Ratna Lingpa Terma ?

amanitamusc

Ratna Lingpa Terma ?

Post by amanitamusc »

Did anyone here re the " Billowing clouds of Compassion
Avalokiteswara-Guhyasamaja" terma by Ratna Lingpa From Garchen Rinpoche? I am looking for more info
on this terma,maybe a commentary.

Thanks.
conebeckham

Re: Ratna Lingpa Terma ?

Post by conebeckham »

Pretty sure it's part of the Rinchen Terdzo, there may be a Tri somewhere in those volumes.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Just check the index of full Rinchen Terdzo (not the empowerments list), there is no commentary included.
(Actually it's rare that commentary is included in Rinchen Terdzo. You can imagine that will make the whole already-huge collection oversize)

But I guess the basic principle is similar to others.

The full terma is included in Ratnalingpa's terma collection, but I don't think there would be a commentary either. Probably there will be something like retreat direction, but not really that useful for you I guess?
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I checked the empowerment list (not the full index!) and didn't see this particular one listed, actually.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

conebeckham wrote:I checked the empowerment list (not the full index!) and didn't see this particular one listed, actually.
'Billowing clouds of Compassion' is just the title of the ritual text.

The empowerments are here:
----------------------------
thugs rje chen po gsang ba ‘dus pa’i rtsa dbang chen po dngos gshi rin chen gter gyi bum pa’i rgyun ‘dren/
dbang sangs rgyas stong dbang rgyas pa sbyar
The great empowerment for the main root empowerment for Mahakarunika Guyasamaja, combined with the elaborate empowerment for the thousand Buddhas, as in The Meaningful Connection, in accordance with Bringing Out the Stream of the Precious Treasure Vase
Tertön: Ratna Lingpa
Empowerment author: Jamgön Kongtrül Lodrö Thaye
[HETSR 367 ‘A, HHPR 256]
(the elaborate empowerment for the thousand buddhas was listed as a separate entry in Kunnam’s list thugs rje gsang ‘dus las sangs rgyas stong gi dbang ‘brel tshad don ldan HHPR 257)

thugs rje chen po gsang ba ‘dus pa’i dbang bzhi ‘bring po du bskur ba gtor dbang yi bzhin nor bu mtshams
sbyor gyis brgyan pa mtha’ yi gtor dbang bsdus pa’i byin rlabs gtor ma’i bka’ bsgo lung bcas
The torma empowerment for the medium four empowerments of Mahakarunika Guyasamaja, together with the brief command-torma of blessing and the scriptural transmission of mantra repetition, in accordance with The Adornment of the Brief Manual: The Wish-fulfilling Jewel
Tertön: Ratna Lingpa
Empowerment author: Jamgön Kongtrül Lodrö Thaye
[HETSR 368 ‘A, HHPR not listed]
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Names of Tibetan texts can be very confusing.

It's difficult to identify Tibetan text from English description. One name could be translated into many different names in Engilsh, when names of texts in Tibetan are already similar to each other. I always need to check the Tibetan to make sure what text people are talking about, otherwise I can only guess. It's slightly easier if using Chinese; Chinese is more sepecific when considering Buddhism terms.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Thanks everyone for all of your info!

Return to “Nyingma”