Event : 7 Days Meditation Retreat
"The Practice of Guru Rinpoche's Konchok Chidu Puja and Amitabha Practice"
Date : December 6-12
Website : http://kirtipur.org/courses_theme_retreats.html#phowa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Venue :Kagyu Institute of Buddhist Studies,G.P.O. Box 3157,Dev Doka,Ward No 2,
It is a complete text which includes an outer, inner, secret and long life practice as well as an amending of samaya fire offering and feast practice (Ganachakra Tsog offering practice). Through the power of the Lama, in the form of Tsokye Dorje - a peaceful manifestation of Guru Rinpoche; the Yidam Guru Drakpo - a wrathful manifestation of Guru Rinpoche; and the Khandro Senge Dongma, it removes obstacles and harmful influences; creates positive circumstances for the environment and all beings; increases virtue; and clears away all ignorance.
Widely practiced by the practitioners of Kagyu and Nyingma lineages in the whole of Tibet and especially in western Tibet and the Himalayan region of Nepal, this text is renowned for its simplicity and profundity. Ven. Shangpa Rinpoche, in his previous life, spent 12 years in retreat and completed 12 times of the Konchok Chidu's four foundation practices.
It is said that amongst the 500 different termas of Tsewang (long life empowerment) that have been discovered throughout the centuries, the Tsewang of Konchok Chidu is said to be the main one that confers Guru Rinpoche's most profound blessings for long life and freedom from obstacles. For this reason one of the main part of the retreat will be the Guru Rinpoche Konchok Chidu Long Life Empowerment, During the 7 days retreat, Rinpoche will grant the oral transmission and instructions of the text and give guidancee in group meditation practice based on the Konchok Chidu Sadhana. In addition, participants will also learn how to prepare the offerings and torma for the puja including the use of chanting implements. This retreat will provide the participants a good preparation and foundation for the pilgrimage retreat at the Maratika caves. Other practices and trainings included in the retreat:
* Teaching on Amitabha Practice
* Guru Rinpoche Konchok Chidu Long Life Empowerment by Ven Sang Sang Rinpoche (subject to change & confirmation).
* Torma Making: All retreatants will receive extensive training in torma making, and will make tormas for the Tsok offeing.
* Offering of Music: Training in the use of cymbals, drums, conches and if necessary, other instruments will be made available for those who are motivated to learn them.
* Daily Mahakala Puja: The Mahakala protector practice will be done by the group daily, chanted in the traditional melodies. Simple instructions will be given by the Sangha.
1 post • Page 1 of 1