Yang Zab Chenrezig Text Search

Konchog Tashi

Yang Zab Chenrezig Text Search

Post by Konchog Tashi »

Greetings.

I am looking for texts relating to the Chenrezig cycle contained in the Yang Zab revelations of Rinchen Phuntsok. Specifically I am looking for English translations of the sadhanas and the empowerment manual (untranslated). The most important of the the two is the empowerment manual.

I have requested the wang, lung and tri for these practices from a qualified Drikung Kagyu lama and he has agreed to either personally give them or to ask another qualified lama to do so.

The lama in question does not have the necessary texts and has asked me to obtain them. I have, over the course of several years made inquiries with several translators. I have inquired with the obvious Dharma centers. I have been unable to locate these texts. Unfortunately, I can neither read nor speak Tibetan, and this has limited my avenues of inquiry.

Any assistance that anyone could provide would be deeply appreciated. Feel free to message me to discuss the matter.

Thank you!

Tashi
conebeckham

Re: Yang Zab Chenrezig Text Search

Post by conebeckham »

http://www.tbrc.org/#library_work_ViewI ... |1|1|1|602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have TBRC access, this volume has it.

EDIT: Oh, I see you are looking for English translations.....well, this is likely no help, then. Sorry.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
supermaxv

Post by supermaxv »

Seems like the next logical step is to find a translator and begin collecting the resources for a translation to happen.
Konchog Tashi

Post by Konchog Tashi »

supermaxv wrote:Seems like the next logical step is to find a translator and begin collecting the resources for a translation to happen.

It is my understanding that several sadhanas from this cycle have been translated, perhaps with some supporting materials. However, I have been unable to obtain them. I know that on multiple occasions this wang/lung/tri has been given, by at least 2 different lamas. Unfortunately, I have never been able to travel to the events.

T
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Pray and create the causes.
And pray
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Konchog Tashi la,

Is one of the translators you spoke to Mike Dickman, by chance? If not, I will put him in contact with you, as he's Lho Ontul Rinpoche's main translator for the Drikung Dzogchen Translation Project. Another good person to speak to is Eric Fry-Miller, who has done lo sum da sum in the Drikung tradition. Both guys are super nice. Beyond that, Virginia Blum is residing in the States at Drupon Thinley Nyingpo Rinpoche's center in Tampa, FL.

I will put feelers out and see what I can find. HH Gyalwang Karmapa's blessings have been ripening me quite a bit of late, and I'm happy to share the love by helping in anyway I can. Feel free to message me in private about this further.

All the best,
~ Jinpa

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Did you find what you were looking for, Konchog Tashi? Garchen Rinpoche gave an empowerment for Yangzab Chenrezik back in mid-May, and sadhanas with English translation were available.

The one we got was entitled The Secret Hook of Compassion: The Secret and Quintessential Compilation of the Outer, Inner, and Secret Practices of the Great Compassionate One (Wyl. dam chos dgongs pa yang zab las gsang ba snying byang thugs rje chen po'i phyi nang gsang sgrub gsang ba thugs rje'i lcags kyu.

If you don't already have this text, consider contacting Gar Drölma Chöling:

http://www.gardrolma.org/
or
[email protected]

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ

Return to “Kagyu”