "secrecy and access" as described in the post above, outside of SMS, it is only determined by payment of fees.

Of course the "live" lung is necessary (as per Rinpoche's current instruction) to get the benefit of the practices included in the media archives, "otherwise it doesn't function."

This would have to be worked out. Maybe Fabian (an expert in Tibetan language) can give the lungs. He also has excellent pronunciation.

Then members could choose what secondary practices that they wanted to study, and practice, from the entire collected works.

I believe that as a Dzogchen practitioner, this is permitted, and that being "active" in the pursuit of your spiritual path, is encouraged.

I am told that a complete list of secondary practices is currently being prepared by SSI. You can inquire about this at SSI.

Of course everything depends on what Rinpoche wants to do, and of course I support whatever he decides.

"We are all in the same boat."

ob

pawel

Post by pawel »

oldbob wrote:
Pero wrote:
oldbob wrote: At the end of his last retreat, K. Yeshe has declared that the "Tibetan Teachings of my father" will be done by the SMS structure and that he, K. Yeshe, will be bringing out his own Teachings in his new series of retreats.
Wow really?
That's what I got out of it at 5 in the AM, in Margarita, with a little sleep, fuzzy head. :zzz: :rolleye:
What I remember fro mthe end, is that Khyentse Yeshe said his father is in good health and so he's not going to teach and if anyone invites him they should make sure it's not about him but about what he can share with them for the DC. Hence what he teaches NOW (because he actually had a very different approach, or style, when he started and then also changed along the way) is the approach like in Kiev or the Yeshe Lama. He also advised everyone on studying SMS and this is because studying SMS is crucial in bringing forth real understanding, and this last I speak from my own experience - and it does not mean I am very fond of SMS... I am fond of Guruyoga and I see SMS from that perspective, not the other way round.

Regarding the archives, I think you are totally mistaken.
As an example, a lot of people are working on looking through archives, Mirrors and elsewhere for every Rinpoche's word on vajra dance, because there's a lack of any published commentary and so on and everybody has to work on their own on courses. They're well back before 2000. Think a little, everything requires a lot of work to be done to just get anything done and there is really no limit to participation in that work. Everybody has a good intention, devotion and willingness - that's what I see around myself. This does not mean that there are no problems. There may be always some problems where there is collaboration.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Hi pawel, all and All,

Nice to learn more of what K Yeshe intends, but it sure would be nice to find a recording of the last day of this last retreat so that a transcript could be made in Italian and English.

Nice you are seeing SMS from the perspective of of Guruyoga. Perhaps it is good to see everything like this. :smile:

Nice to hear that people are researching the information on the Vajra Dance. Maybe this could be released in stages, on line, for free, as it is an evolving project, that would benefit many people.

I am quite sure I am totally mistaken on most things, but as to the archives, I am completely confused as to how or where I am totally mistaken. I was only making the following claims - which are true to the best of my knowledge.

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

1. The transcript archives exist. Somewhere in Merigar there is a file cabinet with completed transcripts for many of the retreats. It would be nice if these could be put on line for free. This can easily be done by scanning the transcripts and making OCR, corrected copies of the transcripts. This is not expensive, nor would take a lot of time. This can easily be done by crowd sourcing this work to the 2400 people attending the webcasts. Perhaps each Gar / Ling could buy a scanner and OCR software and set up a space for this project. The transcripts can be released electronically as they become available, free on line. The transcription of all the retreats which still are not transcribed, could be done in the same general way. Perhaps someone at SSI could coordinate this and communicate to the DC on Norbunet, as to current status and periodic progress.

2. The audio / video archives exist. Somewhere in the world there are 2 computers with all of the audio and video that exists for the 500 + retreats. It would be nice if these were put on line for free. I am sure that many people will contribute to this project, if asked. Since the data is already on hard drives, it is just a matter of duplicating these hard drives and sending them to a server location. With Apple / Google/ and Microsoft competing for cloud hosting, the monthly charges for this server would not be much. This can easily be researched and achieved. The hard work of getting the audio and video onto the hardrives has already been done. Perhaps the current webcast user names and passwords can be utilized. Perhaps someone at SSI could coordinate this and communicate to the DC on Norbunet, both as to current status and periodic progress.

