Hello from Oregon

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Sönam

Re: Hello from Oregon

Post by Sönam »

hi,

Are you reddust? ... nice to see you back here and there

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
reddust

Post by reddust »

@Sonam are you that Frenchman I used to argue with all the time on e-sangha? If so I am very happy to see you are doing well. If not I know several other Sonams as well put they are not so well fixed in my memory.
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

reddust wrote:@Sonam are you that Frenchman I used to argue with all the time on e-sangha? If so I am very happy to see you are doing well. If not I know several other Sonams as well put they are not so well fixed in my memory.
I'm that guy ... and argumentation is no more a sport I practice much

Still love you Red
Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
reddust

Post by reddust »

Sönam wrote:
reddust wrote:@Sonam are you that Frenchman I used to argue with all the time on e-sangha? If so I am very happy to see you are doing well. If not I know several other Sonams as well put they are not so well fixed in my memory.
I'm that guy ... and argumentation is no more a sport I practice much

Still love you Red
Sönam
Sönam you vexed me so! I grew to love you as well. :heart:
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
Karma Tashi G.

Post by Karma Tashi G. »

Welcome!

I am not from Oregon, but am here now in Portland!
If you like Longchenpa Rabjam, we are friends!

KTG
reddust

Post by reddust »

Karma Tashi G. wrote:Welcome!

KTG
I grew up near Portland, on the foothills of Mt Hood, it is a very nice city, very easy to move around because of the alphabetical order of its streets. I read "You Are the Eyes of the World", "Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world, Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morn-in' brings." I cried during certain parts of this book. I'm forever in love with Longchenpa :heart:

I also was able to attend a retreat with Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche back in 2008 in Conway. I sat behind his Son, Yeshi Silvano Namkhai through the whole retreat and didn't know who he was. He was one of the hardest working volunteers at the retreat and I liked sitting behind him because he was so focused and calm. I was able to meet the whole family and lots of older students and many young ones. It was one of the best retreats I've attended.

Very nice to meet you :anjali:
Karma Tashi G.

Post by Karma Tashi G. »

reddust wrote:
Karma Tashi G. wrote:Welcome!

KTG
I cried during certain parts of this book. I'm forever in love with Longchenpa :heart:

Very nice to meet you :anjali:
Yes, I too have feelings of deep deep affinity relations with him! Oregon is so beautiful! I like the dry parts the best: they remind me of my home. Last weekend I travelled to the eastern part to pick up a very sacred treasure. All this rain!: Do you understand "A gentle rain is falling all over the earth.?" I heard that once. But no one nowadays seems to understand it!

Nice to meet you too!
:heart:

KTG
tatpurusa

Post by tatpurusa »

Welcome back reddust!

...one more that remembers you ... :alien:

a fellow dzogchenpa (more from the Bon side though I love Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche too)

tp
reddust

Post by reddust »

Karma Tashi G. wrote: Do you understand "A gentle rain is falling all over the earth.?" I heard that once. But no one nowadays seems to understand it!
My Vipassana mediation teachers mentioned flowers falling like rain in relation to the teachings, metta and meditation. If you have a story to share about this gentle rain please do, now I want to know :heart:
Karma Tashi G.

Post by Karma Tashi G. »

reddust wrote:
Karma Tashi G. wrote: Do you understand "A gentle rain is falling all over the earth.?" I heard that once. But no one nowadays seems to understand it!
My Vipassana mediation teachers mentioned flowers falling like rain in relation to the teachings, metta and meditation. If you have a story to share about this gentle rain please do, now I want to know :heart:
Like so many things, it is an experience rather than a teaching! Sometimes practice is like deep yearning love, is it not? Sometimes we are the sole inhabitant of the most lovely empty palace! Sometimes we understand "I will save all beings!" Sometimes we see our old root teacher in the sky above us! Sometimes we encounter a tree at the crossroads and the tears fall like rain. Sometimes, a gentle rain falls all around us in a room, on a street, and we can only smile!!

Mysterious old man!!!

KTG
reddust

Post by reddust »

Karma Tashi G. wrote:
Like so many things, it is an experience rather than a teaching! Sometimes practice is like deep yearning love, is it not? Sometimes we are the sole inhabitant of the most lovely empty palace! Sometimes we understand "I will save all beings!" Sometimes we see our old root teacher in the sky above us! Sometimes we encounter a tree at the crossroads and the tears fall like rain. Sometimes, a gentle rain falls all around us in a room, on a street, and we can only smile!!

Mysterious old man!!!

KTG
I will paint this as my first winter painting after I finish Water Spirit Woman I started this last spring, thank you for such a lovely gift :anjali:
reddust

Post by reddust »

tatpurusa wrote:Welcome back reddust!

...one more that remembers you ... :alien:

a fellow dzogchenpa (more from the Bon side though I love Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche too)

tp
Hehehe, you remember me and I have been reading your posts, wondering why you seemed so familiar :cheers: (I am not kidding).
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Reddust,

Nice to see you here!

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Maitri,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
reddust

Post by reddust »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Reddust,

Nice to see you here!

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Maitri,

Only five more months until Cricket season? Nice to see you as well :heart: :namaste:
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Lisa,

Actually, here in the southern hemisphere it's already in full swing with Australia recently defeating England in the first of five tests!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2 ... 92391.html

Have a lovely day!

Maitri,
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
reddust

Post by reddust »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Lisa,

Actually, here in the southern hemisphere it's already in full swing with Australia recently defeating England in the first of five tests!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2 ... 92391.html

Have a lovely day!

Maitri,
You know my husband is from the Nederlands and I follow his Football so I can understand what he is so excited about. I did the same thing with your Cricket …. so kind you remember my name :heart:

Return to “Introductions”