commentary with root text of Parting from the 4 Attachments

JKhedrup

commentary with root text of Parting from the 4 Attachments

Post by JKhedrup »

Does anyone have a link to the text itself with a commentary available in both Tibetan and English?

Geshe la will teach this in the coming term and I would rather download something that have to send to India for it.

Thanks so much!
JKhedrup

Re: commentary with root text of Parting from the 4 Attachme

Post by JKhedrup »

Thanks! Didn't realize it was a Lojong text so didn't know where to look. I am glad Geshe la it teaching this, it will force me to learn more about the Sakya tradition which I know very little about.

This term there were two weekends on Kunzang La'mai Zhalung and in about a years time we will do Dagpo Thargyen (Jewel Ornament of Liberation), to give students a taste of the different presentations across the Tibetan schools.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

This doesn't have the Tibetan, but maybe you will find it interesting:
http://www.siddharthasintent.org/teachi ... achme.html

You can download it by requesting it here:
https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/K ... eForm.html
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

JKhedrup wrote:Thanks! Didn't realize it was a Lojong text so didn't know where to look.
It is the Sakya lojong teaching followed closely by the root verses of "The Great Path of Awakening".

The comentary by Jetsun Drakpa Gyaltsen is considered the basic commentary on the Four Thoughts. I think I have the commentary published by Khenpo Kalsang Gyaltsen and Ani Chodron at home.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Sakya”