3. The archives exist. A few "special" people have access to these archives. The appearance is that these "special" people are doing what they can to restrict equal access. I pray that I am "completely wrong" as to this restriction, but then where is the equal access after 30 years of the existence of Merigar?

Equal access means that EVERYONE (all members) could have equal access, free on line, with no differentiation between those members who have money and those who do not, and no difference between those who are "special" power people and those who are not.

The key point is that the archives exist and that rather than their publishing being a 30 year project of SSI, perhaps SSI could permit all members of the DC to collaborate and then publish the retreat archives, every so often, as a work in progress. This could include the immediate electronic publication of what is available now.

It is up to the powers that be.

"We are all in the same boat."

Be the boat. :smile:

krodha

Post by krodha »

Closed Webcast.

The schedule of retreat in Hotel Buena Vista is:
8th -12th May 2013
Tsegyalgar West retreat.
The teaching will be Zhinang Yeshes
Dronme (Tib. g.zhi-snang ye-shes sgron-me)
The Wisdom light of the Base.
Closed webcast.

The Lama Yangtik is made up of small inner trilogies. The Lamp of Wisdom (explaining) the Manifestations of the Base (gZhi snang ye shes sgron me) belongs to the first trilogy of the 2nd volume of the Lama Yangtik, known as the Trilogy of the Lamps (sGron me gsum) and it goes together with: (i) the Lamp Clarifying the meaning of Allegoric Examples (dPe don gsal byed sgron me) and (ii) the Lamp of the key-points of Practice (Nyams len gnad kyi sgron me).

The Lamp of Wisdom describes :
1. the primordial Base
2. the actual manifestations of the Base
3. the way they subside
4. the way they arise again after subsiding
5. the way they liberate after having arisen.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

oldbob wrote:The archives exist. A few "special" people have access to these archives. The appearance is that these "special" people are doing what they can to restrict equal access.
Why are they doing that? What's the rationale?
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

treehuggingoctopus wrote:
oldbob wrote:The archives exist. A few "special" people have access to these archives. The appearance is that these "special" people are doing what they can to restrict equal access.
It's just Bob's vision and personal interpretation of things. :tongue:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Pero

Post by Pero »

asunthatneversets wrote:Closed Webcast.

8th -12th May 2013
Tsegyalgar West retreat.
Closed webcast.

The Lama Yangtik is made up of small inner trilogies. The Lamp of Wisdom (explaining) the Manifestations of the Base (gZhi snang ye shes sgron me) belongs to the first trilogy of the 2nd volume of the Lama Yangtik, known as the Trilogy of the Lamps (sGron me gsum) and it goes together with: (i) the Lamp Clarifying the meaning of Allegoric Examples (dPe don gsal byed sgron me) and (ii) the Lamp of the key-points of Practice (Nyams len gnad kyi sgron me).

1. the primordial Base
3. the way they subside
Don't you think it would be polite to attribute that to the person who wrote it?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Dronma wrote:
treehuggingoctopus wrote:
It's just Bob's vision and personal interpretation of things. :tongue:
Yes, it is my vision and personal interpretation of things --- based on 31 years of observation and participation in the DC.

I have my strongly held opinions as to what motivates the power people, but I am not sure that voicing my concerns would be useful, or within the TOA of DW.

I think it is pretty clear. Everyone can see the situation directly through their own eyes, and understand why the current situation exists regarding access to the media archives.

If anyone wants the full explanation, you can PM me.

The key point is that many people would benefit if the archives are opened to all members. The history is not so important. What Rinpoche will allow for the future is what is important.

Perhaps other voices, than the power people, need to be heard.

Best, ob
krodha

Post by krodha »

Pero wrote:
asunthatneversets wrote:Closed Webcast.

8th -12th May 2013
Tsegyalgar West retreat.
Closed webcast.

1. the primordial Base
3. the way they subside
Don't you think it would be polite to attribute that to the person who wrote it?

The fine information posted above was a collective effort provided by the fine minds of both sönam and Mutsuk Marro from vajracakra, much obliged! I do not own the rights to this information and would like to thank both cut and paste for the integral roles they played in making the precise transfer of this information possible. May it benefit countless beings!

