Scarves worn over the shoulder

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
Lingpupa

Scarves worn over the shoulder

Post by Lingpupa »

I am new to Bön, so forgive me if this seems dumb.
I have come into contact with a Bön sangha (and may I say they seem like a good bunch at first or second meeting). They clearly have a "thing" about wearing a scarf over one shoulder or the other (according to gender), loosely tied over the opposite hip. The colours seem to simply be whatever fashion colours take the wearers' fancy, though there may be something I have not cottoned on to. (Then again, this is in Italy, so you have to expect a bit of stylish wearing. :smile: ).
What's the scoop?
All the best
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
kalden yungdrung

Re: Scarves worn over the shoulder

Post by kalden yungdrung »

Lingpupa wrote:I am new to Bön, so forgive me if this seems dumb.
I have come into contact with a Bön sangha (and may I say they seem like a good bunch at first or second meeting). They clearly have a "thing" about wearing a scarf over one shoulder or the other (according to gender), loosely tied over the opposite hip. The colours seem to simply be whatever fashion colours take the wearers' fancy, though there may be something I have not cottoned on to. (Then again, this is in Italy, so you have to expect a bit of stylish wearing. :smile: ).
What's the scoop?
All the best

Tashi delek L,

Maybe zou have a photo because i cannot see what zou are meaning?

Sure at the web zou could google for that photo. Then do upload that here please.

Mutsug Marro
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
Lingpupa

Re: Scarves worn over the shoulder

Post by Lingpupa »

Ah, it's nice to have some kind of answer.
No, I don't have a picture. I do take pictures quite a lot, but didn't feel it was the right thing. I'll see if I can find one - or get someone to model one!
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."

Return to “Bön”