Toxic black mold and mycotoxin victims

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Roland

Toxic black mold and mycotoxin victims

Post by Roland »

I've discovered I've been slowly being poisoned by toxic black mold spores for at least a year and a half. This was so severe to the point of basically going into shock 3-4 times a day. I had very violent reactions for about a month and still have multiple, every changing symptoms. New health issue every day. I have no idea if prayers work, but I'm really starting to get frustrated. I'm stuck here for at least a few more weeks. I'm requesting prayers to survive this mess. Some mycotoxins are actually used in biochemical warfare, like in the Vietnam war in particular. I'm living in a slow drip chemical war zone. More importantly, prayers for the victims who are suffering much, much harder than I. Entire families have been wrecked. Babies born into moldy environments are swollen, red, eyes swollen shut, open sores. Some people die, go deaf, are paralyzed, have permanent neurological impairment and just about every whole body multi symptom sickness known can happen when 192 species of mold release 180 different mycotoxins. I think one study said that it is estimated that 40% or 60% of health problems worldwide are caused by mold and mycotoxin exposure. I suspect it will become more widespread, worse, as climate change continues and economies fall apart. Homeowners and landlords will have less money for remediation in the future and more people will suffer.

May all beings be free from the creeping, insidious suffering caused by mold toxicity.
"Seek truth in meditation, not moldy books. Look in the sky to find the moon, not in the pond."
- Persian proverb
Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Toxic black mold and mycotoxin victims

Post by Adamantine »

Roland wrote:I've discovered I've been slowly being poisoned by toxic black mold spores for at least a year and a half. This was so severe to the point of basically going into shock 3-4 times a day. I had very violent reactions for about a month and still have multiple, every changing symptoms. New health issue every day. I have no idea if prayers work, but I'm really starting to get frustrated. I'm stuck here for at least a few more weeks. I'm requesting prayers to survive this mess. Some mycotoxins are actually used in biochemical warfare, like in the Vietnam war in particular. I'm living in a slow drip chemical war zone. More importantly, prayers for the victims who are suffering much, much harder than I. Entire families have been wrecked. Babies born into moldy environments are swollen, red, eyes swollen shut, open sores. Some people die, go deaf, are paralyzed, have permanent neurological impairment and just about every whole body multi symptom sickness known can happen when 192 species of mold release 180 different mycotoxins. I think one study said that it is estimated that 40% or 60% of health problems worldwide are caused by mold and mycotoxin exposure. I suspect it will become more widespread, worse, as climate change continues and economies fall apart. Homeowners and landlords will have less money for remediation in the future and more people will suffer.

May all beings be free from the creeping, insidious suffering caused by mold toxicity.
How do you know you're affected? I've been wondering if a leak behind the wall in my place resulted in mold....it's all speculative but just seems like common sense that it could be bad back there.. Don't want to open it up in fear of releasing airborne spores though
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Roland

Post by Roland »

I have this built in asthma meter that manifests symptoms when there is some allergen or toxin in the environment around me, especially with air pollution, airborne particles etc. My health has swan dived since I've lived here. Mold sicknesses are generally taboo in the medical community. They tend to either think you are crazy or it can only cause asthma or allergy symptoms. It can be difficult to pin down because there is an extremely wide range of symptoms that can change day to day and hour to hour. I had violent allergic reactions at first, then myriad other symptoms over the course of a month. Near the end I had cognitive and neurological symptoms.. bad confusion, brain fog, even mild hallucinations because mycotoxins attack the brain, especially when your system is overloaded. Then I discovered A LOT of mold, cleaned it up, and in a few days everything cleared up and I felt better than I had in months.

Different molds are more dangerous and they all release many different mycotoxins, so there can be this wide range of symptoms that can change. I would look for unexplainable health issues, cognitive dysfunction, sinus infections, hives (which I didn't have, but many do get from mold)...

I think some people don't have such severe reactions, but the more times one is exposed to toxic mold in life, the more sensitive they become as the immune system ramps up each time. I had a job for many years working with mold on old roofs, so this explains why I had a brutal reaction this time. It is especially hard in people who have certain genetic mutations where their body doesn't clear toxins out well. I'm basically a canary :/
"Seek truth in meditation, not moldy books. Look in the sky to find the moon, not in the pond."
- Persian proverb
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Yeah I live in WA state where it can be a problem.

The first apartment complex we lived in there I am pretty sure had a big problem with it, we would basically get asthma any time we showered, or the bathroom got moist enough.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Lindama

Post by Lindama »

About 10 years ago, I lived in a basement apt. After two years, i got sick and could hardly walk up stairs.... I kept the heat very high and it seemed to provide temporary relief... I'm not certain it was black mold, it was mold. My landlady wanted to take off the wood paneling... I refused until I moved. I started improving as soon as I left for the higher ground and sunshine.... about 2 blocks away up the hill.

take care of yourself
Not last night,
not this morning,
melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Roland

Post by Roland »

It is horrendous stuff. I've been talking to some of the worst cases online. One guy went deaf and is in a wheelchair, paralyzed from 10+ years of exposure. People are getting tumors, and multiple whole-system diseases at once... for some reason, many don't believe mold can be an issue at all.

I heard, from someone who sprayed chemicals to kill the mold, that turning up the heat really high helps. I'm assuming it kills the airborne spores. Also, running a dehumidifier is beneficial for prevention.

One thing I learned is that, contrary to the widespread belief, bleach is not effective at killing mold. There are strains that feed off of bleach and the excess water soaks into walls, breeding more spores. I speculate if mold actually adapted to bleach treatments, to start feeding off of it, or if there were strains that ate bleach all along. Apparently, ammonia is the way to go to clean off surface mold.
- Persian proverb

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”