Bhusuku

Post by Bhusuku »

asunthatneversets wrote: Image
:jumping:

where can I buy that costume? I REALLY wanna have it!!! I'm sure if I'm wearing that thing I'll be a real super-dzogchenpa! :woohoo:
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Well so much for ever being in the CIA. Now everyone knows what I look like. :smile:

On the humorous side, in January I wrote to SSI asking for a list of the secondary practices.

Maybe it is more timely if we make our own. We are all getting older and the time of death is uncertain.

This is a list sourced from several practitioners. If you can add, correct or condense anything, and send it back as a PM, from time to time I will send out updates.

Maybe someone who is a scholar can clean the list up, (use Wylie please, as it is more generally known) and send it back. Of course, everyone should also feel free to publish things directly.

The point of publishing the list is that this is the practice heart of the Dzogchen Community. Guru Yoga is the primary practice and infuses all other practices / activities, 24/7. The DC is more than Yantra Yoga and Vajra Dance, yet 90 percent of the course offerings has been just these two subjects. (Maybe this is why so few go to non-Rinpoche retreats at the Gars.) Maybe more people would attend retreats if these other secondary practices were taught as well.

Each practice could also be presented on-line, with a full hyper-links (you click you go there) reference to the retreat it was taught from in the Media archives: audio only, audio and video, and transcripts.

A short summary of each practice could be prepared and put into a descriptive index of the practices of the Collected Works. Then it would be nice if a "Practice Collected Works" could be published - on line for members, that would be a collection of teaching modules with the texts, images, and audio (for mantras) and video (for mudras) references, available as click-on items for each practice. This is doable now - in our life time :smile: - through crowd sourcing within the community.

Then the multi-media "Collected Works for Practitioners" can be published on line for members. This is not proselytizing, it is just making what is currently available for the few privileged "Keepers of the Archives" available to everyone else in the Community, AND making studying, learning and doing the practices (all the practices) possible for many more people.

Certainly, a system of "transmission" and "permissions" needs to be worked out. All of this is up to Rinpoche - if he wants to do this.

Dharma is not pizza - to be sold in slices only to those who can afford to buy. Dharma is the potential for realization in the hearts of everyone. :buddha1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-buR1TMhvKo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secondary Practice List of the Dzogchen Community

