The 100 million Mani Mantra retreat

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Dave The Seeker

The 100 million Mani Mantra retreat

Post by Dave The Seeker »

This is being sponsored by FPMT, as I understand it, in Mongolia.
The retreat started yesterday and is until the end of the month.
I know many of us can not attend this retreat, but I was thinking to be "part of it", for lack of a better term, we could recite the Mani Mantra "x" times a day.
I'm going to recite a mala (108x) of it twice a day, one in the morning and one in evening, and dedicate the benefits of this action to the compassion of all practitioners and the enlightenment of all universal living beings.

Just putting this out there if anyone would be interested.

:namaste:

Dave
Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: The 100 million Mani Mantra retreat

Post by Ayu »

Here is the link: http://www.fpmtmongolia.org/mani-retreat-2013/

It is a nice suggestion. Suits me fine, 'cause I just startet the Avalokiteshvara-Sadhana daily. I donate 3 Malas (324x) from yesterday. :D
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Plus 4 Malas. :smile:
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Dave and Ayu.
There is also an annual FPMT Mani Retreat for World Peace that runs from November to May.
It is done per Rinpoche's request, organized through a center in Australia, and is conducted worldwide with at-home participants.
Participants practice the sadhana daily and a monthly mala count is submitted for the duration of the retreat. The at-home retreat
coordinator is Caroline Crossman and you might consider contacting her at [email protected] as the next retreat approaches to participate
and obtain a copy of the sadhana.
Shaun :namaste:
Dave The Seeker

Post by Dave The Seeker »

That is great Ayu! :anjali:

Shaun thank you very much. I will send her an email shortly.

:namaste:
Dave
Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”