Nepal Or Taiwan

General discussion, particularly exploring the Dharma in the modern world.

Which country its possible/best to become a buddhist monk?Nepal Or Taiwan

Nepal
50%
Taiwan
50%

Total votes: 4

Huifeng

Re: Nepal Or Taiwan

Post by Huifeng »

A lot of places in Taiwan wouldn't accept a youth who hasn't graduated from high school, unless they were extremely exceptional.

Please stay in school! :smile:

~~ Huifeng
tigerh98

Post by tigerh98 »

If im gonna vo to taiwan its going be 18+ u call that a youth?so what ur saying i have to graduate to become a monk in taiwan?idont think so
KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

i would listen to him. he is much more knowledgable and experienced than you are, and if i understood him right, he is a monk himself in chinese or taiwanese tradition and knows great deal about this subject.
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
tigerh98

Post by tigerh98 »

I telled my mom that when im 18 even if i dont graduate or pass 11th grade that i could leave school she accepted that but im going try getting a job when 16 to make my own money :D
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

Actually I think several of the large Taiwanese monasteries do insist on high school.

And many of the monks and nuns have BAs and even graduate degrees. If your level of education is higher, you will have access to a broader variety of opportunities in the monastery. If you don't have a degree, your options will be very limited. Chinese culture really values education. A degree would be less of an issue at a Theravada or Tibetan monastery.
tigerh98

Post by tigerh98 »

Ok so ur telling me i wont be able to become a monk in taiwan?ok ill becone one in USA?!
JKhedrup

Post by JKhedrup »

Not that you won't be able to, just that you won't be able to at some monasteries. In other words, you have less options.
tigerh98

Post by tigerh98 »

What Nepal 2 votes taiwan 1 :| ? Explain why its like this?is nepal possible like in taiwan to become a buddhist monk is permanent visa in nepal a problem?
Lindama

Post by Lindama »

Only you can know for sure.... stop acting like a child if you want to do something this extreme.

Know yourself and stop the frak rebellion. Get smart! have you taken in any of these offerings... or are you blinded by your own illusions.

once you know... then, blessings on you!

The voting thing is just crap, more illusion. Find your heart's desire.
Not last night,
not this morning,
melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
tigerh98

Post by tigerh98 »

Lol acting like a child?im just askibg questions what do you mean by find your own way?
philji

Post by philji »

Tiger. It is my suggestion you right now, today, begin the study and practice of Buddhism... Start where you are... Forget about where can I practice, where can I be a monk ... Right now if you want to you can practice.....start with exploring the different schools, read books, and most importantly visit teachers in your own country...there are so many.... The motivation to become a monk should be to help others not to avoid something you don't like....
tigerh98

Post by tigerh98 »

Ok i will learn every thing about buddhism im going try to join buddhist collage go to dharma center buy buddhism books and also use the internet and my motivations to become a monk are helping others compassion nirvana and because i want to escape from the law samsara

Return to “Dharma in Everyday Life”