25 spaces of Samantabhadra [aka thos grol/25 Thigle/25 Longchens] (Changchub Dorje terma)
30 Nyingtams (Longchenpa)
7 Semdzins [sems 'dzin]
7 Statements Main Points of Shri Singha
9 Purification Breathings [rlung ro bsal ba]
Amitayus Long-Life Practice (Nyagla Pema Dundul terma)
Ati Dzogchen Tregchod (Changchub Dorje terma)
Avalokiteshvara Korwa Tongtrug [spyan ras gzigs] (Adzom Drukpa terma)
Base, Path and Fruit of the Dzogchen Longchen Nyingthig
Bepa'i Gumchung Experiential instructions (Buddhagupta)
Black Manjushri
Black Garuda
Chang Chog - Ritual of purification for the deceased
Chikha Bardos [Bardo of the Moment of death]
Chö [gcod] (Machig Labdron/Jigme Lingpa terma)
Choszhi Rinchen Trengwa (Longchenpa)
Dark-Blue Garuda (Changchub Dorje terma from the cycle of Lama Zabdon's Khyung-nag)
Dorje Drolod (Adzom Drugpa terma)
Dorje Lü [rdo rje'i glu; Song of Vajra (found in the bi ma snying thig/Tantra of the Union of the Sun and Moon ___(nyi zla kha sbyor)]
Dorjei Kotrab [Vajra Armor Healing Mantra] (Dorje Lingpa terma)
Dorje Yudronma The Longsal Diviantion of
Dragphur [guru drag phur; aka Guru Dragpo Kila]
Dzogchen Desum [3 Classes of the Great Perfection]
Dzogchen Medjung, The Marvelous state
Dzogchen Nallug [rdzogs chen rnal lugs]
Dzogchen Padma Nyingthig
Essential Teaching on Vimalamitra light of Dharma
Garab Dorje Guru Yoga of the white A
Ganapuja [thun tshog]
Gomadevi [short & long version]
Green Tara [Adzom Drugpa terma (Invocation by ChNN)]
Guardian Practice
Introduction to the real essence of the Dzogchen Teachings of Garab Dorje
Jangchub Semgom [The Instruction of Primordial State]
Khading Shoklap
Khorde Rüshan ['khor 'das ru shan]
Khyung Chen Dingwa [khyung chen lding ba; The Flight of the Garuda]
Kumar Kumari Yantra Yoga for Children
Kunje Gyalpo [kun byed rgyal po'i rgyud]
Kuntu Zangpo Mönlam [kun bzang smon lam; Invocation of Samatabhadra] (Gödem Chen terma from Kunye massage
Gongpa ___Zangthal Gyi Gyü)
Kyechi Bardo [Bardo of the life time]
Lam Zhi Dras (Changchub Dorje terma)
Lama Zabdon Nyingthig (Chanchub Dorje terma)
Lhalung Sangdag (Heka Lingpa terma)
Longde
Long life Practice and Chüdlen of Nyagla Pema Dündul, Amitayus
Long life of Guru Rinpoche
Longsal Root Empowerment
Longsal: Actions of the Guru Jñanadakini [bla ma ye shes mkha' 'gro'i phrin las rgya]
Longsal: Bardo Instructions Sealed with the HUM [bar do'i gdams pa hum gi rgya can]
Longsal: Direct Introduction to the Principle of the Mirror of Vajrasattva [rdor sems me long gi dgongs pa ngo ___sprod]
Longsal: Essence of the Heart of Guru Jnanadhakkini (Lama Yeshes Khadro'i Thugthig)
Longsal: King of Space [nam mkha'i rgyal po]
Longsal: Main Points of the View Totally Beyond the Conceptual Mind [lta ba blo 'das chen po'i gnad byang]
Longsal: Most Important Point of the Lama Gongdü [bla ma dgongs 'dus kyi gnad gzer]
Longsal: Most Important Points on the View, Meditation, Behavior, and Fruit [lta sgom spyod 'bras kyi gnad gzer ___aka A ti'i gnad gzer man ngag]
Longsal: Opening of the Gate to the State of Ati [a ti'i dgongs pa sgo 'byed]
Longsal: Outer, Inner, and Secret Practices of the Guru Wisdom Dakini [la ma ye shes mkha' 'gro ma'i phyi nang ___gsang gsum las byang]
Longsal: Principle of the View Totally Beyond Conceptual Mind [lta ba blo 'das chen po'i dgongs pa]
Preliminary Practice From the Longsal Cycle
Longsal: Profound Essential Upadesha of the Long Life Practice & The Thigle of Vajra Life [tshe sgrub rdo rje'i ___srog thig gi gnad kyi man ngag zab mo]
Longsal: Purification of the Six Lokas as Preliminaries of the Path of Ati [a ti'i lam sngon rigs drug gnas sbyong ___aka A ti'i lam gnad sngon 'gro]
Longsal: Root Upadesha on the Vajra Bridge of Longde/Ngondzog Gyalpo [klong sde rdo rje zam pa'i man ngag ___gi rtsa ba] (May 2012)
Longsal: Tantra of the Manifestation of the Vajra Dance That Liberates the Six Classes in the Six Spaces [klong ___drug 'gro ba drug grol gyi rdo rje'i gar rgya rnam par bkod pa'i rgyud]
Longsal: Thigle of Vajra Life, Longevity Practice of the Immortal Dakini ['chi med mkha' 'gro'i tshe sgrub rdo rje ___srog thig rgya]
