SFZC- Experiences and Opinions

Daniel

SFZC- Experiences and Opinions

Post by Daniel »

Hello All.

I'm heading back into the SFZC organization this year by way of the upcoming summer work practice (SWP) apprenticeship program at Tassajara (the first go'round being 2012) to begin the process of ordination. The SWP program is a really great way to get a taste of monastic life and environs without making a long term commitment to the lifestyle. For those of you who aren't familiar, Tassajara opens up to the public 5 months out of every year, where in guests enjoy cuisine, bath houses, dharma talks, meditation, hot springs, retreats, hiking, workshops etc. It's also an opportunity for those seriously interested in living and practicing long term within SFZC to earn practice period credits. I've found it to be a pretty good deal!

http://www.sfzc.org/tassajara/display.a ... d=4,29,273

Anywho, I'd like to hear about the experiences and opinions of others that have spent time within one of their main practice centers (City Center, Green Gulch and Tassajara). Personally, I've had both fantastic and disturbing experiences during my time there; the latter resulting from encounters with a few other residents.

Thanks!
"When you know how to live correctly on this
shore, you are already on the other shore. There
really is no place to go."

Return to “Soto”