Soreness in thighs.

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
philji

Soreness in thighs.

Post by philji »

Any ideas or tips for dealing with pain and stiffness in thighs, especially after sitting. I have been doing more sitting of late but am noticing a real stiffness in my thigh muscles...hobbling around for a while like an old man...well I am quite old!!!!!!
Malcolm

Re: Soreness in thighs.

Post by Malcolm »

philji wrote:Any ideas or tips for dealing with pain and stiffness in thighs, especially after sitting. I have been doing more sitting of late but am noticing a real stiffness in my thigh muscles...hobbling around for a while like an old man...well I am quite old!!!!!!
light yoga, especially with postures held for several minutes like Paschimottasana.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

You might get some ideas from this thread on the other DW - http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16428.

:coffee:
Kim
Luke

Post by Luke »

You could also try foam rolling, which has become a very popular flexibility and recovery aid in the fitness community over the past few years.

http://breakingmuscle.com/mobility-reco ... es-it-hurt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.customstrength.com/foamrollguide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dharmagoat

Post by dharmagoat »

I have the same problem and have found that sitting for shorter intervals more often allows me to extend my total sitting time.
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Some light exercise and followed by light stretching or yoga when the tissues are warm may help.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
Qing Tian

Post by Qing Tian »

I perform at least one complete set of the Yi Jin Jing every single day. When done properly it relaxes all the joints and increases flexibility dramatically. However, it takes at least 90 days of daily practice before a. the habit really sets in, and b. the sense of relaxedness is properly sensed. It is, IMHO, definitely worth persevering with this practice.
“Not till your thoughts cease all their branching here and there, not till you abandon all thoughts of seeking for something, not till your mind is motionless as wood or stone, will you be on the right road to the Gate.”
WASW

Post by WASW »

Regular rigorous exercise, if possible. Running will increase the soreness in the short term, but I've found on a long-term basis it has really helped improve my sitting and posture.
lobster

Post by lobster »

philji wrote:Any ideas or tips for dealing with pain and stiffness in thighs, especially after sitting. I have been doing more sitting of late but am noticing a real stiffness in my thigh muscles...hobbling around for a while like an old man...well I am quite old!!!!!!
Try a chair. If you can not sit in a chair after all this time, learn to relax. Yoga, tai chi exercise. You have not grown up sitting on the floor . . . :namaste:
Lindama

Post by Lindama »

Epsom salt bath.... 2 C with some baking soda. not too hot
Not last night,
not this morning,
melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”