Longsal: Upadesha for the Self-Liberation of the Six Lokas [rgyud drug rang grol gyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha of Introduction to the State of Ati [a ti'i dgongs pa ngo sprod kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha of the Oral Transmission of Thangtong Gyalpo [thang rgyal snyan rgyud kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on All-Penetrating Wisdom [ye shes zang thal gyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Guruyoga of the White A [a dkar bla ma'i rnal 'byor gyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Profound Path of Illusory Body [zab lam sgyu lus kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Thögal of Self-Perfected Luminous Clarity [lhun grub 'od gsal thod rgal gyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Total Behavior of Equal Taste [spyod pa ro snyoms chen po'i man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Tregchö of Primordial Purity [ka dag khregs chod kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Twenty-Five Spaces [klong chen nyi shu rtsa lnga'i man ngag]
Longsal: Way to Practice the Profound Path of Guru Kalachakra [bla ma dus kyi 'khor lo'i zab lam nyams su len ___tshul]
Longsal: Wish-Fulfilling Jewel, Thigle of the Mind of the Guru Wisdom Dakini [bla ma ye shes mkha' 'gro'i ___thugs thig yid bzhin nor bu]
Longsal: Yangti Yoga of Darkness [yang ti mun pa'i rnal 'byor]
Longsal: Yoga of Prana for Clarity and Emptiness [gsal stong rlung gi rnal 'byor]
Lungta [rlung rta]
Man ngag 'Odsal Nangcha (Patrul Rinpoche)
Man ngag tag drol gyud (Changchub Dorje terma)
Mandarava Tsalung
Mandarava Long-life & Chüdlen
Marme Mönlam [mar me smon lam] (Adzom Drukpa terma)
Medicine Buddha [Bhaiṣajyaguruvaidūryaprabharāja]
Medicine Terma of Rigdzin Changchub Dorje
Method of Integration from Dzogchen Upadesha root tantra Dra Thalgyur
Milam – Dream practice
Mo Divination
Naga Practice
Namkha [nam mkha]
Narag Tongtrug
Naslug Cherthong of Jigmed Lingpa [the naked condition of Dzogchen]
Nyamtrid Dzogchen Nyinthig
Nyangyud Khorva Dongtruk
Özer Chenma ['Od zer can ma; Skt: Marici]
Padma Nyingthig [pad ma snying thig]
Phowa
Precious Mala - Four Dharmas of Gampopa
Purification of the 6 Lokas (Nyagla Pema Dündul terma)
Red Garuda (Adzom Drugpa terma)
rigs-drug gnas-sbyong
Rushen
Sang [bsang mchod] (Adzom Drugpa)
Sangye Lakchang (Namchos Migyur Dorje terma)
Semde Rigpa'i Khujyug [rig pa'i khu byug; The Cuckoo of Presence]
Semde, The Four Contemplations of the
Semlung Namkhache
Semdzin
Semdzin with the Syllable Phat
Serkyem (Nub Sangye Yeshe)
Shakyamuni’s Praises to the 21 Taras
Shitro
Short Ganapuja of Jigme Lingpa
Shri Gyalpo'i Khyadchos (Patrul Rinpoche)
Simhamukha
Song of Energy
Song of the Vajra
Statements of Four Stages of Relaxation of Jnanasutra
Thos Grol. The Practice of the Twenty-five Thigles
Togal
Tregchöd - The Four Chogshag.
Tregcho teaching of Jigmed Lingpa from the Instruction "Yeshe Lama"
Tsik Sum Nedeg [tshig gsum gnad du brdeg pa; Three Statements of Garab Dorje]
Tundrin [thun 'bring; medium tun]
Tundus [thun bsdus; short tun]
Tungyas [thun rgyas; longer thun]
Union of Mahamudra and Dzogchen from the great master Arago
Vaidurya'i Chun-phyangs of Patrul Rinpoche
Vajra Armor
Vajra Breathing [rdo rje'i bzlas pa]
Vajra Dance
Vajrapani (Heka Lingpa terma)
Purification Practice of Vajrasattva and Mandala Offering
Yangti – Dark Retreat
Yeshes Zangthal and Nadzer
Zernga [gzer lnga; “Five Nails”]
Zhaldam [Advice of Khyenrab Chos-kyi Odzer]
Zhenpa Zhidral
Zhine and Lhagthong [zhi gnas; Skt: shamatha / lhag mthong; Skt: vipashyana]
Zhine related with the Longsal Ati Gongpa Ngosprod
Zhitro Khordas Rangdrol [zhi khro 'khor 'das rang grol] (Changchub Dorje terma)
Zhitro [zhi khro] (Namchö Mingyur Dorje terma)
Zhuslan [Request & Reply of Jyithing Lhamo, King Khrisong, Shelkarza Dorjetsho, Yeshe Tshogyal, Vairocana, ___Gomchens (Great Meditators) and Geshes]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

