Hello virtual sangha!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
dimeo

Hello virtual sangha!

Post by dimeo »

I've been into meditation for a few years, but am just starting to get into mediating several hours each week.
I notice many positive things happening as a result of the practice. For example, I get far better sleep than ever and fall asleep faster without as much tossing and turning.

I was first introduced to meditation in the mid 90s when I'd gotten into these 'mind machine' gadgets. Later in university a friend invited me to a weekly Tibetan Buddhist meditation session. I continued to meditate occasionally over the years. Lately I've been dedicated to regular practice and study.

I only know one other person in my daily life that meditates. So this is a really nice thing to be able to interact with other like minded people. I'm really pleased to find all these great forums for sharing and discussion of dharma practice.
flavio81

Re: Hello virtual sangha!

Post by flavio81 »

dimeo wrote:I've been into meditation for a few years, but am just starting to get into mediating several hours each week.
I notice many positive things happening as a result of the practice. For example, I get far better sleep than ever and fall asleep faster without as much tossing and turning.

I was first introduced to meditation in the mid 90s when I'd gotten into these 'mind machine' gadgets. Later in university a friend invited me to a weekly Tibetan Buddhist meditation session. I continued to meditate occasionally over the years. Lately I've been dedicated to regular practice and study.

I only know one other person in my daily life that meditates. So this is a really nice thing to be able to interact with other like minded people. I'm really pleased to find all these great forums for sharing and discussion of dharma practice.
Hi and welcome!

Which "mind machine" gadget was it? I, as an engineer, i'm very curious to them. It's compassionate action to create a device that would help a common person to relax a little bit, i'd say.
If this is a virtual sangha, do we achieve virtualization instead of realization?
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:
lobster

Post by lobster »

:hi:

virtual Buddhist meditator :bow:
flavio81

Post by flavio81 »

lobster wrote:virtual Buddhist meditator :bow:
If one does lots of virtual meditation instead of real meditation, does one eventually achieve virtualization instead of realization?

:mrgreen:
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon »

One would imagine so...
:rolleye:
Let peace reign!

Metta,

Monsoon
lobster

Post by lobster »

flavio81 wrote:
If one does lots of virtual meditation instead of real meditation, does one eventually achieve virtualization instead of realization?

:mrgreen:
:jumping: :shrug:

I am virtually un-enlightened by such dilemmas . . . let us hope our new friend posts us in the right direction . . .

:oops:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Welcome "dimeo"! I hope you find the (virtual) support you are looking for! :smile:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Introductions”