Requesting to do tsog etc.

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
pael

Requesting to do tsog etc.

Post by pael »

Hello,
I have taken Konchog chidu initiation year ago and broke root vows. I have never practiced Buddhism authentically. Only by books. And one sutric Sadhana without technical instructions.
Could some one do for me Narak Kong Shak (Stirring the depths)or any tsog, riwo sangchö and 100 000 hundred-syllables? Or can you add me in your prayers? I cannot attend these for months. I can not do these myself. I have difficult reduced mobility. I cannot fold my hands, do prostration or walk. I cannot hold and turn prayer booklet. It is tought to do prayers.
Thank you.
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Requesting to do tsog etc.

Post by Adamantine »

pael wrote:Hello,
I have taken Konchog chidu initiation year ago and broke root vows. I have never practiced Buddhism authentically. Only by books. And one sutric Sadhana without technical instructions.
Could some one do for me Narak Kong Shak (Stirring the depths)or any tsog, riwo sangchö and 100 000 hundred-syllables? Or can you add me in your prayers? I cannot attend these for months. I can not do these myself. I have difficult reduced mobility. I cannot fold my hands, do prostration or walk. I cannot hold and turn prayer booklet. It is tought to do prayers.
Thank you.
Pael, Tsok and Riwo Sang Cho may be hard for you to accomplish on your own, if you don't have the proper training in them. However, reciting the 100 syllable mantra should not be hard for you to do alone. If you have sincere remorse for breaking your samaya, the 100 syllable mantra recitation is a profound and important method to sincerely express your regret and purify the damaged tantric vows.

Here is one video with a nice melody, and the mantra written in English phonetics, you can read the english phonetics and learn to do the recitation with the video:
phpBB [video]

Here are some other versions for pronunciation or melody:

Here is another
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Here is a video with no sound of the mantra, but just the translation of the mantra's meaning in English, part by part.
phpBB [video]

I hope this helps. The more of this mantra you can recite and accumulate, the better. If you can aim for 100,000 like your post said.. this is ideal.
There is ideally also a purification visualization done too.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
SeekerNo1000003

Post by SeekerNo1000003 »

Hi pael,
It so happens that there will be a Tsog offering in the Dharma center I am attending in a couple of weeks. I'm not familiar with Tsog offering yet, but I will be happy to keep you in my prayers.
:heart:
Seeker X
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Pael and Seeker: if one needs to perform tsok to purify broken vows, then just asking someone to dedicate their own tsok practice to the vow breaker doesn't quite do it. Of course, ideally, Pael would perform tsok themselves, or in person along with a group. If they can't do this, the next best thing is to sponsor a tsok puja. This would mean, buying the food offerings for the tsok, for the torma, etc. and even making a generous offering to the presiding Lama (assuming there is a presiding Lama). If there is no Lama, but just a fellow sangha member / dharma friend then at the least it would be best to sponsor the offering substances. This way it becomes your own generosity offering, otherwise, it is a bit of a cop out and you're not really participating in any meaningful way. In other circumstances, or for other remedies, just having someone dedicate could be beneficial... but when purifying broken vows you really need to be a bit more hands-on.

Definitely, doing Vajrasattva 100-syllable recitation is most ideal for you, until you can A) attend a tsok or B) sponsor a tsok..

:namaste:

Oh and Pael, if it is very hard for some reason to do the long Vajrasattva mantra, you could always start with the short 6-syllable one and work your way up...

Here is a brief explanation of purification practice and the visualization that accompanies the mantra recitation of Vajrasattva. It has the short 6 syllable mantra at the end, if you don't know it. http://www.khenposodargye.org/2013/03/b ... ractice-2/
pael

Post by pael »

I fear I can't attend or sponsor tsok in this life.
I heard if broken vows are not confessed in two years you have to give your family to your guru or all what you possess.
I heard if three years pass it is impossible to avoid hell.
I fear I can't attend or sponsor tsok in that time.
I can do only 1 to 28 times on day 6-syllables mantra. 1000 times is threat to my well being.
I heard that 600 000 times purify broken samaya.
I can't do that much in this life.
Death can come any time.
I realised Theravada should be my religion.
I rushed too fast in initiation.
I fear I can't attain englightenment.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Pael, if your regret is sincere and you are disabled and can't physically do much than you do what you can, with sincere remorse and positive aspiration. I want to remind you of two posts from Heart / Magnus from last year, in answer to your queries. . I think you should heed them:
heart wrote:
pael wrote:If I fully transgress tantric vows, can that be purified? How?
What, if I die middle of repenting? I have heard to purify full transgression it is needed 100000 repetion of vajrasatta mantra? Example: when I have done 5000 and if I die then, do I purify samaya? Do I still go to vajra hell?
100.000 is just a number,it isn't important, do it from your heart as much as you possibly can. Even for the rest of your life. Very fantastic practice, I promise you will not regret doing it.