asunthatneversets wrote: The fine information posted above was a collective effort provided by the fine minds of both sönam and Mutsuk Marro from vajracakra, much obliged! I do not own the rights to this information and would like to thank both cut and paste for the integral roles they played in making the precise transfer of this information possible. May it benefit countless beings!

The information was originally posted in the Retreat Calendar of the Tsegyalgar West:
https://tsegyalgarwest.org/retreat-cent ... -calendar/
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

oldbob wrote::namaste:

Well so much for ever being in the CIA. Now everyone knows what I look like. :smile:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 spaces of Samantabhadra [aka thos grol/25 Thigle/25 Longchens] (Changchub Dorje terma)
7 Semdzins [sems 'dzin]
Black Manjushri
Black Garuda
Dark-Blue Garuda (Changchub Dorje terma from the cycle of Lama Zabdon's Khyung-nag)
Dorje Lü [rdo rje'i glu; Song of Vajra (found in the bi ma snying thig/Tantra of the Union of the Sun and Moon ___(nyi zla kha sbyor)]
Dzogchen Padma Nyingthig
Ganapuja [thun tshog]
Guardian Practice
Khading Shoklap
Kuntu Zangpo Mönlam [kun bzang smon lam; Invocation of Samatabhadra] (Gödem Chen terma from Kunye massage
Longde
Longsal Root Empowerment
Longsal: Actions of the Guru Jñanadakini [bla ma ye shes mkha' 'gro'i phrin las rgya]
Longsal: Bardo Instructions Sealed with the HUM [bar do'i gdams pa hum gi rgya can]
Longsal: Direct Introduction to the Principle of the Mirror of Vajrasattva [rdor sems me long gi dgongs pa ngo ___sprod]
Longsal: Essence of the Heart of Guru Jnanadhakkini (Lama Yeshes Khadro'i Thugthig)
Longsal: Main Points of the View Totally Beyond the Conceptual Mind [lta ba blo 'das chen po'i gnad byang]
Longsal: Most Important Point of the Lama Gongdü [bla ma dgongs 'dus kyi gnad gzer]
Longsal: Most Important Points on the View, Meditation, Behavior, and Fruit [lta sgom spyod 'bras kyi gnad gzer ___aka A ti'i gnad gzer man ngag]
Longsal: Outer, Inner, and Secret Practices of the Guru Wisdom Dakini [la ma ye shes mkha' 'gro ma'i phyi nang ___gsang gsum las byang]
Longsal: Principle of the View Totally Beyond Conceptual Mind [lta ba blo 'das chen po'i dgongs pa]
Longsal: Profound Essential Upadesha of the Long Life Practice & The Thigle of Vajra Life [tshe sgrub rdo rje'i ___srog thig gi gnad kyi man ngag zab mo]
Longsal: Purification of the Six Lokas as Preliminaries of the Path of Ati [a ti'i lam sngon rigs drug gnas sbyong ___aka A ti'i lam gnad sngon 'gro]
Longsal: Root Upadesha on the Vajra Bridge of Longde/Ngondzog Gyalpo [klong sde rdo rje zam pa'i man ngag ___gi rtsa ba] (May 2012)
Longsal: Tantra of the Manifestation of the Vajra Dance That Liberates the Six Classes in the Six Spaces [klong ___drug 'gro ba drug grol gyi rdo rje'i gar rgya rnam par bkod pa'i rgyud]
Longsal: Thigle of Vajra Life, Longevity Practice of the Immortal Dakini ['chi med mkha' 'gro'i tshe sgrub rdo rje ___srog thig rgya]
Longsal: Upadesha for the Self-Liberation of the Six Lokas [rgyud drug rang grol gyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha of Introduction to the State of Ati [a ti'i dgongs pa ngo sprod kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha of the Oral Transmission of Thangtong Gyalpo [thang rgyal snyan rgyud kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Guruyoga of the White A [a dkar bla ma'i rnal 'byor gyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Profound Path of Illusory Body [zab lam sgyu lus kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Thögal of Self-Perfected Luminous Clarity [lhun grub 'od gsal thod rgal gyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Total Behavior of Equal Taste [spyod pa ro snyoms chen po'i man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Tregchö of Primordial Purity [ka dag khregs chod kyi man ngag]
Longsal: Upadesha on the Twenty-Five Spaces [klong chen nyi shu rtsa lnga'i man ngag]
Longsal: Way to Practice the Profound Path of Guru Kalachakra [bla ma dus kyi 'khor lo'i zab lam nyams su len ___tshul]
Longsal: Wish-Fulfilling Jewel, Thigle of the Mind of the Guru Wisdom Dakini [bla ma ye shes mkha' 'gro'i ___thugs thig yid bzhin nor bu]
Longsal: Yoga of Prana for Clarity and Emptiness [gsal stong rlung gi rnal 'byor]
Lungta [rlung rta]
Mandarava Tsalung
Milam – Dream practice
Mo Divination
Naga Practice
Namkha [nam mkha]
Narag Tongtrug
Nyangyud Khorva Dongtruk
Phowa
rigs-drug gnas-sbyong
Rushen
Semlung Namkhache
Semdzin
Shitro
Simhamukha
Song of Energy
Song of the Vajra
Togal
Vajra Armor
Vajra Dance
Yangti – Dark Retreat
Zhenpa Zhidral
Zhuslan [Request & Reply of Jyithing Lhamo, King Khrisong, Shelkarza Dorjetsho, Yeshe Tshogyal, Vairocana, ___Gomchens (Great Meditators) and Geshes]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, oldbob !!!!
:rolling:

