Gratitude List

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
reddust

Gratitude List

Post by reddust »

I am grateful for my Dharma teachers being here to teach me how to live and die well, they taught me how to help myself.

This year I am grateful I am alive, healthy and pain-free because 4 years ago I was so sick and tired. I had been sick for a long time before this and I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep forever, I was really tired of being sick and tired. Because of my Dharma teachings I was able to live a good life through all this sickness and fatigue and if I get sick again I am not afraid, I know what to do.

I am grateful to nature, friends, family, children, and our puppy too. Being able to see, smell, touch, feel, have emotions. Walking and moving pain-free. I can bend down and touch my toes, I am so grateful for that! Every time I bend over to pick something up instead of getting a resentment about cleaning up a mess I am so happy to be able to walk and bend over, move my arms and hands without pain.

I can write and paint, I can talk and understand people, that is so amazing and I am so grateful for this ability to communicate!

I am grateful for the sun, the moon, stars and the clouds, they give us life and protect us.
I am grateful for our chickens they are so giving and kind and our garden, the wonder of seeds is amazing.

I am so grateful for people who have taken the time to help me or let me help them.

Technology, this computer, ebooks, books in general, so much wisdom and help they have given me over the years.

I could go on and on but maybe someone else has something to be grateful for too. :namaste:
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
LastLegend

Re: Gratitude List

Post by LastLegend »

I am not very healthy but not diseased. Still smoking cigarettes. Lack of sleep and stress, and maybe a loose screw. But I know I will be enlightened before I die ok.

Take care.
It’s eye blinking.
reddust

Post by reddust »

LastLegend wrote:I am not very healthy but not diseases. Still smoking cigarettes. Lack of sleep and stress, and maybe a loose screw. But I know I will be enlightened before I die ok.

Take care.
I doubt I will be enlightened this life time, but I am healthy enough to practice now! So we shall see, or maybe....I will see you on the other shore? My doubt is still here but I make her hoe the garden for me, she is a good little worker :thumbsup:

If you eat well and keep your minerals and vitamins up you can use them to buffer the toll that smoking and stress take. It's really hard to practice when you are sick. :heart:
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

You are right. I am skinny like stick like Sakymuni when he was fasting under the Bodhi tree hehehe. I am not comparing myself to Buddha ok.
It’s eye blinking.
reddust

Post by reddust »

LastLegend wrote:You are right. I am skinny like stick like Sakymuni when he was fasting under the Bodhi tree hehehe. I am not comparing myself to Buddha ok.
You may be skinny but you have a huge kind heart. Take care of yourself, I am grateful to know you, you have made me laugh a lot, that's a gift that I hold dearly. :namaste:
lesliejoyB

Post by lesliejoyB »

You are thoughtful and had a kind heart indeed. :)

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”