/magnus

heart wrote:
pael wrote:No body didn't told me to do that.
I just don't know what to do.
I feel that I have broken samaya.
Can mantras be whispered? It's too tough to do them loud?
Must purification happen during lifetime?
What if death comes before it's finished.
Any quote from Buddha in tantras? I can't find tantras from web?
If you feel you broken samaya, you do vajrasattva. Mantras should be said "under your breathe" or whispered normally, even just thinking them have effect. Don't worry about death, making an effort already today will help. I also think you should see if you can find a qualified teacher to study with as well as read some good books, preferably in your own language.

/magnus
SeekerNo1000003

Post by SeekerNo1000003 »

My dear pael,
Would it be helpful to do prayers for your quick recovery from the hindrances that prevent you from attending the Tsok practice?
Thank you, Adamantine, for clarifying a few issues!
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Pael, if recitation of mantra is difficult, how about sitting in silent meditation, -is this possible? There is a simple form of meditation on Vajrasattva which is more powerfully purifying than even the mantra, and if you feel you are capable I will show you where to find the instruction on that.

Also, as Seeker said, let us know what your condition is that prevents you from recitation, attending or sponsoring tsok, etc. Then we can also pray for improvement of your health and conditions. . . and maybe this will prove to be beneficial.
pael

Post by pael »

I can't walk at all and can move hands only few centimetres. It can't be recovered. It's genetic disorder called Duchenne muscle dystrophy. And i am not at tsok days capable go dharma center because few months tsok have been at weekend and i'm near it those days.
Sponsoring is hard because I'm not using credit card myself. I can only use cash. Those who take care my money don't want use money those things. They don't know anything about buddhism. They don't believe in it. believe. I'm 22 and go university. I could give 5€ to center cash, but there are rarely any happening.
I can't go formal meditation position.
That Vajrasattva practice could be nice. Thank you.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

pael wrote:I can't walk at all and can move hands only few centimetres. It can't be recovered. It's genetic disorder called Duchenne muscle dystrophy. And i am not at tsok days capable go dharma center because few months tsok have been at weekend and i'm near it those days.
Sponsoring is hard because I'm not using credit card myself. I can only use cash. Those who take care my money don't want use money those things. They don't know anything about buddhism. They don't believe in it. believe. I'm 22 and go university. I could give 5€ to center cash, but there are rarely any happening.
I can't go formal meditation position.
That Vajrasattva practice could be nice. Thank you.
I understand Pael. I am sorry to hear of your obstacles, and will keep you in my prayers.

This link is to a teaching on "View, Meditation and Action" given by Shenpen Dawa Rinpoche, the son of the incomparable Dudjom Rinpoche. The whole teaching is important, and worth reading in detail. http://www.tersar.org/?page_id=2360 The specific part I was referring to begins at the beginning of View Meditation Action Part 2 under the heading "First Practice Technique" and then the next after that "Primordial Awareness Connecting Inner and Outer Luminosity". The instructions continue through the following sections up until the section "The Second Practice Technique". Rinpoche does spin off to elaborate some teachings on aspects of deity self-visualization and other things briefly but don't confuse this with the precise meditation instruction he is giving. He is giving a very precise and simple meditation here, that works with the nature of Vajrasattva inseparable from all Buddhas.

I also want to connect you to this wonderful confession prayer, it is a terma of Dudjom Rinpoche and really penetrates to the heart: http://dudjom.blogspot.com/2007/06/dudj ... rayer.html You can recite it in English, it is not necessary to do in Tibetan. And if reciting a prayer is an obstacle for you, then you can simply read it to yourself silently, and feel inwardly that you are reciting it: the most important is your intention and that you identify with the meaning of the prayer. You can recite a few of the short 6-syllable Vajrasattva mantras after this, whatever you are capable of. I hope this helps!

\

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”