About the list of the secondary practices now. Are the practices of Tregchöd, Togal and Yangti considered as secondary?
I like the new idea that you present today.
krodha

Post by krodha »

Dronma wrote:
asunthatneversets wrote: The fine information posted above was a collective effort provided by the fine minds of both sönam and Mutsuk Marro from vajracakra, much obliged! I do not own the rights to this information and would like to thank both cut and paste for the integral roles they played in making the precise transfer of this information possible. May it benefit countless beings!

The information was originally posted in the Retreat Calendar of the Tsegyalgar West:
https://tsegyalgarwest.org/retreat-cent ... -calendar/
The plot thickens!
pawel

Post by pawel »

Dronma wrote:
oldbob wrote::namaste:

7 Semdzins [sems 'dzin]
Black Manjushri
Black Garuda
Dzogchen Padma Nyingthig
Ganapuja [thun tshog]
Guardian Practice
Khading Shoklap
Longde
Longsal Root Empowerment
Lungta [rlung rta]
Mandarava Tsalung
Milam – Dream practice
Mo Divination
Naga Practice
Namkha [nam mkha]
Narag Tongtrug
Nyangyud Khorva Dongtruk
Phowa
rigs-drug gnas-sbyong
Rushen
Semlung Namkhache
Semdzin
Shitro
Simhamukha
Song of Energy
Song of the Vajra
Togal
Vajra Armor
Vajra Dance
Yangti – Dark Retreat
Zhenpa Zhidral

Hello, oldbob 007!!!! :spy:
:rolling:

About the list of the secondary practices now. Are the practices of Tregchöd, Togal and Yangti considered as secondary?
I like the new idea that you present today.
I'm sorry.
This is absurd.
It's a list of titles, and they don't belong anywhere, because they are repeated if they present different names of the same teaching.
What does this show really?
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Hi Dronma all and All,

My 2 cents is that all practices are secondary, except Guru Yoga. My 2 cents is that any practice / activity, done with Awareness is Dzogchen, and any practice / activity, done without Awareness is not. I think the Tibetans call this "ordinary mind," or, "as it is," or, "the thing itself," "or "one taste," or, "the one point that explains all," but I am not a scholar. I am certain the scholars on the Board can answer your question better than I can, as I have only my poor memory of what my Teachers have said, to go on.

Best, ob
Last edited by oldbob on Sat May 04, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dzogchen”